Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Upgrading from BV or WV

Now that you can book either a BV or WV for the same points, does anyone know if the price of upgrading from either is now the same too?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:19 am

Hey guys,
I’ve been monitoring this topic for many months, got some great tips and I’m finally onsite so just wanted to go back to few things found on this forum:

- Arrival - arrived at 2pm, there were no lines/other flights at that time. Immigration took 2 minutes and we waited less than 5 minutes for our bags (they had priority label). It didn’t take longer than 10 minutes since we left the plane to go through immigration, get the bags and find Conrad representative in arrival lobby.
We were in Conrad Lounge around 2:30pm. Lounge was empty, after 30 minutes another couple showed up. We took care of credit card pre-authorization there and free massage was offered to us. Also they offered us promotion for spa in the resort (additional 30 minutes) for the next couple of days. Unfortunately they didn’t honor this promotion in the resort so if you are sure that you want to use the spa and they they would offer it to you in the lounge then you should book it right away

- 4pm Seaplane transfer - nothing unusual here. Straight forward and pleasant flight. IMO best place for the pictures is last seat on the left side of the plane

- Weather - so far perfect. No rain at all. Sunny.

- Infratable floats - someone was asking about it couple of weeks ago. I can see many of them by the overwater bunaglow. You can also buy them in the shopping centers onsite - $100/each

- Drones - as we know they are not allowed but our neighbors were using it from their deck without anyone from the resort bothering them

Honeymoon - room was nicely prepared with “happy honeymoon” sign, bottle of champagne, fresh fruits and box of chocolates. Also we had a 3 course dinner @MandHoo.

We wanted to book Beach BBQ (every Wednesday) but we were told that it was cancelled for the next 2 weeks. We were told that Lobster/Champagne event is the same thing just with the champagne instead of wine so we booked it for tonight.

That’s all for now
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by MJJW1985
Hey guys,
I’ve been monitoring this topic for many months, got some great tips and I’m finally onsite so just wanted to go back to few things found on this forum:

- Arrival - arrived at 2pm, there were no lines/other flights at that time. Immigration took 2 minutes and we waited less than 5 minutes for our bags (they had priority label). It didn’t take longer than 10 minutes since we left the plane to go through immigration, get the bags and find Conrad representative in arrival lobby.
We were in Conrad Lounge around 2:30pm. Lounge was empty, after 30 minutes another couple showed up. We took care of credit card pre-authorization there and free massage was offered to us. Also they offered us promotion for spa in the resort (additional 30 minutes) for the next couple of days. Unfortunately they didn’t honor this promotion in the resort so if you are sure that you want to use the spa and they they would offer it to you in the lounge then you should book it right away

- 4pm Seaplane transfer - nothing unusual here. Straight forward and pleasant flight. IMO best place for the pictures is last seat on the left side of the plane

- Weather - so far perfect. No rain at all. Sunny.

- Infratable floats - someone was asking about it couple of weeks ago. I can see many of them by the overwater bunaglow. You can also buy them in the shopping centers onsite - $100/each

- Drones - as we know they are not allowed but our neighbors were using it from their deck without anyone from the resort bothering them

Honeymoon - room was nicely prepared with “happy honeymoon” sign, bottle of champagne, fresh fruits and box of chocolates. Also we had a 3 course dinner @MandHoo.

We wanted to book Beach BBQ (every Wednesday) but we were told that it was cancelled for the next 2 weeks. We were told that Lobster/Champagne event is the same thing just with the champagne instead of wine so we booked it for tonight.

That’s all for now
thanks for sharing!

is the beach BBQ (every Wednesday) a completely different event from the Maldivian Night (every Monday) ?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
thanks for sharing!

is the beach BBQ (every Wednesday) a completely different event from the Maldivian Night (every Monday) ?
yes, it’s a different event
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Splotly
Now that you can book either a BV or WV for the same points, does anyone know if the price of upgrading from either is now the same too?
No, it's a better deal to upgrade from the WV, at least according to the wiki. They work in approx. $70 increments and the difference in upgrade prices seem to be, on average, 2 increments more for upgrading from BV to DBV as opposed to WV to DBV. So as far as it looks they have kept the same upgrade rates / ratios after they started making the WVs available on points.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
No, it's a better deal to upgrade from the WV, at least according to the wiki. They work in approx. $70 increments and the difference in upgrade prices seem to be, on average, 2 increments more for upgrading from BV to DBV as opposed to WV to DBV. So as far as it looks they have kept the same upgrade rates / ratios after they started making the WVs available on points.
Darn! Grabbed a points booking a while ago for 10 nights over this coming new year (went for the BV but could have chosen a WV for the same points). Always intended to try to upgrade but at the time I wasn’t sure if the upgrade price would be affordable so chose a BV in case I had to settle for what I’d booked. Just got a price to upgrade to a RWV - $900 p/n before discount - feels like it would have been a lot less if the starting point had been from a WV. Live and learn I guess!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:36 am

Well...if you don't want those 10 nights you can always give em to me.....
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I arrived a few days ago and our seaplane transfer to the resort stopped at Centara first to let off other passengers. That surprised me, I don't remember reading about that here before. It meant 45+ minutes cooped up in the little plane with the landing and waiting and re-takeoff. Conrad host tells me their contract with seaplane company allows plane to make one other stop.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I arrived a few days ago and our seaplane transfer to the resort stopped at Centara first to let off other passengers. That surprised me, I don't remember reading about that here before. It meant 45+ minutes cooped up in the little plane with the landing and waiting and re-takeoff. Conrad host tells me their contract with seaplane company allows plane to make one other stop.
We had one stop on the outbound, but I don't remember where. It was literally a dock floating on the water, and I couldn't see a resort nearby. Two passengers got off and boarded a boat that was waiting. I would have been hesitant to get off of the plane if the boat wasn't waiting there. On the return it was a nonstop.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:53 pm

It's not mentioned often because it seldom happens. It's also mentioned in my Seaplane Transfer Specifics post here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29941485-post3060.html
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:28 pm

Inflatables revisited

Just when you thought it was safe to talk about inflatables....

At least they had the decency to keep it in their pool.....at least we see they did in this shot, anyway.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm hearing that Vilu is closed this week and afternoon tea and breakfast has been moved to Mandhoo while afternoon tea and happy hour have been moved to Rangali Bar.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:15 am

So there are two afternoon tea venues? And do you know why it's closed?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
So there are two afternoon tea venues? And do you know why it's closed?
No, there are not two afternoon tea venues. It has been moved from Vilu to Rangali Bar this week. I don't know why Vilu is closed, I only realized it when I showed up for breakfast at 10 a.m. and it was closed. Then my host told me later too.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I arrived a few days ago and our seaplane transfer to the resort stopped at Centara first to let off other passengers. That surprised me, I don't remember reading about that here before.
So far, out of 6 flights, we had 2 with stops on the way. One at Athuruga and one at Mirihi. I posted a pic of the "Mirihi International Airport" somewhere in this thread (around April 2016).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.