Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Posts older than 2018 for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island (to 2013)

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island (2014 to 2017)

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 1, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
What are the least expensive places at the resort to eat for lunch and dinner? For each, what might I expect a meal to cost without alcohol?
Originally Posted by goliath
I would say Rangali Bar. A few examples:

Beef Tenderloin 200g : USD 46++
Chicken Biryani : USD 34++
Don't forget the club sandwich @ $33++ and the wagyu beef burger @ $37++. I do recommend the burger.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Has anyone had experience of Rangali booking management not being able to view updated Hilton status? I sent off an email and received a reply today advising me they cannot see my updated Diamond status (3 x weeks ago updated). I enclosed our reservation numbers with the email so I assumed they had access to clients accounts which my account definitely shows I'm Diamond?
No experience of this personally but all you have to do is;
* tell the resort to call HH USA before you arrive
* have a screenshot of your account page ready (showing the status and date)
* be prepared to get them on the phone while you're at reception
* Since you're Diamond you can get the Diamond Desk to call or email them prior to your arrival to confirm your tier.

Oh, and you should try out Mandhoo as well. The small portions are similar in price to Rangali Bar (and The Quiet Zone which has the same menu as Rangali Bar). Open every day except Mondays for both lunch and dinner.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jan 1, 2018 at 2:48 am
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
No experience of this personally but all you have to do is;
* tell the resort to call HH USA before you arrive
* have a screenshot of your account page ready (showing the status and date)
* be prepared to get them on the phone while you're at reception
* Since you're Diamond you can get the Diamond Desk to call or email them prior to your arrival to confirm your tier.
Cheers MF, I sent on reply my HH account number to the Asst Manager and they have now confirmed they see my Diamond status.
I did note that in their Diamond status benefits on the email no mention of afternoon tea but I know this is included. They offered me 30% off all upgrade room prices FYI, im not sure how this offer compares to other individual room offers received on here.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Cheers MF, I sent on reply my HH account number to the Asst Manager and they have now confirmed they see my Diamond status.
I did note that in their Diamond status benefits on the email no mention of afternoon tea but I know this is included. They offered me 30% off all upgrade room prices FYI, im not sure how this offer compares to other individual room offers received on here.
Welcome. 20% off is standard, so you have a better rate. ^
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
There were issues with US passport holders getting visas. Apparently this has now been resolved and US passport holders are once again able to obtain e-visas on arrival. I'm just risk averse in that regard, but it seems a non-issue at this point. My concern would have been over missed connections and cancelled flights. While you don't need a visa to transit through Turkey, if you were stuck in IST for 24 hours waiting for another flight, not being able to leave the airport would have been a major drag.
Or worse - many USians have received the infamous TSA maSSSSage for months following a connection in IST.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:59 pm

Does anyone have the tv channel list? is there a bar to watch nfl wild card?
how about the internet speed? Can it handle netflix/nfl online stream??
thanks
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ironfire
thanks
Bring an Ethernet cable and hook it directly to their modem/router. If you can't do it they will send an IT person over. I had no problem watching live ESPN that way. I was in a DWV so set ups may be different in different accommodations. I also had no drops using slingbox that way which may be your best bet because nfl.com could be blacked out.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
In this year they will start with the renovation of thr Deluxe Beach Villas. They already have one mock-up villa, which can be visited.
But unfortunately during our stay at festive season, it was always occupied with guests.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: free agent
Would like to lift some weights during my upcoming stay at this property few weeks later. Do anyone know if gym come with free weight squat rack / bench press rack? I highly doubt, but want to ask. I assume there will be at least, dumbbell racks and bunch of fitness / cardio machines.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Unfortunately, no bench press/squat rack. That said, there's a great selection of free weights (in kgs) and nautilus-like machines. More than adequate. Two treadmills, steppers and a bike. Also a punching bag for a nice change of pace. All with a great view.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Unfortunately, no bench press/squat rack. That said, there's a great selection of free weights (in kgs) and nautilus-like machines. More than adequate. Two treadmills, steppers and a bike. Also a punching bag for a nice change of pace. All with a great view.
I found the gym to be the same, more than adequate. I don't think you'll be underwhelmed here as they have a pretty good selection of equipment. They even have an on-site person to help if you need help with the equipment, your workout, etc.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Abidjan
no worries. Maybe my body would appreciate a break from heavy lifting with better focus on cardio / doing various free-weight machines moves Looking forward to great view from gym room, and what's current hours for gym & swimming pool? TIA
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Change in Maximum occupancy with the water villas

Both the OWV and SWV used to state in the descriptions that the maximum occupancy was either 3 adults or 2 adults with 2 children under 12 (with consent). However, it looks like they have updated this to say up to 3 guests.

I'm sure on 27 December 2017 it still had the old text and I booked an OWV for 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 7) for 22-27 December 2018 with a reward certificate and I specifically looked out for this. Unfortunately I didn't keep a screen print.

edit : I notice 3rd party sites (expedia/agoda) still haven't updated the occupancy and accept bookings for 2 adults 2 kids, so i'll contact the hotel and report back
edit 2 found the original text (below)

Plunge pool, ocean view, glass floor, morning sunrise

Awarded ‘The Maldives Leading Water Villa Resort, 2016’ by the World Travel Awards, the Water Villa boasts a private sun deck with jetted plunge pool, outdoor furniture and steps leading into the turquoise lagoon below. The standout feature of this villa is the glass desk which is set over glass panels with views into the ocean below.

Guests can wake each morning to a sunrise view across the resort and spend the day snorkelling straight from the villa or simply sitting and relaxing in the ocean-view bath.

The Water Villa measures 86 sq. m./925 sq. ft. and sleeps 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. Parents must give their written consent for children under 12 to stay in over-water villas.

Last edited by englisha; Jan 6, 2018 at 12:03 am Reason: checked expedia and found original text
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by ironfire
thanks
They have IP-TV now with many many TV channels, so chances are good that you can watch it. I only saw 1 TV at the Rangali bar, but when it was on, it only showed soccer, as the Maledivian staff are all big soccer fans.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.