Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:12 pm

OOC, has anyone ever seen a rate that doesn't include breakfast anywhere other than on any Hilton website? I was curious as to prices for this time of year and noticed a dirt cheap rate on TA. Clicked on the link and here we are

As we can see there is no breakfast and the taxes are only 16.8% and we don't know if that includes the Geen Tax or not. However the fineprint says there could be other taxes levied. Has anyone any experience wih this kind of deal? Obviously you don't earn Hilton points but if you were Gold or Diamond you'd still get breakfast comped.

FEI, the rate that includes breakfast (which is hidden under the popup) is $434 and $506 before and after tax respectively. Breakfast at Rangali is $35++ which is $43.12 per person / $86.24 per couple, so breakfast here is only an extra $41.82 per room - roughly half price.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Obviously you don't earn Hilton points but if you were Gold or Diamond you'd still get breakfast comped.
That's not usually the case with OTA bookings at hotels owned by US chains. Is CMRI different?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:28 pm

Oh, probably my bad.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:34 pm

Oh, probably my bad.
No worries. Some properties still may provide benefits to people who booked through an OTA and have status. But it's never guaranteed, and it's rare.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:59 pm

Now that you've mentioned that, I recall I read somewhere that a Diamond couple were given free breakfast even though they didn't book with Hilton direct. Was probably an exception to the rule and a one-off.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:04 pm

With a noon arrival you can expect to take
Thanks for the advice - I will take the extra day to go into town then
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:15 pm

I'll be arriving in Male around noon when we do go on our trip. Wish I could add on another day but unfortunately can't. I'd b satisfied getting to the resort around 4ish. Sure there wouldn't be time to do much, but should still get settled in well and in time for a nice dinner.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:23 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
That's not usually the case with OTA bookings at hotels owned by US chains. Is CMRI different?
Marriott honor elite benefits on third party bookings, but I don't think the others do.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by marcmsj
I'll be arriving in Male around noon when we do go on our trip. Wish I could add on another day but unfortunately can't. I'd b satisfied getting to the resort around 4ish. Sure there wouldn't be time to do much, but should still get settled in well and in time for a nice dinner.
And you can go to the free happy hour at 5pm^
Most of the time we arrived at 2pm in Male on the Etihad Airways flight and never considered to stay in Male overnight, because it is still enough time to reach the resort comfortable by seaplane and have a relaxed evening at Rangali.
You won’t miss anything by not seeing Male City.

Last edited by tom-schmitt; Aug 21, 2018 at 1:27 am
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:35 am

Thanks for everyone's help. We will be staying in Male for a night then go to Conrad for 5 nights, then stay at Singapore for 2 nights before heading back to Australia.

Water Villa booked - March can't come fast enough!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:57 am

SQ451 or SQ5481 MLE to SIN? And enjoy your trip! ^
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Slightly off-topic, but has anyone taken Bangkok Airways from BKK to MLE in business class? If so, any comments?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Slightly off-topic, but has anyone taken Bangkok Airways from BKK to MLE in business class? If so, any comments?
Itīs okay, but nothing more. Try it one time with my wife. After our trip in business with PG we fly with FD and save more than 75 %.

Can highly recommend to fly with FD, don't forget to book the "Extra Seat", nearly like European Business, but 50 % cheaper than PG Economy.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Hi all,

I understand that that the seaplane transfer as well as any third party stores and activities don't count for earning Hilton Honors points (beyond what might code as Hilton spend on the Hilton Amex), but any food and beverage should count, right? (I am referencing the wiki on this thread.) I checked out on August 15th, and below is the only thing that has posted with 1000 points for the Diamond MyWay Bonus. The AmEx charge just posted overnight, so I don't know if the points posting will follow. When I click on View Receipt it says, "No receipt available". Mrs. Majuki and I spent quite a bit on restaurants during our stay, so I'd like to get the points for any eligible incidental spend credited properly. We did do an award stay, but I don't believe that affects eligibility for earning points on eligible incidental spend. I have scanned a paper copy of the receipt, which does reflect my Hilton Honors number on the final bill, but the Hilton site says to wait two weeks before contacting them for stays outside of North America.

Approximately how long does it take for points to post, and have others had issues getting credit for eligible incidental spend at this resort?

Last edited by Majuki; Aug 23, 2018 at 1:16 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:10 am

This property is fantastic for its promptness when it comes to the stay showing up in your HHonors account. I've only had once instance where something went wrong but generally speaking the points show up within a couple of days. I suggest waiting the 2 weeks as there might have been some unforseen delay. But not to worry, everything will be sorted out since you have a copy of the bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.