Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
On a side note: reservations at the W=A are now open. For the dates I looked at (in October 2019 and February 2020), rooms start at $2000++ / night or 748k points / night.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by goliath
On a side note: reservations at the W=A are now open. For the dates I looked at (in October 2019 and February 2020), rooms start at $2000++ / night or 748k points / night.
So, the award chart is just a suggestion now? Or is every room a "suite"?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I think/hope the proper points rates are just not loaded yet. None of the rooms can actually be booked on points online, it says "please call..." on all the points rates.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
I think/hope the proper points rates are just not loaded yet. None of the rooms can actually be booked on points online, it says "please call..." on all the points rates.
Some European Hilton properties play games like this, too, where they don't offer a "Standard Room" at all.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond and United Global Services
I have an OWV booked from May 9 - 18 and yesterday sent an e-mail to the local reservations team stating that I heard that the OWV's were going to be renovated and asked if my trip was going to be impacted. Still waiting for reply but will let everyone know once I hear back.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:07 pm

Just booked a five night stay with points. Hadn't seen this referenced, but I was charged $60. Is this usual? Not a big deal, but hadn't been charged a fee with award stays before.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
Just booked a five night stay with points. Hadn't seen this referenced, but I was charged $60. Is this usual? Not a big deal, but hadn't been charged a fee with award stays before.
Did you book online or over the phone? The website is not charging that fee. And did they give you any information on what kind of fee?

An aside - I might have paid this in the past and not even thought about it. The mandatory seaplane charge is enough that I would probably gloss over a $60 booking fee or any similar nonsense.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond and United Global Services
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Did you book online or over the phone? The website is not charging that fee. And did they give you any information on what kind of fee?

An aside - I might have paid this in the past and not even thought about it. The mandatory seaplane charge is enough that I would probably gloss over a $60 booking fee or any similar nonsense.
I have an 8 night stay in May all on points and I wasn't charged a fee as of yet. Maybe it will show up on my invoice? I have never been charged a fee on any previous Hilton points reservation. I would inquire as to the fee.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
I said the same thing about a week ago, not sure if it's a new thing or not. There has been no other DP's so I'm still not sure whether it's new for all bookings, only for bookings in 2019 or what.

Originally Posted by NightFury1
I've made a couple of bookings and cancellations for Jan 2020 due to still finalizing dates. Switched from Jan 10th to Jan 22nd. Noticed that I am charged $60 USD for taxes. I've never had this before when booking in 2019 or even the Jan 10th booking, anyone else getting this for bookings?
My two bookings in mid and late Jan 2020 has had the $60 fee while my third one in Jan 10th 2020 does not. My guess is that it's a new fee going forward for all bookings.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Nstaskey
I have an OWV booked from May 9 - 18 and yesterday sent an e-mail to the local reservations team stating that I heard that the OWV's were going to be renovated and asked if my trip was going to be impacted. Still waiting for reply but will let everyone know once I hear back.
This is the response I recieved when I asked the same question a couple weeks ago....

Thank you for your e-mail.

Sorry for the delay to reply your e-mail.

2018 some of our Deluxe Beach Villas have been renovated.

We are planning to carry out renovation for the balance of Deluxe Beach Villa this year to uplift our resort.

However, at this moment we do not have any confirmed plan for renovation on water villas, especially closing one of our island.

All the Deluxe Beach Villas are situated in the main Island, while you have booked a Water Villa which is situated in Water Villa Island.

Please find attached map of the Island for you to have an idea of all our Villas situated at both Islands

If we have any additional renovation project, we will communicate through on our website.

Deluxe Beach Villas in total will be refurbished in blocks throughout. Work will be carried out throughout the day and will not impact the island’s tranquil environment.

We will be closing the paths through the worksite; however alternative paths and walkways are marked with sign boards around the island.

The resort comprises three islands, one being for team members and maintenance workshops. This will assist us to conduct the majority of the heavy works, and assembly on the team member island which is farthest from guest areas, thereby minimizing as much noise as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or if we can assist you in any way.

Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

This is the response I recieved when I asked the same question a couple weeks ago....

Thank you for your e-mail.

Sorry for the delay to reply your e-mail.

2018 some of our Deluxe Beach Villas have been renovated.

We are planning to carry out renovation for the balance of Deluxe Beach Villa this year to uplift our resort.

However, at this moment we do not have any confirmed plan for renovation on water villas, especially closing one of our island.

All the Deluxe Beach Villas are situated in the main Island, while you have booked a Water Villa which is situated in Water Villa Island.

Please find attached map of the Island for you to have an idea of all our Villas situated at both Islands

If we have any additional renovation project, we will communicate through on our website.

Deluxe Beach Villas in total will be refurbished in blocks throughout. Work will be carried out throughout the day and will not impact the island’s tranquil environment.

We will be closing the paths through the worksite; however alternative paths and walkways are marked with sign boards around the island.

The resort comprises three islands, one being for team members and maintenance workshops. This will assist us to conduct the majority of the heavy works, and assembly on the team member island which is farthest from guest areas, thereby minimizing as much noise as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or if we can assist you in any way.

I would love to see Rangali renovate the water villas - they are really out of date especially considering other new properties in the Maldives. However, it looks like that may not be in the cards for this year based on the email above. The comment - “especially closing one of our islands” makes me think they are considering only a targeted refurb of a section of villa (I would think the base water villas as they look the worst). Although really who knows, all speculation at this point.

Probably best thing to do is make plans as if no Reno and maybe be pleasantly surprised
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:48 pm

Weren't the standard OWV refurbished more recently than say the Superior?? When the plunge pools were added to Standard OWV etc?? The Superior and Deluxe OWV could use a face lift too ,,, but hopefully not when I'm there

Plus, I bet CR is holding back re disclosing renovations ... "check our web site ..."
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy

Booked online. All points. I don’t recall seeing a $60 fee anywhere on the confirmation page which is sort of what bugs me - it was just sent in the email confirmation (380,000 points plus $60 in taxes). Seems odd that they can just throw it in there after the fact - but perhaps I just didn’t look closely enough on the final booking page.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:47 pm

It's the $6/person/nt. green tax I believe. It started showing up on an award redemption when I made a change to an existing reservation.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:37 am

Sneaky Hilton jerks put the fee only on my email too. I always review EVERYTHING on bookings, including the terms. Putting my trust into Hilton no longer (why I didn't review the email after the booking) as I know it wasn't anywhere in my booking including the terms. I just tried to replicate it with 1 more night - They don't disclose it. Misleading! A deal breaker for me and my 7 nights is going to be cash with another hotel. It's not even disclosed on the details under "Manage reservations."

Last edited by scwam; Feb 8, 2019 at 2:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.