Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:49 pm
jtz

Elpee1979
vilu is due to open tomorrow for breakfast and dinner, at which point Mandhoo will close
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by jtz
Vilu is really set to open on 26th for breakfast and dinner, walked by today and yesterday and they are getting it ready, at which point all the over water spa villas and family villas and Mandhoo will be closed for renovations and they hope to have it finished for October, before high season.

after that, they said they will start work on the standard water villa island.
Just FEI and to clarify:
* The RWVs & FWVs are scheduled to be finished by December 22nd
* The DBVs are scheduled to be finished mid October
* Work on Rangali Island won't start until, at the earliest, mid-late February 2020

Originally Posted by bobcat745
Maldivesfreak: any reviews on this service?
I don't think I've seen any to date.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Sep 2, 2019 at 1:42 am Reason: Updated
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:49 pm

I am planning to stay at Conrad from 31st Aug to 3rd Sep, been following this thread, thank you and appreciate all great suggestions and inputs
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The hole that has been dug is too deep.

FEI, and while certain people are on the subject of cost-cutting, here is the Atoll Transfer option for transportation to and from Rangali.
https://www.atolltransfer.com/private-speed
Scroll down to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island in the To dropdown menu at the top right. Here are the results
Originally Posted by bobcat745

Maldivesfreak: any reviews on this service?
is the atolltransfer reliable, anyone have experience with them? How long does it take for them in speed boat to get to conrad?

I have an upcoming trip end of this week and the price looks to be half of what you pay the resort for transfers for 2 passengers.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:02 pm

I've answered bobcat745 just a couple of posts above. On the good side I haven't heard anything bad about them either here or on TripAdvisor. I think you needn't worry. Seems like a professional outfit from what I've heard regarding communication via email and so forth.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by crazylooks4u
is the atolltransfer reliable, anyone have experience with them? How long does it take for them in speed boat to get to conrad?

I have an upcoming trip end of this week and the price looks to be half of what you pay the resort for transfers for 2 passengers.
I contacted them directly and the pricing is not great. I would rather pay for the Conrad transfer since it's just $100 more.

"If you will choose combined transfer by scheduled and private speedboat the total cost is 480$ for two people one way, And combined transfer by domestic flight and private speedboat total cost is 510$ for two people one way."
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:37 am
jtz

Can confirm that vilu is now open and Mandhoo closed.
Regaridng the boat transfer service, I would also factor in the extra time you can get in rangali with the seaplane, as an example we could have got on an 11am seaplane and arrived in Male around 8ish, however due to our last minute speedboat changes from a local island we could not inform conrad in enough time, so we were out on the 13:00 one. All good though as used the lounge and got to know a lot about the island from staff.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:50 pm

Thanks for the info, @jtz. Have a safe trip home.

Yeah, I was going to ask you about that but didn't get round to it. It ends up being only a little cheaper. Besides, the seaplane is awesome, especially if you've never been to the Maldives before.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:49 am

Is anyone at Rangali right now? Weather forecast is showing thunderstorms next couple days and were enroute :/
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Looks like there will be a few of us there over the next week.

We arrive Saturday.

Just have to get through the last few days in Rome and a couple of EK F flights first.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
Looks like there will be a few of us there over the next week.

We arrive Saturday.

Just have to get through the last few days in Rome and a couple of EK F flights first.
We arrive on Friday, leave Tuesday, let us catch up for drinks.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by jtz
Can confirm that vilu is now open and Mandhoo closed.
Interesting that Mandhoo is closing (presumably) due to the renovations of the RWVs & FWVs. Looks like it might get new flooring and a makeover as well. ^

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Is anyone at Rangali right now? Weather forecast is showing thunderstorms next couple days and were enroute :/
I wouldn't worry too much as this time of year scattered thunderstorms is the forecast for 6 days out of every 7. And yes, one of my weather widgets is set to display Mahibadhoo and I tend to stare blankly look at it from time to time, that is until my OH smacks me across the face to get me out of the trance that I'm in.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just wanted to thank the regulars in this thread and really everyone for the wealth of information for these past ~300 pages. :P

I booked a stay for this September almost a year ago, and now that it's a couple of weeks away I can barely contain my excitement. We'll be there 9/10-9/15, hopefully bringing some good weather along with us!
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
We arrive on Friday, leave Tuesday, let us catch up for drinks.
We should be at the Diamond/Gold drinks most days.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:53 am

Any recommendation for snorkeling activities?
I feel like Snorkeling Hopping is the most promising one but we never snorkel before.
Which one will be the best alternative?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.