Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
“all 21 villas will be fully reimagined to include stylish new interiors and an overwater swimming pool”. This sounds promising!
Where did you see that? On their Facebook / Twitter page(s)?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
From the resort directly, we’re booked into a DBV so they were emailing to advise of the planned renovations as I had asked about them previously.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
They are redoing up and down the 200 range villas now. Oddly, several seem to be occupied. If I were them the noise would bother me, especially when the tile saws are running it can get loud. I heard them above the wind while getting into the water at the house reef. Erosion is pretty bad around 202 and above too.
I wonder how many villas there are in between the one(s) with the loud noise and the nearest occupied ones. I guess 3 or 4.

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I'm waiting for the first month of reports to come in before making a decision on the WA. Would suggest doing the same.
Definitely. There will be service issues aplenty I imagine.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:54 pm

We head out for our first visit July 20-30th. Our current return flight leaves on Qatar airways around 10:30am and arrives in Doha around 1:30pm. Award space just opened up to have a 6:30pm departure arriving in Doha around 9:30pm. Any thoughts on if we should switch or not? We’ve never been to Doha and would be nice to get a flavor of the city but we already have a 10 hour layover (4pm-2am) on the way there and signed up for the city tour. I have a hunch it will be hard to leave the Conrad that early in the morning and pass up another 6 hours at heh resort.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jamal06
We head out for our first visit July 20-30th. Our current return flight leaves on Qatar airways around 10:30am and arrives in Doha around 1:30pm. Award space just opened up to have a 6:30pm departure arriving in Doha around 9:30pm. Any thoughts on if we should switch or not? We’ve never been to Doha and would be nice to get a flavor of the city but we already have a 10 hour layover (4pm-2am) on the way there and signed up for the city tour. I have a hunch it will be hard to leave the Conrad that early in the morning and pass up another 6 hours at heh resort.
I took the later Qatar flight on my departure and the resort let me stay in my room till it was time to board the seaplane. I would take the later flight and enjoy the extra time on the property.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jamal06
It's probably the 100th time I've said it but what the hell, I'll say it again; "Take any chance you can get to maximise your time at the resort!"
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@MaldivesFreak any specific spots you'd like picture of the erosion? I've got some of in front of the 200 villas area. Rest of spots look fine and the higher 200 area seems like they put more sand in closer to Mandahoo. We are here on our last day but happy to take as time permits.

It was kind of hard to tell how many buffer villa between renovations and occupied villas, but I noticed one that seemed to be 2 away (guessing from the footwear outside the doors to mean occupied).
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
It's probably the 100th time I've said it but what the hell, I'll say it again; "Take any chance you can get to maximise your time at the resort!"
Did you stop counting at 100?? Over the years it's been ten times more, at least....
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by alp67
Did you stop counting at 100?? Over the years it's been ten times more, at least....
That last one did it for me, changed our tickets to the evening departure!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:38 am

Hello, how is the WiFi on rangali? I really am not interested in much besides streaming music
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:03 pm

Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
@MaldivesFreak any specific spots you'd like picture of the erosion? I've got some of in front of the 200 villas area. Rest of spots look fine and the higher 200 area seems like they put more sand in closer to Mandahoo. We are here on our last day but happy to take as time permits.

It was kind of hard to tell how many buffer villa between renovations and occupied villas, but I noticed one that seemed to be 2 away (guessing from the footwear outside the doors to mean occupied).
Sorry, just had time to jump on the forum now. I suppose you've already left but thanks anyway for the offer and thanks for taking the pics you've taken so far. Hope you had a great stay and look forward to the pics when you have the time to post them.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Jimwagner2
Hello, how is the WiFi on rangali? I really am not interested in much besides streaming music
Last trip in Easter was 100% occupancy with lots of kids and net was unusable. Couldn't use Facebook or google even. Had to use it between midnight and 6-7am
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:59 am

Thank you! Just started downloading a crap ton of music!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:36 pm

@Jimwagner2 Did you see my revised dining plan on the previous page?

And would you like some recommendations for music? I know it's very subjective but I've got some really good stuff that goes with a lot of what a trip to the Maldives has to offer, especially the seaplane ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.