Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Hahaha!!!! Love it!! I just wish your stay coincided with MaldivesFreak’s stay
Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak

Thanks. We will be doing this on our upcoming 30-night stay. Presumably they take you into a part of the Atoll Market kitchen to do the lesson? Or is it held somewhere else? And what time(s) of the day are they able to do it? An additional info you have would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Ours was at 2 PM at Atoll. I got the sense that was the only time they could do it because it was a downtime in between lunch and dinner. This is not published anywhere, just something you need to ask your host about.

BTW, others have written about this as well, but if you go to the Diamond Reception on Wednesday, try to meet Mark, the Chief Engineer. A great guy, but he also arranged a free tour of the employee island for us - specifically all of the electrical/water processing. It was really cool.....
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Splotly
Anyone at Conrad literally right now this week? Keen to know what the water visibility is like there - were on the island next door (Mirihi) and it’s as clear as I’ve ever seen it in the Maldives (which is particularly odd as it’s pretty windy and wavy). So just trying to gauge whether the visibility is an island by island thing and luck or whether it just terrific everywhere right now.

Also noticed the corals are starting to come back. Still 99%+ dead here but for the first time in years I’ve seen new ones of the old corals there used to be years ago - ie isolated clumps (football sizes) of the bright blue ones and red ones and a few of the larger yellows. Any signs of new ones at Conrad too? (I’m not back at Conrad until Xmas this year so hopeful there might be one or two there by then as well.)
Here now. Visibility is outstanding, and we have seen a few pieces of live coral here and there. Exciting...and hopeful that the reef may be able to fully come back one day.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
As soon as he posts the dates of his stay, we will book ours accordingly.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Agreed, very nice guy.

Originally Posted by Bcacho
BTW, others have written about this as well, but if you go to the Diamond Reception on Wednesday, try to meet Mark, the Chief Engineer. A great guy, but he also arranged a free tour of the employee island for us - specifically all of the electrical/water processing. It was really cool.....
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:30 am

Here are some ideas / tips:
* I can suggest the Fisherman's BBQ on Wednesday evening or maybe the Private Beach Dining (they have a vegetarian option at only $250++ I believe, but it may have gone up a little) or Atoll Market as an alternative if they are rained out
* Remember that you'll have to ask for the Cheese Fondue to be held on the Sunday (as it's usually only held on Mondays and Saturdays)
* How about lunch at The Quiet Zone on your last day. Fantastic views to finish off a great holiday in paradise
* Maybe swap Saturday and Sunday dinners around, putting Sunset Grill on your last night - ditto the above comment about finishing off your holiday in style. Maybe this wouldn't suit as you may want to do the Honeymoon Dinner on the Saturday for your own reasons

And don't worry too much about limited options. As you can see from the reviews over on TA there are quite a few comments where reviewers mention that they accommodate vegetarians very well. Let them know beforehand as they will have some suggestions / alternative dishes that you could choose from over the course of your stay.
Thank you! Great suggestions!
- For the private beach dining does the $250++ per person incl alcohol?
- I like the idea of The Quiet Zone for lunch on Monday, will add that in!
- For Sunset Grill, I had included it on Saturday just in case we get rained out!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
one more quick q about the managers reception... is there any food provided? we were thinking of doing a beach dinner that night, but would swap to something lighter (and do a beach dinner on a day we'd be more hungry) if we'd had eaten at the managers reception.

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Just very few and very small bites (at least every time we went, last time in October last year), nothing to fill you stomach.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:29 am

We saw a wine cork on the room service menu for $20. Is that the only way to open a bottle in the room? Lol
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:31 pm

[QUOTE=MaldivesFreak;31377752]Hi bobcat745.

1. Not really (see elite benefits list in the wiki)
2. There is storage at Male airport. Link is in the wiki
3. Links to villa selection are in the wiki

Hi Maldivefreak:
thanks for the response. I looked at the villa selection and it said 330 and corner WV. Are those the ones you high lighted? (312, 315 and 301)
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
Unicorn test drive at home today in preparation for the next trip to Rangali

Seriously lacking safety warnings, those inflatables! I think they should have printed them on both sides and on both the front and backs of the necks, too. Oh, and on the nose!

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Noooo!
Originally Posted by goliath
As soon as he posts the dates of his stay, we will book ours accordingly.
Nooooooooooooo!!

MF thinks of a way he can get his blowdart through customs.....
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by bobcat745
Hi Maldivefreak:
thanks for the response. I looked at the villa selection and it said 330 and corner WV. Are those the ones you high lighted? (312, 315 and 301)
Yes, the red circles are mine.

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Thank you! Great suggestions!
- For the private beach dining does the $250++ per person incl alcohol?
- I like the idea of The Quiet Zone for lunch on Monday, will add that in!
- For Sunset Grill, I had included it on Saturday just in case we get rained out!
There are no drinks included in any of the special beach dinners except champagne at the Lobster & Champagne dinner on Saturdays and Fisherman's BBQ on Wednesdays.
I would most definitely include Sunset Grill if I were you, especially if you haven't been to Rangali before.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 6, 2019 at 5:29 am Reason: Blunder corrected!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:56 pm

Did anyone hire a photographer/videographer for wedding/pre-wedding photos/videos?
Anything we should bear in mind? Any recommendation? (feel free to PM)

I saw some old post saying there is free service but not sure if the service will still exist.
Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Yes, the red circles are mine.

There are no drinks included in any of the special beach dinners except champagne at the Lobster & Champagne dinner on Saturdays.
I would most definitely include Sunset Grill if I were you, especially if you haven't been to Rangali before.
Drinks are included at the fisherman’s bbq dinner.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:27 am

Oops, what was I thinking. Shame on us, the non-alcohol drinkers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.