Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:02 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Maybe it's the lighting, but it looks very different now. All the Maldives splashes of colour have gone, replaced with Ritz Carlton/ Waldorf Astoria beiges and indoor city furniture. First impressions, I'm not a fan...
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Thanks for the pics, tom-schmitt!

And I'm sorry I still haven't managed to post mine...

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Is the bathroom in the DBV air-conditioned now?
Yes it is - a big plus in my opinion! You now have the choice of using the indoor shower (in the AC environment) or the outdoor shower.

What age do people tend to bring their children to stay in a water villa? I know there’s some waiver you have to sign if you do so.

We had our daughter in a water villa (RWV) the first time when she was 4. Every kid is different, though. Take a look at the pictures of the water villas and then decide whether you will be comfortable with your kid running around on the deck(s). The FWVs are the most "secure" water villas as most of the deck has fences.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:43 am

Re: Transfers. Sorry people. If it's too much on the eyes I'll just drop it.

Originally Posted by goliath
Yes it is - a big plus in my opinion! You now have the choice of using the indoor shower (in the AC environment) or the outdoor shower.
There's an indoor shower now? Where abouts is it? Did you get it in your pics?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Pics this weekend - I promise!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:04 pm

^ We've all been drooling, goliath. Would be useful if there was a storm / high winds or something. Would also be good for kids and would save a family a lot of time getting ready. Perhaps that's why they put it in, due to the occupancy limit being raised by 1. Anyway, kudos to the person who thought of it.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
oh wow.. the renovated villas look awesome..
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
oh wow.. the renovated villas look awesome..
Agreed, though the non-renovated room I stayed in a couple of weeks ago looked great as well, with little to no wear observed. The curtains will be a nice upgrade for those who do not know how to navigate the blind remote. Curious, did the shower replace the area where the fountain was?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Hmmmm I am not a fan of the "look" of the new DBVs. Looks like something I can easily get/stay at in Bali or Phuket.

The outdoor bath looks as useless as ever

Making the bathroom area and second shower indoors and with AC is a positive.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Making the ... second shower indoors and with AC is a positive.
My initial reaction was the opposite. As soon as I change into lighter clothing, lose my shoes, and spend a day just taking in the air, I'm acclimated to the weather. I couldn't imagine bathing in an air conditioned environment - I'd freeze!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Hmmmm I am not a fan of the "look" of the new DBVs. Looks like something I can easily get/stay at in Bali or Phuket.
Agree. I don't know what in the world made them steer away from the colours that are outside. Bad move I think but the place will still make loads of money. If it was solely based on the patronage of regulars I think the situation would be somewhat different profit-wise.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
My initial reaction was the opposite. As soon as I change into lighter clothing, lose my shoes, and spend a day just taking in the air, I'm acclimated to the weather. I couldn't imagine bathing in an air conditioned environment - I'd freeze!
Maybe someone who's been in the new DBV let us know if the bathroom has actual A/C vents in there? I mean, for me I would assume, (yes sometimes I shouldn't assume), that the bathroom would be very similar to many hotels we have all stayed .... that the room has the A/C, and then there is a door that separates the bathroom/room, the bathroom has no A/C.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Errrr ... what?! Just saw this.

Conrad Maldives is to be sold to another management

https://maldivestimes.com/conrad-mal...is-to-be-sold/

Conrad Maldives Resort being run in Adh. Rangali finolhu is being sold. While the identity is unknown, the Tourism Ministry has issued a public announcement stating that the current owner of the resort had requested for permission from the ministry to transfer the ownership of the resort.

The ministry had also requested that any debts or concerns regarding the island should be addressed to the ministry through writing within 14 days from the issue of the statement.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Well, this is something. Ugh (I think).
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:28 pm

Errrr ... what?! Just saw this.

Conrad Maldives is to be sold to another management

https://maldivestimes.com/conrad-mal...is-to-be-sold/

Conrad Maldives Resort being run in Adh. Rangali finolhu is being sold. While the identity is unknown, the Tourism Ministry has issued a public announcement stating that the current owner of the resort had requested for permission from the ministry to transfer the ownership of the resort.

The ministry had also requested that any debts or concerns regarding the island should be addressed to the ministry through writing within 14 days from the issue of the statement.
This is worse than the time they arrested half the supreme court and declared martial law! /s

But I do hope that the new owners don't change things for the worse.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:59 pm

They have had a really good relationship with the current owner and he is apparently very easy to deal with. Let's hope the new owners won't start another round of nickel-and-diming to drive profits up. But that may well be just wishful thinking on my part.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.