Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:51 am

Look like the hotel took down all the lower categories water villa from booking starting July 1st 2020. Any one know why? I know they plan to close the small Island for renovation. Is that it? What happen I already have a booking for the standard water villa?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by neuro0
Look like the hotel took down all the lower categories water villa from booking starting July 1st 2020. Any one know why? I know they plan to close the small Island for renovation. Is that it? What happen I already have a booking for the standard water villa?
I really hope this isn't the case. My wife and I were planning a 10th anniversary trip in January 2021 and this would certainly put a damper on that!

So out of impatience, I used the chat feature on Hilton.com to ask why dates after 7/1/2020 were not bookable. I was told to check back in 1-2 weeks. I have no idea what this means!

Last edited by setho212; Sep 1, 2019 at 6:23 pm
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by setho212
I really hope this isn't the case. My wife and I were planning a 10th anniversary trip in January 2021 and this would certainly put a damper on that!

So out of impatience, I used the chat feature on Hilton.com to ask why dates after 7/1/2020 were not bookable. I was told to check back in 1-2 weeks. I have no idea what this means!
See what MF wrote HERE
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:29 am

The WVs have been taken out of inventory starting from after Chinese New Year because they are going to re-do them on Rangali Island. They plan to start in April but are not sure of the exact dates yet so have blacked out quite a few months of availability. You will be upgraded if you have a current booking coinciding with the improvements.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Too many service lapses these past couple days. I would actually almost prefer to be at the WA at this point.... just came back from the honeymoon dinner at Vilu... the bottle of wine we wanted was out of stock (not okay for digital menus) and upsold us, the dessert took 1 hour to come out after our mains, there were gnats all over the salt/pepper (to be fair I don’t know how you would handle this), our bread never came out until we asked towards the end of our main course. Overall a terrible experience we just wanted to leave and go grab a drink at Rangali bar based on how bad it was.
I guess they are short-staffed and have newbies learning the ropes.

Originally Posted by trust0me
Can anyone confirm if these email address on Wiki are correct?
• General Enquiries: [email protected]
• Reservations Department: [email protected]

I've sent them 3 emails so far for confirming my booking but no response at all
These are both currently in use. Call them and tell them your email address as they may be getting into their spam folder for some reason. After you give them your email address you'll be OK from then on.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Chatting to our host and apparently all the Retreat Water Villas/Family Water Villas and the Deluxe Beach Villas on the Sunrise side are currently closed for renovations. The path that would normally take you to the DBV on the Sunrise side is also blocked off.

So the smaller island being closed next year makes sense.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:47 am

This has probably been asked many times but I have enjoyed too many bevies at the Diamond/Gold happy hour to figure it out and, I am asking for a friend . What is the difference Lucky Dolphin Cruise, the sunset champagne cruise, and the luxury sunset cruise? They are all sunset cruises as far as time of day but all different prices :/. So confused
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The WVs have been taken out of inventory starting from after Chinese New Year because they are going to re-do them on Rangali Island. They plan to start in April but are not sure of the exact dates yet so have blacked out quite a few months of availability. You will be upgraded if you have a current booking coinciding with the improvements.
Hmmmm Chinese New Year is late January / early February so the inability to book a WV after July 1 doesn’t really fit with this. Maybe they just completely removed them from July knowing all WVs will be unavailable at that point, but before then only some WVs will be unavailable so they can shift guests to the ones that are free.

Regardless, do you have any idea how long these renovations are supposed to take? As stated In my earlier post, my wife and I were hoping to visit in January 2021. If renovations begin around Chinese New Year or even April 2020, I would hope they would be complete by early 2021; however, if renovations begin in July 2020, I am less hopeful.

Last edited by setho212; Sep 2, 2019 at 7:08 am
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:36 am

I have WV booked for 8 nights starting in July using points. Tried to add one more but saw none available.
My family have been staying at the SWV in the past and really unlike the proximity to the beach and shallow water around the villa. Enjoy the boat ride to cross over.
It is really a bummer. Not sure the retreat/family WV will provide the same experience, even they will upgrade us there for free.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:20 pm

Afraid not. All the info we have is linked in the wiki. It's too early to tell because even the owner of the resort hasn't yet decided exactly what they are going to do. It could easily take half a year as delays are common (see the wiki for what I mean about delays) so it does make sense that they are not going to be available to book for at least that period of time from April onwards. April to June is only 3 months so there's no way they'd only remove them for that limited amount of time.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:51 pm

My family have been staying at the SWV in the past and really unlike the proximity to the beach and shallow water around the villa.
'

Serious question.
Did you mean to say LIKE? Or do you DISlike?
Just curious, because I'm booked into SWV and proximity to the beach and shallow water sound like reasons to like, not dislike.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Afraid not. All the info we have is linked in the wiki. It's too early to tell because even the owner of the resort hasn't yet decided exactly what they are going to do. It could easily take half a year as delays are common (see the wiki for what I mean about delays) so it does make sense that they are not going to be available to book for at least that period of time from April onwards. April to June is only 3 months so there's no way they'd only remove them for that limited amount of time.
Hmmmm seems like the timing is pretty bad for me in this instance for me to book. Even if the renovations are expected to be complete by the time of my trip (January 2021) I wonder whether they will open WVs for booking one year in advance if the construction hasn't even started. I guess I'll have to book a BV and then monitor the property closely in hopes that the WVs will become available so I can change my reservation. Failing that, perhaps the resort will be generous and upgrade my accommodations in light of the fact that I have Gold status and will be celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
'

Serious question.
Did you mean to say LIKE? Or do you DISlike?
Just curious, because I'm booked into SWV and proximity to the beach and shallow water sound like reasons to like, not dislike.
Should have proofread it first. I mean LIKE.

I broke the news to my family about we can no longer stay at the SWV because of the renovation. No one is happy.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:06 pm

After the renovation, the hotel may not make the WV as standard redemption. Just a thought!
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:20 pm

I am not intimately familiar with the Hilton booking system so forgive me if any of the following is not unusual. I was poking around the hilton website this evening when I noticed that the website provides rates and appears to allow bookings more than a year in advance. For example, it is possible to look up rates for stays in October 2020 and beyond. I have no idea how far in the future is possible though I was able to see rates for January 2021. The only rates available are cash rates as if you select pay with points an error message pops up. Is this unusual? I thought it was not possible to book a stay at the resort more than a year in advance.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that standard water villas are not available for paid stays from July 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020, but starting on October 1, 2020 cash rates are shown for standard water villas. Perhaps this is just a quirk of the fact that the property has not yet put the restriction in their system because October 2020 stays should not be possible, but I am hopeful this may be a sign that water villas may be bookable with points from October 2020 forward. Who knows!

In my impatience regarding information about the property, I did email to ask about any planned renovations. Ahmed Zahir replied and told me he had no renovation information yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.