Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:09 am

Third day here and some mixed feelings. Completely wowed by the resort, the villa and the usual Maldives ambience. The experience is totally worth the money and we are having a fab time. Finding the afternoon tea offerings a bit disappointing compared to what was offered at Conrad Bali and other executive lounges. Service at breakfast is really hit and miss at Atoll market. Having to ask for tea, cooling towels at least twice before they arrive. Nice touch to have ice cream at breakfast. Resort is fully booked as we keep hearing so no upgrades and am glad we paid for our upgrades. I must say out of all the Hilton resorts I have stayed in the past few years including 4-5 Conrads, the look of CRM's reception area is the most disappointing!
No contact from host since arrival, I guess that's the norm. Do we get to meet the GM as not heard from him re a meeting over drinks as is usually the case with Diamond member. So different from Conrad Samui where last year we were greeted by a member of their senior team and met Lyle many times. He even drove our buggy around when dropping us to our villa. Hoping to meet someone from the senior team here soon. Could someone please remind me about the chocolate fondue and which restaurant offers it? Looking forward to the rest of the stay.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by s879
Third day here and some mixed feelings.
Says it all. I'll take "mixed feelings" at a Holiday Inn. At CMRI, it's not really OK.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Yeah - that’s the 2 person sharing one, called the gigantic sensations.

There are other ice cream deserts also - with 2/3 scoops.
You can also order a single scoop with or without whipped cream (at least for kids, which we always did at various restaurants).
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:06 pm

Do we get to meet the GM as not heard from him re a meeting over drinks as is usually the case with Diamond member. So different from Conrad Samui where last year we were greeted by a member of their senior team and met Lyle many times. He even drove our buggy around when dropping us to our villa. Hoping to meet someone from the senior team here soon.
Have you been invited to the Manager's Reception on Wednesday? If so, you will meet senior management there.

Could someone please remind me about the chocolate fondue and which restaurant offers it? Looking forward to the rest of the stay.
Vilu. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
Hey! Does anyone have any info on the Congratulations dinner at the Conrad? Price? Location (saw mentioned above Sunset Grill is closed until November)? What separates it from just a regular dinner? Did not see this get asked in the thread - but apologies if this is a duplicate.
Was catching up on this thread and saw your question, did a bit of googling since I want to take advantage of it as well, this seems to be it: https://medium.com/@tengheong.ng/hon...r-15707e542bb8
Three course at Mandhoo, seems pretty nice.

By the way, do you just email them saying it will be a honeymoon trip and bring a copy of your marriage certificate to show at checkin? Or is there anything else that needs to be done?

Edit: Nvm about the blog post above, they moved it out of mandhoo per mb123 , sigh, more cost cutting I guess.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
Vilu replaced the chocolate dessert with another one which was underwhelming IMO.

Also I want to mention for future guests that all the restaurants charge $15 ++ for water, and it is not possible to get a complimentary plain drinking water like they bring to the rooms. So when they ask at the opening of the meal, if you would like water, be prepared. Perhaps this is not happening at Rangali Bar because we did not eat there.

I want to thank you, MaldivesFreak, for all your info and comments on this board. They really convinced me to come to the Conrad and not another hotel I had reservations at. I LOVED the Conrad. I don't think I could find a more tranquil setting with such attentive, caring staff. If I return to the Maldives (which I certainly hope to do), I would just return to the Conrad. It far exceeded my expectations. We had just a basic sunset facing OWV, and it was wonderful.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Sunset Grill is closed until November? Where did you read that?
I misread something you posted, actually. I saw you write a couple weeks ago about how Sunset Grill is closed on Tuesdays through November. But I read it more as "it's closing this Tuesday until November". My mistake. So sounds like we can do the Honeymoon dinner any night of the week (Except Tuesdays), is that right?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:09 am

We tried the caramel chocolate tart ($19++) after realizing the chocolate cake wasnt available at Vilu..

The tart was a little too dry for my liking plus we were too full to enjoy it
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Rano91
I hate to open up a can of worms here (I did read some of the posts back in September) but I wanted to ask about water from the rooms at meal times. My girlfriend and I visited a resort in the Maldives back in September and it was almost the norm to carry water around with you from room to pool to restaurant etc. whereas it seems frowned upon here? I fully appreciate if there is some rule saying you cannot bring outside food and beverage in but is that actually the case?

This isn't about being tight, I'd honestly probably spend the extra 8 bucks on a nicer bottle of wine. I just wasn't sure why it seemed different here compared to other resorts and whether it was a hard rule or just "frowned upon"?

p.s not asking for opinions on whether it's the right thing to do or "it's only 8 bucks" as that's not my point, I'm just wondering and think others probably are too.
Last week we had 3 people next to us at the cheese fondue who brought water from their room in their containers you bring from home and at Rangalli bar a couple brought the bottled water from the room, no pushback from the waiters.Forgot to mention that in my last post, wine is going to be about 50 bucks more for a bottle
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:52 am

That's great to know. Might just bring my water bottle everywhere.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:52 am

Do they still have VOSS still water now? It’s my favourite water but can’t get it here so love to have it when I can! We’re not wine drinkers so paying for the bottles water at each meal doesn’t bother me.
Yes they offered it alongside the Evian anytime you asked for still water.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:56 am

[QUOTE=limkl1;31005421]

We tried the caramel chocolate tart ($19++) after realizing the chocolate cake wasnt available at Vilu..

The tart was a little too dry for my liking plus we were too full to enjoy it

The old chocolate dessert is still available upon request, they kept it because too many people loved the old one.
[/QUOTET]

Last edited by JRV62; Apr 16, 2019 at 4:01 am
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond and United Global Services
Originally Posted by JRV62
Just finished our stay and despite a few minor hiccups it was terrific, I also agree with everyone to stay a day or 2 if you can somewhere else and acclimate to the time change and jet lag, last year we arrived after 2 weeks in the Middle East and it was smooth, this year day one we were fighting our fatigue and the first day was rough. Over all a great stay, had 2 long conversations with Mr Ito, the hotel manager about the buyout and refurb dates and will post those later. Stefan was away this week and did not return until Saturday. Yesterday was crazy, 41 villa.s needed to be turned over and 32 of them had 4 guests! Easter break in Europe and tons of family’s arriving, there were also a lot more children this year during our stay than last year.
When we were leaving around 3 yesterday there were 3 planes in the lagoon transporting people on and off! Even our host was saying she never saw that happen before.
The resort will be closed to guests from May 4th to the 9th this year, the new group that bought them is bringing in 250 people to the resort for those dates. Also heard some interesting incentives for the underwater villa that I will post later.

Interesting that the resort will be closed on those dates; I am checking in on the 9th. Wonder what impact, if any this may cause.

Also, has anyone ever done the big game fishing excursion? It is $1,500 so I was wondering if anyone really enjoyed it?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:21 pm

Do they still have VOSS still water now? It’s my favourite water but can’t get it here so love to have it when I can! We’re not wine drinkers so paying for the bottles water at each meal doesn’t bother me.
Yes, we had VOSS still during lunch at Ithaa.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:46 pm

Hello All, what are the dress codes there? We are going for 10 nights, trying to figure out what to pack. Its for our honey moon, thank you for all the help already Maldives Freak!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.