Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
23.2% TBE.
Good thing this isn't the WA thread otherwise you would be ridiculed for calling out the .2%
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:10 pm

On the contrary. .2% on a $29 dollar egg is a substantial amount.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: VA, A3, HH, SQ, EK, CX
I am planning a return to Conrad Maldives Rangali in March 2020 after a great time in March 2017.
I am a HHonors Gold member and would be redeeming a 5 night stay.
I would be taking the SQ flight from MLE departing at 2325.
What can I expect on the day of check-out ?
Ie. what is the usual protocol regarding check-out and being able to stay on the island to enjoy the facilities?
Would I get to take the last sea plane out ?
My other option is to take the MI flight leaving at 1250... but if I could enjoy half a day more in paradise then that is preferable.

Thanks

Last edited by ozguytim; Jul 6, 2019 at 9:04 pm
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:34 pm

Hi @ozguytim
You will most likely be on the last seaplane or the second to last seaplane. We've taken SQ451 more than 5 times and we've always left on either of those seaplane flights. They will be around 5:30 to 6:30PM island time. You may get a late checkout and the use of your villa until 4 or 5PM (depending on what time the following guests that will be staying in your villa are arriving or whether it might be empty). Request this on arrival or, at the latest, a few days before you depart. You can do anything you like up until 1hr before the seaplane where they will require you to do checkout formalities and you may use the gym showers up until this time if you wish.
Don't take MI481 because, as you say, there's no point in cutting your stay in paradise short!
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:05 pm

Dining Help

Hi, I wanted to reach out and ask for help selecting some dining option for a trip my wife and I have booked in September. We will be staying from midday 6th thru midday 10th and are HH diamond. I’d love for someone to suggest a sample dining plan so that we can maximize our dining experiences. We definitely want to do the underwater restaurant and wine cellar at some point. The resort has also offered a 3 course dinner as this is our honeymoon. Thanks in advance for all of your advice.

we also have been quoted the following for upgrades. Does anyone have suggestions on choosing between the retreat and deluxe villas?

Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 107 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 230 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 310 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Last edited by Culvetr; Jul 7, 2019 at 3:09 pm Reason: Content
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:05 am

Hi there Culvetr.

Thanks for the upgrade prices. I'll add them to the wiki if necessary.
And I'd be happy to suggest something. How about the following (based on the opening times in this post);

Friday: Lunch at Rangali Bar, Degustation dinner at The Wine Cellar

Saturday; Ithaa for lunch, Champagne & Lobster for dinner (or Vilu if this is rained out)

Sunday: Dinner at Mandhoo or Vilu (or you could do both, doing Mandhoo for lunch (get up early and have a small breakfast) and Vilu for dinner if you didn't do Vilu on Saturday)

Monday: Congratulations Dinner (held only at Sunset Grill)

As you can see it's not so easy to fit everything in when you are only there for 4 nights. You could add Ufaa for lunch on Monday if you were keen to try something else and were OK with another early breakfast.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:34 pm

Anyone recall the price of hookah/shisha? I also wonder if they would be open to setting it up on a WV patio
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:45 pm

I understand the seaplane costs are not eligible for HH points, but is this still billed to your room or is it billed separately? If separately, what is it coded as? Tried searching here and couldn't find an answer.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
It's billed to your room bill. (And if you're lucky, it will generate HH points just as well.)
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I've been lucky the only two trips here. Heck, between Aspire upgrade, double points promo, Diamond multiplier, Aspire multiplier, spend at resort, I earned more points than I spent (5 night award).
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:35 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by sam_goh
I've been lucky the only two trips here. Heck, between Aspire upgrade, double points promo, Diamond multiplier, Aspire multiplier, spend at resort, I earned more points than I spent (5 night award).
Ha - I think its deliberate. You look at your points balance when you are leaving and the first thing you think is "Hey I have enough points to do this again!"..........and so begins the next round of planning
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:04 am
soy

Programs: various
Any of you bidding on the 4 night stay at the Muraka?

https://experiences.hiltonhonors.com...mode3=livebid&

Bidding is just under 1m pts at the moment
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
I just looked at it there - it’s not a Muraka stay, it’s a stay in a sunset WV and you get to have a tour of the Muraka and spend the day at it, not staying overnight in it.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by soy
Any of you bidding on the 4 night stay at the Muraka?

https://experiences.hiltonhonors.com...mode3=livebid&

Bidding is just under 1m pts at the moment
This is not a 4 night stay in the muraka but a tour of it and dinner there one night. The four night stay is in a sunset water villa. Definitely not worth 1m+ points for me.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by mikewhyatt

This is not a 4 night stay in the muraka but a tour of it and dinner there one night. The four night stay is in a sunset water villa. Definitely not worth 1m+ points for me.
Interesting to see how you value your HH points.
Alone the
4 x RT Seaplane 2360$
4 x Wine Cellar Dinner1400$++
4 x private Dinner at Muraka
have a value of 1m points for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.