Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:05 am

Just booked a 5 day award in Water Villa for 2019 and negotiated an upgrade to Water Retreat Villa for all 5 days.
I am adding 2 more nights to this trip using 95,000 points plus a free weekend night certificate.

I want to stay in a deluxe beach villa for the 2 additional nights.
There is a water villa award available and a standard beach villa award available.

What should my upgrade strategy be?
1) Upgrade Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa and Upgrade Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa
2) Upgrade Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa and hope for a complementary upgrade on the beach villa for the second night

I am currently Hilton Gold but should be Hilton Diamond next year.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by j.cerda
Just booked a 5 day award in Water Villa for 2019 and negotiated an upgrade to Water Retreat Villa for all 5 days.
I am adding 2 more nights to this trip using 95,000 points plus a free weekend night certificate.

There is a water villa award available and a standard beach villa award available.

1) Upgrade Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa and Upgrade Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa
2) Upgrade Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa and hope for a complementary upgrade on the beach villa for the second night

You can book your complimentary weekend night into a Water Villa if normal point award availability exists. Just call Hilton instead of trying to do it online. You'll then have both nights in a WV and can upgrade to a DBV.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
You can book your complimentary weekend night into a Water Villa if normal point award availability exists. Just call Hilton instead of trying to do it online. You'll then have both nights in a WV and can upgrade to a DBV.
There is only water villa availability for 1 night.
The 2 night has only beach villa availability.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:32 am

There is only water villa availability for 1 night.
The 2 night has only beach villa availability.
Sorry, I missed that. Either of your ideas works. Published upgrade rates are in the wiki, and most people have success negotiating 20% off of them.

You won't regret a night in a BV even if you don't get the upgrade. They're very nice. And it's convenient to be on the main island for snorkeling, dining, etc.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:52 am

Hi j.cerda. I suggest calling the resort to see if there is any availability not showing for the DBV. I also suggest that you ask for the DBV for the first 2 nights if possible. Most people prefer staying on land before they move on to over the water.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
This property is fantastic for its promptness when it comes to the stay showing up in your HHonors account. I've only had once instance where something went wrong but generally speaking the points show up within a couple of days. I suggest waiting the 2 weeks as there might have been some unforseen delay. But not to worry, everything will be sorted out since you have a copy of the bill.
I'll wait it out, but I'm imagining it won't post based on the above image. I am imagining this will result in a phone call. This trip has required phone calls and manual credits for everything, both flights and hotels.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:56 pm

Actually it's interesting that when you said you clicked on View Receipt it said, "No receipt available". Is it just us or is it Hilton because I've never ever had that display a receipt for any stay. I've always had the same error as you.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Actually it's interesting that when you said you clicked on View Receipt it said, "No receipt available". Is it just us or is it Hilton because I've never ever had that display a receipt for any stay. I've always had the same error as you.
I think it only works for hotels In North America. I had a stay in Canada in June, and I can download the receipt. My stay in Bucharest, Romania in May, however, says "No receipt available" as well. I'm relatively new to frequent Hilton brand stays, so my conclusion is based on the website's advice for missing stay credit plus two data points.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:12 pm

Hi j.cerda. I suggest calling the resort to see if there is any availability not showing for the DBV. I also suggest that you ask for the DBV for the first 2 nights if possible. Most people prefer staying on land before they move on to over the water.
I am trying to get 2 nights in a DBV but I would be booking a WV (free night certificate) and a BV (points).
I will ask for a paid upgrade on the WV.
Should I leave the BV and hope for a complementary upgrade BV -> DBV as Hilton Gold?

Just to get a clear picture my stay would be

1 night : WV -> will pay upgrade to DBV
1 night : BV (not sure what to do)
5 nights : WV -> already paid upgrade to RWV

I am hoping that they will let me stay in the DBV from the first night and not have to pay for the upgrade from BV - > DBV which would be around $300 dollars.
I would willingly pay for the upgrade from WV -> DBV on the second night as this is usually $150 but there is no WV available.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriot Silver, BA Silver
j.cerda;

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that there are no complementary room upgrades at this property, even for diamonds.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by sullivbt
j.cerda;

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that there are no complementary room upgrades at this property, even for diamonds.
The resort is exempt from Hilton's upgrade policy for elites, but upgrades do sometimes happen. YMMV.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond

It all depends on how disappointed you will be if the upgrade doesn't come through.

Last trip in December 2016 we booked the BV on points and free weekend certificates for 4 nights. I prepaid for an upgrade for one night to a WV just to try it.

On arrival they had upgraded us to a DBV for the first 2 nights and a WV for the 2nd half of our stay. So you may find the same that by paying for an upgrade for part of your stay may result in the other nights being comped.

This was as a Diamond with departure on Christmas day. We preferred the DBV over the WV and will mot likely book a DBV again next year.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:45 pm

I am trying to get 2 nights in a DBV but I would be booking a WV (free night certificate) and a BV (points).
I will ask for a paid upgrade on the WV.
Should I leave the BV and hope for a complementary upgrade BV -> DBV as Hilton Gold?

Just to get a clear picture my stay would be

1 night : WV -> will pay upgrade to DBV
1 night : BV (not sure what to do)
5 nights : WV -> already paid upgrade to RWV

I am hoping that they will let me stay in the DBV from the first night and not have to pay for the upgrade from BV - > DBV which would be around $300 dollars.
I would willingly pay for the upgrade from WV -> DBV on the second night as this is usually $150 but there is no WV available.
What I meant was call the resort and tell them what you want to do. If there is inventory available, they will assign 4 nights for you; 2 in BV or WV or a combination of both (you don't need to know the specifics) and they will also set aside 2 in a DBV. You will then need to then call HH in the USA and use your points and free night certificate to pay for the 2 nights in BV or WV as mentioned above. After they see it has been paid for, they will then send you an invoice for the upgrade for the two nights to DBV (giving you, say, a week to pay) and once you pay for the upgrade they will confirm the DBV for the 2 nights (and release the 2 nights in BV or WV (that you had paid for with points and cert) back into the pool of available inventory).
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:02 am

What I meant was call the resort and tell them what you want to do. If there is inventory available, they will assign 4 nights for you; 2 in BV or WV or a combination of both (you don't need to know the specifics) and they will also set aside 2 in a DBV. You will then need to then call HH in the USA and use your points and free night certificate to pay for the 2 nights in BV or WV as mentioned above. After they see it has been paid for, they will then send you an invoice for the upgrade for the two nights to DBV (giving you, say, a week to pay) and once you pay for the upgrade they will confirm the DBV for the 2 nights (and release the 2 nights in BV or WV (that you had paid for with points and cert) back into the pool of available inventory).
MaldivesFreak,

Thank you for the response.
This sounds like a great idea! I will try this out and see what happens.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:20 am

Yup. You have nothing to lose! Best of luck. Let us know what the outcome is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.