Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:55 am

Haha. I'm sure no-one feels sorry for you. Enjoy your stay!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
By that I presume you mean Vilu.

Thanks for the posts, guys. Could you please double-check on the times (3:30 - 4:30 & 4:30 - 5:30 respectively) and find out whether Afternoon Tea has moved to Rangali Bar temporarily or if it's permanent. Cheers. I'd hate to think it has moved to Rangali Bar for good.....
Yes,a typo but not inaccurate! According to my host it is permanent due to the large amount of gold and diamond members. But this is already the third or fourth change in the past year so who knows.That spread yesterday was underwhelming to say the least compared to last year at the afternoon tea.
They have also been dredging on the quiet island yesterday and today due to the erosion so that was good to see!

Ate at Mandhoo last night and that was great, I think bang for your buck it is the best overall value.
Had a Mimosa fueled breakfast at Vilu where sometime after the third one they conveniently kept forgetting the OJ and that was also terrific.

Again,as far as hours I was told 330 to 430 at the bar for the afternoon tea and 4-5 at Vilu for happy hour but will update if that is wrong.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by CHSDOC
Sitting here in MLE at the lounge. Our Qatar flight landed at 930 and we have to wait until 12:00 for the transfer. At least we got the massage, but I'm bored!
Oh no! We’ll be flying with Qatar also do I hope it’s not a 2.5 hour wait either, that’s a long wait after a long flight.

Is this the norm or what is the usual wait time for the seaplanes these days? I think in our previous stays we had to wait no more than 1 hour.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thumbs up

My past two trips have been on QR, morning arrival, and - yes - I've had to wait a few hours. But not a big deal. First world problems.

Agreed.
Originally Posted by JRV62

Ate at Mandhoo last night and that was great, I think bang for your buck it is the best overall value.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:05 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:52 am

First world problems indeed, LOL.

They have also been dredging on the quiet island yesterday and today due to the erosion so that was good to see!
Could you tell us exactly where, please? Or take a photo if possible. Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:55 am

My mistake ,happy hour is 430-530 at Vilu—-only giving 1plate per couple now.
Anyone know if the jacuzzi in the SWV is heated, debating giving up my upgrade, its been so warm that the pools in the OWV’s feel like they are heated and I don’t want to go into the SWV if I can’t cool off
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:09 am

Yes, they are. I think it's set at 30 Celcius by default. If you want to change the temperature yourself you will need to open the hatch and reach down to the controls, otherwise call engineering if you want it adjusted.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yes, they are. I think it's set at 30 Celcius by default. If you want to change the temperature yourself you will need to open the hatch and reach down to the controls, otherwise call engineering if you want it adjusted.
Thanks! Also new menu at Vilu now.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA

Thanks! Also new menu at Vilu now.
Also a new menu for breakfast at Vilu or only for dinner?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt

Also a new menu for breakfast at Vilu or only for dinner?
No, dinner only. Breakfast has remained the same.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
My understanding from reading this blog is that food is very expensive there and its recommended to at least have half board booked.

Would it be possible to voluntarily downgrade a water villa to a cheaper beach villa and ask the hotel for free half board instead?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:08 am

Maldivian dinner changed

Maldivian dinner is changed going forward from a beach buffet to an intimate 10 table service on the infinity pool deck. I'll try to post the menu.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond and United Global Services
Thanks - I was highly considering this when I arrive in May. Would love to know if you think it is worth it and if you like the new format better?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:19 am

Very interested as the buffet wasn't amazing. Menu would be great and any other info too, if you get a chance and don't mind. Thank you.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:08 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by flo_147
My understanding from reading this blog is that food is very expensive there and its recommended to at least have half board booked.

Would it be possible to voluntarily downgrade a water villa to a cheaper beach villa and ask the hotel for free half board instead?
Cannot see this downgrade plan working.

Food is expensive, but if you have Hilton Gold (easy to get), then breakfast is covered and you really only need to eat dinner*. With breakfast covered, Half Board is not recommended by posters in this thread. It is too limiting and does not offer any real savings over a pay as you go approach to eating at Rangali.

* IMO, you need to eat some other meal, going to Rangali and living off the happy hour and tubs of dried noodles is really really diluting the experience -- so I am discounting any posters with spend no money strategies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.