Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:01 am

I arranged a paid upgrade 9 months out, booked in April and our stay is in January 2020. The reservation reflects the upgraded room (water villa to Superior water villa) .

The cancellation policy appears the same, about 3 weeks out. Definitely still refundable points.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone managed to Transfer between Conrad and the W Maldives? I have stays in each and I have tried to reach out to the hotels but so far no reply, but just wondering if anyone has done it, how much was it? and was there any issues? I will be doing the first 5 nights at Conrad and the second 5 at W Maldives iA.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Has anyone managed to Transfer between Conrad and the W Maldives? I have stays in each and I have tried to reach out to the hotels but so far no reply, but just wondering if anyone has done it, how much was it? and was there any issues? I will be doing the first 5 nights at Conrad and the second 5 at W Maldives iA.
cheapest option is usually to fly back to Male... will be private charter if you want to go straight from Conrad to W.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:29 pm

I think I saw $8000USD on the other thread for a quote for this? If there were a full plane it might be worth it.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
cheapest option is usually to fly back to Male... will be private charter if you want to go straight from Conrad to W.
Originally Posted by Cynicor
I think I saw $8000USD on the other thread for a quote for this? If there were a full plane it might be worth it.
Don‘t be fooled.
Wait for a quote from both hotels. It will be about 800-1000$ for an oneway speedboat transfer by hotelboat.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by jtz
Also, any specific recommendations you have for each night's stay from Thursday 22nd August to Tuesday 27th.
We wouldn't go for the wine cellar as we don't drink, but would love your advice on the best places to eat for each day!
Thanks
jtz
Sure. I can recommend the following;

Thursday: Lunch at Rangali Bar (if you get there in time for lunch or a late lunch), dinner at Mandhoo

Friday: Lunch at Ithaa*, dinner at Vilu

Saturday: Champagne & Lobster beach dinner. If this is rained out, I suggest Cheese & Tapas** or the Cheese Fondue (normally held on Saturdays) at the Cheese & Wine Bar. Let them know your second choice when you arrive to give them time to prepare / book if necessary

Sunday: Sunset Grill

Monday: Maldivian Infinity Dinner***. If this is rained out, I suggest either Ufaa if you are keen on trying some Chinese or the buffet dinner at Atoll Market

* If you would rather do dinner at Ithaa, then book it for Thursday and do lunch at Mandhoo on Friday
** Will need to be pre-arranged / pre-approved as this is usually on Wednesdays and Sundays only, but they can be flexible if requested and there are no conflicts. Note that if you want to do this, you won't be able to do it at the Cheese & Wine Bar if there are bookings there for the Cheese Fondue on that night (as it's held there on Saturdays and they might already have bookings). If there happen to be bookings at the Cheese & Wine Bar they may agree to hold it at The Wine Cellar over on Rangali Island if there isn't anyone dining there
*** If you aren't keen on doing this, swap the last two nights around, i.e; move Sunset Grill to the last night (Monday) and Ufaa or Atoll Market on Sunday. Finishing off the stay with dinner at Sunset Grill is preferable, hence my recommendation
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by goliath
40 nights at Rangali, actuallly.
40 x 72k = 2.88m
Even if I had double what I'm going to blow on our 30-night stay, there's no way I'd redeem it for a measly 4 nights in a SunWV and dinner in the Muraka. Instead I'd extend the stay to 60 nights. Heh.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 1, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:54 am

Does anyone know if you need to book a spa treatment to use the hot tub at the overwater spa?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Sure. I can recommend the following;

Thursday: Lunch at Rangali Bar (if you get there in time for lunch or a late lunch), dinner at Mandhoo

Friday: Lunch at Ithaa*, dinner at Vilu

Saturday: Champagne & Lobster beach dinner. If this is rained out, I suggest Cheese & Tapas** or the Cheese Fondue (normally held on Saturdays) at the Cheese & Wine Bar. Let them know your second choice when you arrive to give them time to prepare / book if necessary

Sunday: Sunset Grill

Monday: Maldivian Infinity Dinner***. If this is rained out, I suggest either Ufaa if you are keen on trying some Chinese or the buffet dinner at Atoll Market

* If you would rather do dinner at Ithaa, then book it for Thursday and do lunch at Mandhoo on Friday
** Will need to be pre-arranged / pre-approved as this is usually on Wednesdays and Sundays only, but they can be flexible if requested and there are no conflicts. Note that if you want to do this, you won't be able to do it at the Cheese & Wine Bar if there are bookings there for the Cheese Fondue on that night (as it's held there on Saturdays and they might already have bookings). If there happen to be bookings at the Cheese & Wine Bar they may agree to hold it at The Wine Cellar over on Rangali Island if there isn't anyone dining there
*** If you aren't keen on doing this, swap the last two nights around, i.e; move Sunset Grill to the last night (Monday) and Ufaa or Atoll Market on Sunday. Finishing off the stay with dinner at Sunset Grill is preferable, hence my recommendation
I just returned yesterday and a couple of notes. Vilu was still closed and in speaking to some folks, they expect it to be closed until about August 15th. Maldivian night was not available during our stay but I didn’t get a sense of when it might return. Also, I attended the Fisherman’s BBQ but did not realize until a saw a sign a few days later that if you do the fisherman’s BBQ, they offer you half price on drink before and after at Rangali bar. I didn’t see the same sign with a similar offer for the champagne and lobster dinner. Since it’s free flowing wine at the BBQ, you would need to be ready for a pretty big night of drinking to take much advantage of it.

If your a diamond and planning on eating lunch, don’t forget their is 20% off of lunch at Ufaa and Mandhoo.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hilton
Good evening,

Long time lurker for 8 months or so. Have a 5 night points stay booked for the end of October for Monday through Saturday. We are staying Sunday night in Male at H78 after our Cathay Flight from HK. Since we are waking up in Male, when will our flight most likely be? Our flight out of Male is late at night, will we get to hang out at the resort most of the day?

We are booked into the Overwater Villa but will most likely upgrade the first 2 nights to the Deluxe Beach Villa and the last 3 nights in the Overwater villa.

The dinner dining schedule i have partially scheduled is as follows, is there anything wrong or we are missing?

Monday: Maldivian Night (If they are having it still)
Tuesday: Private Beach Dinner (Any best spot to request?)
Wednesday: Fisherman's BBQ
Thursday: Ithaa Undersea
Friday: KoKo 10 Course Dinner

Thanks for all of the information Freak and everyone else. We are so excited to go for our first time.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by EclipzoR
Good evening,

Long time lurker for 8 months or so. Have a 5 night points stay booked for the end of October for Monday through Saturday. We are staying Sunday night in Male at H78 after our Cathay Flight from HK. Since we are waking up in Male, when will our flight most likely be? Our flight out of Male is late at night, will we get to hang out at the resort most of the day?
Hi EclipzoR and welcome to FlyerTalk. The info you are looking for is linked to in the wiki which is at the top of this thread.

The dinner dining schedule i have partially scheduled is as follows, is there anything wrong or we are missing?

Monday: Maldivian Night (If they are having it still)
Tuesday: Private Beach Dinner (Any best spot to request?)
Wednesday: Fisherman's BBQ
Thursday: Ithaa Undersea
Friday: KoKo 10 Course Dinner
Looks good. A couple of suggestions if I may;
1a. You might want to avoid putting two beach dinners on consecutive nights. Splitting them up will have more of a 'Wow effect' (for most people that is). Furthermore, one of the locations for the Private Beach Dinner is the same location of the Fisherman's BBQ (the Deluxe Water Villa beach) so you might end up having two beach dinners at the very same spot on consecutive nights. Ideally you want to break things up a little for variety
1b. The other location for the Private Beach Dinner, if available, is the Sunset Water Villa beach (northern tip of Rangali Island) This one will be more private by far
2. You can free up a dinner slot for the other must-do venue, Sunset Grill, by having lunch at Ithaa rather than dinner
3. Have alternative choices prepared for your beach dinners because they can be cancelled due to rain or high winds. And cancellation is more common than you'd think

Thanks for all of the information Freak and everyone else. We are so excited to go for our first time.
Call me MaldivesFreak, rather than just Freak, thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jamal06
I just returned yesterday and a couple of notes. Vilu was still closed and in speaking to some folks, they expect it to be closed until about August 15th. Maldivian night was not available during our stay but I didn’t get a sense of when it might return. Also, I attended the Fisherman’s BBQ but did not realize until a saw a sign a few days later that if you do the fisherman’s BBQ, they offer you half price on drink before and after at Rangali bar. I didn’t see the same sign with a similar offer for the champagne and lobster dinner. Since it’s free flowing wine at the BBQ, you would need to be ready for a pretty big night of drinking to take much advantage of it.

If your a diamond and planning on eating lunch, don’t forget their is 20% off of lunch at Ufaa and Mandhoo.
Thanks for the DPs. I'll edit the wiki.

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
Does anyone know if you need to book a spa treatment to use the hot tub at the overwater spa?
Yes, you do. It's definitely not a public pool.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by goliath
40 nights at Rangali, actuallly.
40 x 72k = 2.88m
Not that it means anything in particular to me (won't be staying there for that long, unfortunately), but how did you get that figure?
Isn't it 76k per night with the 5th night free or did you calculate other stuff (e.g. free night certificates) as well.

Last edited by alp67; Aug 2, 2019 at 7:00 am
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:58 am

BTW, for all heading over there from Europe (not so sure it's suitable for others ), Etihad has a rather decent business class sale running from BUD via AUH to MLE for ~ € 1'500. Not only that, if you pick the right dates, no overnight in AUH needed and it has the perfect timing as well - arriving MLE 6.15 am and departing 8.30 pm.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:15 am

There is indeed a problem with the math. @goliath must have been half asleep.....or he's not telling us the secret of how to get the 76k down to 72k per night.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.