Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CHSDOC
How timely! I just emailed for our April 8 arrival. 5 nights.

So if money is not an object, what room would be the ideal upgrade?
Here's what I received for the 2nd week of April

Warm Greetings from Conrad Maldives Rangali Island!

We are pleased to provide special discounted rates for the villa upgrade, as you are our Diamond member. Upgrade can be made subject to room availability of the resort upon confirmation.

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD133.67 per night Inclusive of Tax

Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD53.47 per night Inclusive of Tax

Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax

Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.98 per night Inclusive of Tax

Water Villa to Premier Water Villa - additional USD1110.77 per night Inclusive of Tax

Do let us know as soon as possible to confirm an upgrade.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm regards
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by JRV62
Here's what I received for the 2nd week of April

Warm Greetings from Conrad Maldives Rangali Island!

We are pleased to provide special discounted rates for the villa upgrade, as you are our Diamond member. Upgrade can be made subject to room availability of the resort upon confirmation.

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD133.67 per night Inclusive of Tax

Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD53.47 per night Inclusive of Tax

Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax

Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.98 per night Inclusive of Tax

Water Villa to Premier Water Villa - additional USD1110.77 per night Inclusive of Tax

Do let us know as soon as possible to confirm an upgrade.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm regards
What day did you receive your upgrade quote? I think you beat me by a few days and scored a better rate because of it. Which upgrade did you end up taking? Looks like we will be there the same week. Maybe we will bump into each other!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:50 pm

I recently prebooked the Whale Shark experience (few days ago) and did get a $50 per person discount.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by JRV62
From the dive centre we run our Whale Shark Talk &Tour excursion three times per week (Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays), starting at 0830 with an informative briefing about whale sharks, behaviour, and our code of conduct for swimming with them (please note that this is a snorkel activity!). We depart the island by speedboat at 0900 and reach the hotspot in approximately 20 minutes. Once we arrive there is a lot of searching involved to find them as the reef is over 30km in length and the whale sharks can be anywhere in the area. Once located we jump into the water with our experienced guides for a once in a lifetime experience. We return to the Conrad by around 1230. The cost per person is $200++ and the spaces are limited to 12 person per trip, however we are able to offer you a pre-booking rate of $150++ per person. Please note that we can only offer the excursion to guests over the age of 12 and that are good swimmers as this is paramount for in water safety on the excursion. The currents and ocean conditions can be a bit rougher sometimes and there can be high boat traffic with other snorkelers in the water around the whale sharks. These conditions are unfortunately out of our control. We do like to draw to everyone attention that whale sharks are wild animals so we cannot guarantee that we will for certain see them on the trip, there is also an element of luck involved. When conditions are good the chance to see them is approximately 80-90%; however lunar phases, wind and cloud conditions will reduce the odds. If conditions are such that we do not think there is a good chance to see whale sharks we will postpone the excursion at no charge.
Great info, Have added it to the wiki and modified the Snorkelling section title to Snorkelling & Whale Shark Snokelling.

And thanks for the latest upgrade quotes, guys.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by mdg197777
Note that the original email did not offer an upgrade for the Superior Water VIlla. I wrote back asking if there was availability and for a quote and received this back:

We do have a couple of Superior Water Villas available during your stay at the moment.Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.
By that I presume she meant Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night

I wrote back countering at $60++ per night which was accepted within an hour. Perhaps, I should have pushed harder... In any case, I am happy with the cost of SWV upgrade.
I think you did OK since there were only 2 left. I doubt they would have accepted a further reduction (lowest rate in the wiki is $35++) with only 2 remaining SWVs.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:58 am

Does anyone know where the extra bed goes in the SVW? Thanks!

Last edited by mdg197777; Feb 12, 2019 at 1:05 am
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
By that I presume she meant Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night

I presumed as much as well. I didn’t feel like wasting an email going back just to correct her so I just went ahead with my $60++ counter. That sealed the deal. Felt lucky to grab the SWV at that price to be honest.

Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:23 am

I presumed as much as well. I didn’t feel like wasting an email going back just to correct her so I just went ahead with my $60++ counter. That sealed the deal. Felt lucky to grab the SWV at that price to be honest.

What email are you using? I've written 2 days ago and have not gotten a response.

Interesting that the RWV upgrade is less than the DWV??
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
What day did you receive your upgrade quote? I think you beat me by a few days and scored a better rate because of it. Which upgrade did you end up taking? Looks like we will be there the same week. Maybe we will bump into each other!
2-3 weeks ago, we ended up going with the SWV also. See you there!!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:02 am

Yeah, the upgrade to DBV is always the same amount as to the SWV.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by CHSDOC
What email are you using? I've written 2 days ago and have not gotten a response.

Interesting that the RWV upgrade is less than the DWV??
This interests me as well - any idea why this is, FTers? Is it a location thing? Was it more recently refurbed? RWV seems way bigger.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:20 am

If you do a cash upgrade in advanced - is there still a chance you can get a further (free) upgrade upon arrival?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
This interests me as well - any idea why this is, FTers? Is it a location thing? Was it more recently refurbed? RWV seems way bigger.
I'd like the opinion as well. Just my hunch is the DWV doesn't seem worth the extra.

Right now I'm think I'll take the SWV for $60. But I'm considering upgrading to the RWV for 2 nights--my hesitation is my wife's reluctance to pack up and move in the middle of a stay.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by guy_listening
Would arriving at 3:15 PM from Doha give enough time to make the same day seaplane transfer? I know the wiki says guests with arriving flights until 4:00 PM, but it would be too close with bags, customs, etc.?
I asked this question as I was looking at booking the 315pm QR arrival flight. They said it's no problem.

In the end I booked the Midday arrival flight, though.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I forget if I asked this question years ago, so apologies if it's a dupe or simply a known thing to the regulars in this thread. I'm getting close to a booking a trip for a Feb 2020 travel date.

Is this Conrad considered the best hotel in the world to book a guaranteed overwater bungalow using a sane amount of hotel points, possibly with a sane amount of cash to upgrade? (By "sane", I'm accepting 95k for the base overwater villa plus the upgrade rates posted here if I want something better.)

I have plenty of Hilton and Marriott points to cover a 5-night stay. This is kind of a bucket list thing that will be part of a broader Asia trip, but being in the Maldives specifically isn't a requirement.

The Marriott options seem to be Garden Villas with *huge* upgrade premiums (thousands of dollars over 5 nights) to get to an overwater villa. The W=A option looks like it will cost 4x as many points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.