Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dein_gesicht
I have read what seems like hundred of posts, but still unable to find the info that I'm looking for (sorry if I have missed it). My partner and I plan on spending 5 nights at the resort and have a couple of questions:
1. Using 95k points, I noticed that I can't book a OV anymore and that a SWV or DWV are the only ones (the cost is 95k for BV vs 345k for SWV)
2. I'm reading a lot about the 4th or 5th night free, but I can't seem to get it work for November - what am I missing?
3. We are arriving in Male at 20:50pm, so I assume there is no point trying to rush to the resort (via plane then water) so we should wait for the next day to get the seaplane there - is that right?
4. We are looking at going either Nov-18 or Jan-19. I am leaning toward Jan, but if I can get an extra night free for Nov then that might push me over the edge.
1. You can still get WV for 95k, maybe just not on the dates you are looking. SWV and DWV were never available for 95k.
2. You have to be at least Hilton Honors Silver (and be logged in while searching) to get the 5th night free
3. Personal preference, I guess. I would go to the resort that night instead of staying on Hulhumale.
4. See 2.

edit: see 5th night free in November:

WV for 95k:

Last edited by goliath; Aug 15, 2018 at 1:16 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:16 am

Thanks for the super fast response! Maybe I wasn't logged into the website as it is not working once logged in
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:24 am

Yes I see now if I change the dates to Mar-19 as opposed to Jan-19, then I can find the WV. I assume the WV is that much more special than the BV. I do like the BV given the size and open bathroom.

Are the locations that different from WV and SWV? I'm in my 30s and love the heat (so no issues walking)

Last edited by dein_gesicht; Aug 15, 2018 at 1:30 am Reason: more info
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
Thank you.
I was just looking for a general impression, pics would be a bonus too but not a priority.
Overall, they’ve increased the space inside (by stealing the space that used to be the fountain as you walked in) - however given how large an area that was I’m surprised the difference was that noticeable. The inside shower as an extra option is nice. Everything is more modern rather than just being new. There’s a high glass screen now behind the bed, which delineates the bedroom rather than the old stone wall behind the bed - looks lovely, but I rather liked being able to look through the villa from end to end (and used to use the wall to pile up all sorts of rubbish on!). Looks like some comfy need mini sofa-chairs and a different lounging sofa at the end of the bed. They talked about replacing (removing) the massive bath out the back of the villa, but that hadn’t been done yet. Nice crescent shaped girls (or boys!) powder area where the toilet used to be. Nothing new in terms of the pool area as far as I could see (although I’d never stayed in that particular villa number in the past).
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

How about the ABS? 😳

From video clips it looks like you would work them pretty hard to stay upright?
Funnily enough, no! Although perhaps you are supposed to - or have to if you want to do that backflips stuff...

I snowboard (or used to what feels like decades ago) - and controlling it felt to me like it was exactly the same. Way easier than you’d imagine actually. Simply relax on it and everything just happens naturally - get stiff and tense and you’ll be on camera! The guy with you controls the power/height side of things.

They also have (or at l ast I think they still have) the jet pack version. Have tried that a few times and simply can’t get it to do fun things - way to hard / counterintuitive in terms of how you have to move your weight to get it to do what you want without nosediving you sideways!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:41 am

Yes I see now if I change the dates to Mar-19 as opposed to Jan-19, then I can find the WV.
March is a good time to be there. The Maldives is least likely to receive rain in January, February, and March.

Some rain will still fall, but it is more likely to be a gentle rain that lasts only an hour or two. Book in the late spring or summer, and you're more likely to see rains that last for days or weeks.

February is also very good, but you may not be able to make a booking because the Maldives is a popular CNY destination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maldives#Climate
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
How about the ABS? 😳

From video clips it looks like you would work them pretty hard to stay upright?
No anti-lock braking system on these, buddy. The idea is to slam into the ocean as fast and hard as possible!

I was just looking for a general impression, pics would be a bonus too but not a priority.
There are pics about 50 pages back.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
There are pics about 50 pages back.
They're rather foggy and don't include the courtyard, vanity, bathroom, closet, or indoor shower. I'd certainly like to see more as well. I plan to stay in a DBV several months from now, and the suspense is killing me!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:32 am

I have read what seems like hundred of posts, but still unable to find the info that I'm looking for (sorry if I have missed it). My partner and I plan on spending 5 nights at the resort and have a couple of questions:
1. Using 95k points, I noticed that I can't book a OV anymore and that a SWV or DWV are the only ones (the cost is 95k for BV vs 345k for SWV)
2. I'm reading a lot about the 4th or 5th night free, but I can't seem to get it work for November - what am I missing?
3. We are arriving in Male at 20:50pm, so I assume there is no point trying to rush to the resort (via plane then water) so we should wait for the next day to get the seaplane there - is that right?
4. We are looking at going either Nov-18 or Jan-19. I am leaning toward Jan, but if I can get an extra night free for Nov then that might push me over the edge.

Thanks in advance
Hi dein_gesicht.

Will this be your first time to the Maldives?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
They're rather foggy and don't include the courtyard, vanity, bathroom, closet, or indoor shower. I'd certainly like to see more as well. I plan to stay in a DBV several months from now, and the suspense is killing me!
Yeah, they are a bit substandard. Anyone who wants good quality pics please PM me with your email address and I'll send them to you.....as long as you don't post them on the net. And a big thanks goes out to the guy who gave them to me. You know who you are.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by Splotly

Overall, they’ve increased the space inside (by stealing the space that used to be the fountain as you walked in) - however given how large an area that was I’m surprised the difference was that noticeable. The inside shower as an extra option is nice. Everything is more modern rather than just being new. There’s a high glass screen now behind the bed, which delineates the bedroom rather than the old stone wall behind the bed - looks lovely, but I rather liked being able to look through the villa from end to end (and used to use the wall to pile up all sorts of rubbish on!). Looks like some comfy need mini sofa-chairs and a different lounging sofa at the end of the bed. They talked about replacing (removing) the massive bath out the back of the villa, but that hadn’t been done yet. Nice crescent shaped girls (or boys!) powder area where the toilet used to be. Nothing new in terms of the pool area as far as I could see (although I’d never stayed in that particular villa number in the past).
Thank you.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I've read a few dozen pages of this thread and have also looked on the Conrad website as well as TA, but was unable to find out the very basics of the differences between the WV, SWV, DWV, RWV, etc. From what I can tell, SWV guarantees a sunset view, DWV is bigger with better views, and the RWV has a spa treatment room. I'm sure there are many, but what are the major distinguishing characteristics I'm missing? I'm considering my cash upgrade options for a stay in February.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Hi dein_gesicht.

Will this be your first time to the Maldives?
Yes first time. I travel a lot with the kids and wife, but this will be our first actual "beach holiday". Traditionally, we go 100% when you are away on holidays so this will be a massive change in pace. I'm thinking that I might like it so best to try Maldives as it's one of the best places to go. I'm restricted with time (only 1 week) as we won't bring our kids.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam
I've read a few dozen pages of this thread and have also looked on the Conrad website as well as TA, but was unable to find out the very basics of the differences between the WV, SWV, DWV, RWV, etc. From what I can tell, SWV guarantees a sunset view, DWV is bigger with better views, and the RWV has a spa treatment room. I'm sure there are many, but what are the major distinguishing characteristics I'm missing? I'm considering my cash upgrade options for a stay in February.
You might have seen this already (as I am new too), but here is something I found useful: Rangali Island Hotels | Conrad Maldives Rangali Island | Rangali Island,
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:19 pm

Thank you.
Didn’t read it through before I sent it - and just spotted a couple of typos that might change the meaning!

* meant to say - wasn’t that noticeable rather than was that noticeable

* meant to say - new mini sofas rather than need mini sofas

(The struggles of trying to type with only 1 working thumb!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.