Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mendezka
I'm sure someone here has had a similar experience, any advice would be appreciated.

So I'm looking to go to the property on a Wednesday-Tuesday (6 nights). Using 4 nights points 5th night free & a free weekend night reward cert.
Just called the diamond desk to book & she said it couldn't be done. Due to the fact that the 4 night, 5th night free must be continuous & the free weekend night, is only for Friday, Sat, & Sunday.

I've heard a few reports of people being able to use the free weekend night on a weekday. My agent said that is incorrect & cannot be done. Anyone know a workaround?
I was able to do it last year but by mistake, I forgot the cert was for weekend nights only and used it as a tack on day for a Tuesday and apparently the agent didn’t realize it and it went through.
The worst part about it, 2 weeks before our trip I realize it and worried about it because there was no more award space available and was nervous that the reservation would be in jeopardy. Not worth it in my opinion for this type of trip, I might try it again for a 1 night stay somewhere but it would probably require a fair amount of HUCA.
Just finished our stay and despite a few minor hiccups it was terrific, I also agree with everyone to stay a day or 2 if you can somewhere else and acclimate to the time change and jet lag, last year we arrived after 2 weeks in the Middle East and it was smooth, this year day one we were fighting our fatigue and the first day was rough. Over all a great stay, had 2 long conversations with Mr Ito, the hotel manager about the buyout and refurb dates and will post those later. Stefan was away this week and did not return until Saturday. Yesterday was crazy, 41 villa.s needed to be turned over and 32 of them had 4 guests! Easter break in Europe and tons of family’s arriving, there were also a lot more children this year during our stay than last year.
When we were leaving around 3 yesterday there were 3 planes in the lagoon transporting people on and off! Even our host was saying she never saw that happen before.
The resort will be closed to guests from May 4th to the 9th this year, the new group that bought them is bringing in 250 people to the resort for those dates. Also heard some interesting incentives for the underwater villa that I will post later.

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yes, 3 & 3 and in that order is a good choice. Enjoy yourself!

And interesting that the system lets you input a Monday to Thursday to use the cert. You'd think they would have code in there that wouldn't allow it. But hold on.....it's Hilton IT so there's your answer.
My thinking exactly, that’s why I will have to test it someday, but again would not recommend it for a trip like this because if you lose your reservation, you’re screwed. I can only imagine what my wife would have done to me if I messed that one up, never even told her until afterwards lol

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:03 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:04 am

Checked in, impressed thus far. Very pleasant host who seemed very genuine and friendly. Landed at Conrad a few before sunset so was able to catch it after the check in formalities. Only negative is no chocolate in room, just a bread roll with butter and the fruit (am diamond) They honored my SWV request with an end unit so I can’t complain. OWS treatment in the morning to start the relaxation mode!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:06 am

Is there anywhere to get a la carte ice cream during the day (not part of a meal)?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:31 am

Just ask at Rangali Bar. They'll get it from the main (Atoll Market) kitchen. It probably won't be cheap though.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:48 am

Just ask at Rangali Bar. They'll get it from the main (Atoll Market) kitchen. It probably won't be cheap though.
If I recall correctly, one of the desserts at Rangali is gelato for two. Might hit the spot.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:53 pm

You do have a good memory.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Yep, 8 scoops of ice cream I think!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:52 am

I hate to open up a can of worms here (I did read some of the posts back in September) but I wanted to ask about water from the rooms at meal times. My girlfriend and I visited a resort in the Maldives back in September and it was almost the norm to carry water around with you from room to pool to restaurant etc. whereas it seems frowned upon here? I fully appreciate if there is some rule saying you cannot bring outside food and beverage in but is that actually the case?

This isn't about being tight, I'd honestly probably spend the extra 8 bucks on a nicer bottle of wine. I just wasn't sure why it seemed different here compared to other resorts and whether it was a hard rule or just "frowned upon"?

p.s not asking for opinions on whether it's the right thing to do or "it's only 8 bucks" as that's not my point, I'm just wondering and think others probably are too.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:08 am

8 scoops? That much??
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:15 am

8 scoops? That much??
Yeah - that’s the 2 person sharing one, called the gigantic sensations.

There are other ice cream deserts also - with 2/3 scoops.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Rano91
This isn't about being tight, I'd honestly probably spend the extra 8 bucks on a nicer bottle of wine. I just wasn't sure why it seemed different here compared to other resorts and whether it was a hard rule or just "frowned upon"?
The least expensive bottle of wine on any menu in the resort is $60. The next least expensive is around $90 IIRC.

If you want to bring water on principle, go ahead. But $8 for Evian or Badot will be a rounding error compared to the rest of your restaurant expense.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:09 am

As a price reference, Evian (750ml) is $12 ++, VOSS Sparkling (800ml) is $15++
I stuck to Evian/Cocktails mostly
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by limkl1
You can get free water in the gym, and much as you want from your room attendant. No need to buy water unless you absolutely need to have it while dining.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:31 am

Thanks for this, seems like more than a rounding error to me

Like I said, will probably be sharing a bottle of wine anyway but thought I'd bring it up as I wasn't sure on policy. Based on the discussion previously, it obviously is an issue for some (whether that be principle or otherwise).
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:42 am

Do they still have VOSS still water now? It’s my favourite water but can’t get it here so love to have it when I can! We’re not wine drinkers so paying for the bottles water at each meal doesn’t bother me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.