Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by jtz
I was wondering if anyone who has recently been has pics of menus with prices? Rangali bar's menu can be seen online but no prices. And can't tell much from TA too.

Anyone going to be there Thursday 22nd - Tuesday 27th August?

Trying to plan my lunch/dinners and seeing the menus and prices would really help
I snapped these at Rangali bar last night. Dinner menu and lunch menu seem to be largely the same, except there seems to be a few less choices on the dinner menu. Our favorite on the menu was the papaya salad with grilled chicken.
I’ve never posted pics here before, so apologies if they don’t display correctly.

Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt

There hasn‘t been any prior notice of moskito fogging the last few times we stayed there...
But we didn’t find it too bad when they fogged.
Better than being bitten all the time, as we experienced in other resorts.
We are on our 10th day here and haven’t seen any notice of spraying. Upon check-in our host did say they spray for mosquitos everyday but wasn’t clear if they spray all areas everyday or on some sort of rotation around the islands. Actually, we just ran into the guys spraying as they were coming across the bridge to the main island. They were wearing dark blue t-shirts and had a backpack and blower for spraying the insecticide. Most of the main staff wears white and I’ve noticed there have been landscape contractors wearing green shirts, so I assume the insect sprayers are an outside vendor. If you don’t want to be near it, steer clear
of the guys in dark blue shirts.

Last edited by Jamal06; Jul 29, 2019 at 6:25 am
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:04 pm

Is it still recommended to reach out to the hotel about 60 days prior to arrival for paid upgrades?

Also, when does the hotel typically reach out to you regarding the seaplane transfer?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by dcht
Is it still recommended to reach out to the hotel about 60 days prior to arrival for paid upgrades?
For paid upgrades, reach out when you like. I had mine confirmed 6 months out this time.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jamal06
Actually, we just ran into the guys spraying as they were coming across the bridge to the main island. They were wearing dark blue t-shirts and had a backpack and blower for spraying the insecticide. Most of the main staff wears white and I’ve noticed there have been landscape contractors wearing green shirts, so I assume the insect sprayers are an outside vendor.
Everybody is in-house. The blue shirts signify the engineering department.

Originally Posted by jtz
Still looking for menu prices, but I found the menus for those that wanted to see them. Most do not have pricing though...

I emailed Conrad too and this was their reply:

Unfortunately, due to the huge file size, we are unable to send the menu.
Sounds like bollocks. I just had a look at the 17 menus (English and Chinese, 2013, 2014, 2015 etc) that I have on my HDD and they come to 8.5MB in total. Compressed, only 6.5MB. Judging by the Rangali Bar menu posted above which has no pics, half of them are still only hundreds of kilobytes in size. Most email providers like Hotmail, Yahoo, Google etc set maximum attachment sizes to 20-30MB or thereabouts so there'e no excuse for them not to send. You got the brush-off. If you want the menus from last year I can send you them. PM me your email.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jul 29, 2019 at 3:16 pm
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by freeloader
is the general consensus that the fisherman's bbq is a better event to attend then Maldivian night? we are planning on doing one beach dinner and are having trouble deciding btw the two
Well, Maldivian Night has changed considerably and is now a much more private affair on the deck of The Quiet Zone pool. A much harder decision..... If I were you and had time I'd do both, but hey, you probably knew I was going to say that. If I had to make a choice between the two I'd base it on
a) whether you'd want to be on the beach and have sand at your feet
b) whether the number of other people at the Fisherman's BBQ (there can, at times, be more than 60) would make it not private enough and sway you towards the more private Maldivian Night with its maximum of 10 tables and less than half the number of people
c) then, of course, you have the 5-course set menu with Maldivian Night as opposed to the full buffet at the Fisherman's BBQ to consider
Decisions, decisions!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by soy
Any of you bidding on the 4 night stay at the Muraka?

https://experiences.hiltonhonors.com...mode3=livebid&

Bidding is just under 1m pts at the moment
Bidding ended at 2.9 million points today, an equivalent of $14.5k in my account.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by goliath
Bidding ended at 2.9 million points today, an equivalent of $14.5k in my account.
There was one a few years ago for (I think) 7 nights in, I think, a RWV with a lot of food and drink and activities and it went for 1.3m. The only reason I didn't bid was because there was no mention of sea plane transfers. It was won by an FTer who confirmed the transfers were included.

Given this is the Muraka, it seems like a steal at 2.9m. Though at those levels I imagine those with the balances to be able to bid are fairly few... and those who know, or who are bothered, about the auctions are even fewer.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Given this is the Muraka, it seems like a steal at 2.9m.
The winners only get to use the Muraka for one day / zero nights. All nights are spent in a Sunset Water Villa. @:-)
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:59 pm

The winners only get to use the Muraka for one day / zero nights. All nights are spent in a Sunset Water Villa. @:-)
Oh. Well then if your calculation of $14k is correct, and the winner was planning to spend that anyway, it's a return of 0.5p per point. Not world shattering.

BUT, if you're sat on millions of unused points I guess it makes sense.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:10 pm

The $ 14.5k was my calculated value if the 2.9m points spent, not the calculated / perceived value of the package sold.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Well or 38 standard award nights here, or 30 nights over at the Waldorf Astoria hmmmmm
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:19 pm

The $ 14.5k was my calculated value if the 2.9m points spent, not the calculated / perceived value of the package sold.
I've totally missed all of this!

In that case the value of the points is subjective. Since moving to Marriott and maintaining my Hilton status via airline status, points are a lot more valuable to me that they would have been a few years ago. 2.9m points would likely have more value than that to me, based on redemptions in Dubai during half term I'd otherwise have to pay cash for.

Whereas if the winner is say on 10m+ points it's an irrelevant amount. This auction, with the sheer number of points involved, is quite a good example of why it's so difficult to value points.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Well or 38 standard award nights here, or 30 nights over at the Waldorf Astoria hmmmmm
40 nights at Rangali, actuallly.
40 x 72k = 2.88m
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:45 am

When you accept an upgrade offer (e.g. WV to SWV) how does your reservation change? I read here that it becomes non-refundable? Does the SRP/rate code change at all on your reservation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.