Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
You are right, my bad. It is 76k per night.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:22 pm

Hi all,

More menu help needed now that everyone is asking! I am vegetarian my fiance eats chicken so we are somewhat limited in our dining options -- so any help is greatly appreciated! My stay is coming up (and wedding) so I have been looking over trying to get this ironed out!

Format:
Date -- Lunch Restaurant -- Dinner Restaurant
Wednesday 8/28 -- Rangali Bar -- [Empty]
Thursday 8/29 -- [Empty] -- Mandhoo
Friday 8/30 -- Ithaa -- Vulu
Saturday 8/31 -- Mandhoo -- Sunset Grill (Honeymoon Perk)
Sunday 9/1 -- Ufaa -- Cheese Fondue
Monday 9/2 -- [Empty] -- No dinner flying out

Last edited by mikewhyatt; Aug 2, 2019 at 12:29 pm
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Hey all, in the 4th night of an 8 night stay. The usual awesome service. First time coming in August and haven’t had a lick of rain yet....actually saw way more rain during our November visit amusingly. Thanks to Goliath for telling me to give August a try. Did the whaleshark snorkel today and got a great (albeit crowded) up-close look. Also saw some mantas up close. Though this is only my second time here, I am always amazed by the phenomenal service. I can confirm that Vilu is still closed and not coming back until at least mid-August. Also, Maldivian night is still on hiatus with no return date yet. Ms. Cacho was craving Maldivian food though, so requested a private cooking lesson with the chef. We actually cooked both fish and chicken curry with the chef and then ate them in the Rangali Bar with multiple (included) sides like rice and salad. Remarkably, the whole experience (including eating the food) was only $120 (for the two of us and 14 year old son, set drinks were extra). Phenomenal experience and phenomenal price.

Went to the diamond happy hour with management and were told that that all spa retreat villas are closing shortly. Even number villas will be redone as Family villas and the spa will be replaced by a pool. Odd numbers will keep their spa and just get a facelift (maintaining the spa room).

That is all I have gleaned so far.

Last edited by Bcacho; Aug 4, 2019 at 5:50 am
Old Aug 3, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bcacho
Hey all, in the 4th night of an 8 night stay. The usual awesome service. First time coming in August and haven’t had a lick of rain yet....actually saw way more rain during our November visit amusingly. Thanks to Goliath for telling me to give August a try. Did the whaleshark snorkel today and got a great (albeit crowded) up-close look. Also saw some mantas up close. Though this is only my second time here, I am always amazed by the phenomenal service. I can confirm that Vilu is still closed and not coming back until at least mid-August. Also, Maldivian night is still on hiatus with no return date yet. Ms. Cacho was craving Maldivian food though, so requested a private cooking lesson with the chef. We actually cooked both fish and chicken curry with the chef and then ate them in the Rangali Bar with multiple (included) sides like rice and salad. Remarkably, the whole experience (including eating the food) was only $120 (for the two of us and 14 year old son, set drinks were extra). Phenomenal experience and phenomenal price.

Went to the diamond happy hour with management and were told that that all spa retreat villas are closing shortly. Even number villa swill be redone as Family villas and the spa will be replaced by a pool. Odd numbers will keep their spa and just get a facelift (maintaining the spa room).

great stuff!

What day is the diamond happy hour?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Hi all,

More menu help needed now that everyone is asking! I am vegetarian my fiance eats chicken so we are somewhat limited in our dining options -- so any help is greatly appreciated! My stay is coming up (and wedding) so I have been looking over trying to get this ironed out!

Format:
Date -- Lunch Restaurant -- Dinner Restaurant
Wednesday 8/28 -- Rangali Bar -- [Empty]
Thursday 8/29 -- [Empty] -- Mandhoo
Friday 8/30 -- Ithaa -- Vulu
Saturday 8/31 -- Mandhoo -- Sunset Grill (Honeymoon Perk)
Sunday 9/1 -- Ufaa -- Cheese Fondue
Monday 9/2 -- [Empty] -- No dinner flying out
Here are some ideas / tips:
* I can suggest the Fisherman's BBQ on Wednesday evening or maybe the Private Beach Dining (they have a vegetarian option at only $250++ I believe, but it may have gone up a little) or Atoll Market as an alternative if they are rained out
* Remember that you'll have to ask for the Cheese Fondue to be held on the Sunday (as it's usually only held on Mondays and Saturdays)
* How about lunch at The Quiet Zone on your last day. Fantastic views to finish off a great holiday in paradise
* Maybe swap Saturday and Sunday dinners around, putting Sunset Grill on your last night - ditto the above comment about finishing off your holiday in style. Maybe this wouldn't suit as you may want to do the Honeymoon Dinner on the Saturday for your own reasons

And don't worry too much about limited options. As you can see from the reviews over on TA there are quite a few comments where reviewers mention that they accommodate vegetarians very well. Let them know beforehand as they will have some suggestions / alternative dishes that you could choose from over the course of your stay.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 3, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:52 pm

Went to the diamond happy hour with management and were told that that all spa retreat villas are closing shortly. Even number villa swill be redone as Family villas and the spa will be replaced by a pool. Odd numbers will keep their spa and just get a facelift (maintaining the spa room).

Thanks. I will add a link to this post into the wiki. Just to confirm, was the $120 inclusive of taxes or exclusive?

Originally Posted by freeloader
What day is the diamond happy hour?
The Manager's Reception used to be on a Tuesday but it's now on a Wednesday.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:45 pm

Hi All:

I am planning my 1st trip to Conrad and have a couple of questions.

1) Is it worth it to get a Aspire card (diamond) for the trip? It doesn't look like diamond has much more benefit than Gold Is what I have. I use a chase card for the spending otherwise.
2) I am going there from SIN. Is there a cost effective storage at the SIN airport? or should I just pay the $5/kg for the transfer?
3) I see that sunset water villa is preferred, any specific one that's better?

I did look at the threat but couldn't find the exact questions. sorry if these were answered before.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:19 pm

Hi Team,We plan to stay in Conrad for 3 nights but we wanted to experience other islands as well in between. Has anybody here have experience or arranged similar routes below?
TIA!
- Arrive in Male
- Fly domestic FlyMe Airlines to Maamigili local Island (one way)
- Stay 2 nights on local island resort/hostel
- Arrange Boat Ride from Maamigili to Conrad
- Stay 2 nights in Conrad Rangali
- Arrange Seaplane from Conrad to Male (one way)
Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Has anyone managed to Transfer between Conrad and the W Maldives? I have stays in each and I have tried to reach out to the hotels but so far no reply, but just wondering if anyone has done it, how much was it? and was there any issues? I will be doing the first 5 nights at Conrad and the second 5 at W Maldives iA.
Further to my post, I have been quoted this by W Maldives if anyone is planning anything similar for me and the wife and Baby -

Arrival by Private Speed Boat from Conrad Maldives = USD 1232 inclusive of taxes per way

Departure by Shared Seaplane transfer = USD 252.50 per person ( USD 505.00 per couple )

Total = USD 1737.00 ( USD 1232.00 + 505.00

I have been quoted the following by the Conrad -
One arrival transfer by seaplane cost is USD 295 per adult and USD 147.50 per child (295 + 295 + 147.50 = USD 737.50)

Departure transfer by speed boat to W Maldives cost is USD 985.60 for 2 adults and 1 child

737.50 + 985.60 = 1723.10

Total for the transfer USD 1723.10

Total = USD 1737.00 ( USD 1232.00 + 505.00 )

Last edited by AbuCordoba; Aug 4, 2019 at 1:58 pm Reason: More information
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by dinoan
Hi Team,We plan to stay in Conrad for 3 nights but we wanted to experience other islands as well in between. Has anybody here have experience or arranged similar routes below?
TIA!
- Arrive in Male
- Fly domestic FlyMe Airlines to Maamigili local Island (one way)
- Stay 2 nights on local island resort/hostel
- Arrange Boat Ride from Maamigili to Conrad
- Stay 2 nights in Conrad Rangali
- Arrange Seaplane from Conrad to Male (one way)
Thanks!
Hi, no problem to do this. If you know where to stay at Maamigili, ask you local host to arrange all the transfers ( domestic flight and transfer to Conrad).
Especially boat transfer to Conrad will be much cheaper arranged by a local boat company than Conrad picking you up.
We haven’t stayed there overnight, but used the boat transfer to travel between 2 Hotels offered by Shamar Guesthouse &Dive ( https://sha-mar.com/en/ )
Instead of a simple one-way transfer they can also arrange the boat transfer including some whale shark or manta snorkeling...
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Cooking Session

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thanks. I will add a link to this post into the wiki. Just to confirm, was the $120 inclusive of taxes or exclusive?
MF - it was exclusive of taxes, but still a pretty darn good deal in my book.

Last edited by Bcacho; Aug 5, 2019 at 6:00 am
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by bobcat745
Hi All:

I am planning my 1st trip to Conrad and have a couple of questions.

1) Is it worth it to get a Aspire card (diamond) for the trip? It doesn't look like diamond has much more benefit than Gold Is what I have. I use a chase card for the spending otherwise.
2) I am going there from SIN. Is there a cost effective storage at the SIN airport? or should I just pay the $5/kg for the transfer?
3) I see that sunset water villa is preferred, any specific one that's better?

I did look at the threat but couldn't find the exact questions. sorry if these were answered before.
Hi bobcat745.

1. Not really (see elite benefits list in the wiki)
2. There is storage at Male airport. Link is in the wiki
3. Links to villa selection are in the wiki

MF - it was exclusive of taxes, but still a pretty darn good deal in my book.
Thanks. We will be doing this on our upcoming 30-night stay. Presumably they take you into a part of the Atoll Market kitchen to do the lesson? Or is it held somewhere else? And what time(s) of the day are they able to do it? An additional info you have would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I’m embarrassed to admit but I normally don’t take the time to post reviews, but I felt compelled to write about a recent visit to the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island. My family of three visited the Conrad Maldives for a 7-night stay in July, with stays in Bangkok on both the front and back ends. As loyal Hilton guests we have been on a mission to visit the best properties in their system. This includes 15 visits to the Grand Wailea in Maui over the past decade, a trip last summer to the Conrad Koh Samui, and stays at Conrad hotels all over Asia in recent years.

Even though it was halfway around the world from our home in Chicago, the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island was incredible. To start, the location in the South Ari Atoll in the Indian Ocean was gorgeous. With picturesque views more beautiful than the default wallpaper offered in the library on your laptop. And the weather was perfect with no rain all week.

We split our stay and upgraded to a deluxe beach villa the first four nights and the last three nights were in an overwater villa. While my wife and I have stayed in overwater villas before in French Polynesia, we wanted our 6-year-old daughter to get the overwater experience for a few nights. In hindsight we should have stayed in the deluxe beach villa the entire time as it was recently refurbished while the overwater villa needed a new mattress and in general could use a refresh. Not to mention the overwater villa was a lot smaller and away from most of the action on the main island.

Our daughter loved kids camp, which went from 10a-6p. The staff at the camp were so kind to her, and my daughter loved playing with other kids visiting from all over the world. And the best part was that the kids camp was free, or maybe better said - included in the price of our visit. They have different scheduled activities each day and only a couple of the activities over the course of the week had a charge. There was also a fee if she ate lunch, but as Hilton Diamond members breakfast was included and we would drop her off at camp just after breakfast, so she often skipped lunch.

All the staff at the resort were very outgoing and hospitable. Svitlana was our guest service agent that greeted us as we got off the seaplane and coordinated all our dining and activities over the course of the week. She was a fabulous host and was most knowledgeable in answering all our questions.

The first night of our visit, Alex Traeger the new Director of Operations at the resort invited us to a manager’s reception. I understand this is held weekly at the Quiet Zone Lounge Bar 30 minutes after the daily happy hour ended for Hilton gold and diamond members. We got to meet and interact with managers of the various departments. And we learned a lot more about the 500+ employees and contractors who work and live there.

Over the course of the week, the hospitality from Alex and the rest of the staff was the best I have ever experienced at any resort I have ever visited. Without going into detail, they went above and beyond time and again during our stay. And that made me want to share our story and talk up the resort to others.

Our favorite meals included Sunset Grill, Ufaa, Fondue in the Wine Cellar and of course Ithaa the undersea restaurant. The restaurants and the resort in general were more kid friendly than we expected. During our visit I would estimate 1/3 of the guests were honeymooners and another 1/3 were families with young children. Going into the trip, my wife and I were afraid we would be outcasts bringing a child, but we fit right in.

One thing I wish I knew ahead of time was to not bother bringing lots of shoes on the trip. Almost everything on Rangali Island is on beach sand, so all you need is a good pair of beach sandals or flip flops. Maybe a pair of sneakers if you want to work out in the gym but otherwise pack lightly on the shoes to keep within the weight restrictions for luggage traveling there.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Water and coral - right now?

Anyone at Conrad literally right now this week? Keen to know what the water visibility is like there - were on the island next door (Mirihi) and it’s as clear as I’ve ever seen it in the Maldives (which is particularly odd as it’s pretty windy and wavy). So just trying to gauge whether the visibility is an island by island thing and luck or whether it just terrific everywhere right now.

Also noticed the corals are starting to come back. Still 99%+ dead here but for the first time in years I’ve seen new ones of the old corals there used to be years ago - ie isolated clumps (football sizes) of the bright blue ones and red ones and a few of the larger yellows. Any signs of new ones at Conrad too? (I’m not back at Conrad until Xmas this year so hopeful there might be one or two there by then as well.)
Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Unicorn test drive at home today in preparation for the next trip to Rangali

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.