Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:28 am

The BVs (which are all newly renovated) now sleep 3 adults and 1 child and this would apply to your family.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, IHG
RWV Renovations?

Does anyone know what renovations/refurbishments are planned for the Retreat Water Villa from 15 Oct - 20 Dec 2019?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Jamal06

Looks great! Where did you have it at? We arrived yesterday and with Vilu closed (supposedly through July), will need to figure out a new plan for dinner tonight.
we requested the chocolate fondant 24-36 hours prior to dinner. We had the chocolate fondant at Mandhoo.

think there might be an effort to have it put back on dessert menu .... especially if there are a few more requests ...Pineapple- did you order the fondant ? MaldivesFreak ... I forewarned CR that a long stay guest will be order choc fondant later this year 😀
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by B7Bombers
Does anyone know what renovations/refurbishments are planned for the Retreat Water Villa from 15 Oct - 20 Dec 2019?
so take this with a grain of salt - not sure of accuracy ...just relaying some of what we were told and heard etc

Some retreat villas will have the spa workout room converted to more of a living room, others will remain family retreats with the extra bedroom. Also were told that the spa/ jacuzzis will be removed and pools will be built

as for the Deluxe Beachfront 200’s, there is a load of work/ renovations going on ..,the east DBV are essentially gutted. Some of the DBV will have a second bedroom where the day bed/outdoor tub area was ...this will allow for access to bathroom for both main villa and second bedroom of DBV. This is in an effort to accommodate families etc

next spring ? Maybe after Easter? The small island will be closed ... the east side water villas removed... and supposedly all the west side villas removed. They want to construct larger more spacious villas and perhaps? In a different layout ...instead of parallel to beach maybe piers/ extending out into water with villas off of them ...I don’t not know if straight, circular or triangular...personally I really like the current layout of those overwater villas ... the small island renovation allegedly will close the island and there construction crews will work 24/7 to expedite renovations and get that island back up and running

Supposedly some renovations to sunset villas but maybe just cosmetic

again, I have no clue how true/accurate any of the above is

We had 2 superior villas. Had a tour of a renovated DBV -(126) very nice but we prefer over water

also we were offered and took a tour of Muraka ... understandably, no photos allowed ...it is very impressive.

As a multi time repeater (for what that’s worth), we had a fantastic stay. Staff was beyond terrific. I’ll try to post a review after we return from trip.

Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
llfoster - thanks very much and look forward to your report. Heard the same thing about the RWVs. And I would highly recommend the Muraka tour. Christoph, FB Manager, was kind enough to show us around. As noted, no photos.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Are there any semi-recent menus of the restaurants? i am returning with some other couples in a few months and wanted to send them some of the menus not necessarily for prices but for just what restaurants serve what food so we can plan our meals... i think maldivesfreak posted some menus at one time - but i couldn't find them!

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:57 pm

any recommendations on cruise? We (me and wife) want to do one of them but just not sure which one. I saw 2015 price list which had luxury sunset cruise at 160pp, sunset cruise on rangali raani at 250pp, luxury lucky dolphin cruise at 140pp. Are these still accurate?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jkm99
any recommendations on cruise? We (me and wife) want to do one of them but just not sure which one. I saw 2015 price list which had luxury sunset cruise at 160pp, sunset cruise on rangali raani at 250pp, luxury lucky dolphin cruise at 140pp. Are these still accurate?
The planner I received in June 2019 has those same prices.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by freeloader
Are there any semi-recent menus of the restaurants? i am returning with some other couples in a few months and wanted to send them some of the menus not necessarily for prices but for just what restaurants serve what food so we can plan our meals... i think maldivesfreak posted some menus at one time - but i couldn't find them!

Thanks!
The menus are on the website.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:01 am

Artemio - interesting you mention the insecticide. I thought they fogged a lot during our stay, there was so much smoke when they were doing it. Is that normal, the amount they would fog? CR regulars - did you notice it much on your previous stays?

llfoster - we got the Vilu choc fondant in sunset grill! We arranged it with Shark a day or two before
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Artemio - interesting you mention the insecticide. I thought they fogged a lot during our stay, there was so much smoke when they were doing it. Is that normal, the amount they would fog? CR regulars - did you notice it much on your previous stays?

llfoster - we got the Vilu choc fondant in sunset grill! We arranged it with Shark a day or two before
Can't speak in terms of the CR specifically, but I have been to other resorts around the world where this is common practice. Usually tons of smoke to get into all the crevices of the foliage where the mosquitoes hide out.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:21 am

The menus are on the website.
Are they all there now?

When we did see it there was a lot. It's perfectly normal at Rangali and for the reason @mikewhyatt has pointed out. Best to ask when they are going to do it or you can go by the notices they put in the rooms before they do it. I think they give 2 days notice before each spraying

Yes, Shark is the man to go to when you want one. And I really think they should put it back on the menu. Are you listening, Rangali?!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Are they all there now?

When we did see it there was a lot. It's perfectly normal at Rangali and for the reason @mikewhyatt has pointed out. Best to ask when they are going to do it or you can go by the notices they put in the rooms before they do it. I think they give 2 days notice before each spraying

Yes, Shark is the man to go to when you want one. And I really think they should put it back on the menu. Are you listening, Rangali?!
Shark is great! They give notice for spraying? They don’t anymore ... we never once got notice when we were there and they sprayed a number of times over the space of 2 weeks. They also seemed to be using different types of spraying - one type was where the entire place would be covered in grey smoke and then another type which was low lying and didn’t create much smoke. I would have preferred if we had been given a heads up over it by them as to when they’d be spraying. We got a minute or two warning when it was happening as we could hear it.

Re menus - I thought they were all there. I might be mistaken!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Are they all there now?

During my 2 stays (SR and CR), I probably saw it every other day. Twice, they did it in a quiet intense way (2 blowers and I would say in a higher debit mode) and those 2 times happened in the next morning after a rainy night. Had no 2 days notice, they just stop blowing when you want to walk by (let’s say something like a minimal distance of 15-20 meter).
On a small talk I had with a worker, it seemed that on his home island they don’t blow as it is done on the resort and that there the mosquitos are pretty bad right now. Not sure though I understood it correctly since didn’t get every word he mentioned.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I can’t decide whether my reaction to the news they’re destroying the SWV’s is to want to go back before it happens or whether I am happy that next time I go back it will be different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.