Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by elpee1979
Any of these worth it? We do plan to enjoy drinks even though it will be expensive. Would plan to try Atoll 3-4 nights of a 7 night stay

Half Board - USD110++pp daily buffet dinner at Atoll Market or USD110 credit to be used at another restaurant (excluded are Rangali bar, Quiet zone bar, in-villa dining)
Full Board - USD165++pp adds lunch at Mandhoo or Ufaa
Full Board w/ beverages USD220++pp adds house wines, beers, selected cocktails at meal only
How much is the daily buffet dinner at Atoll Market? Are there any links to recent menus with price-lists to see the options at the various restaurants?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Thanks, the Full Board seems like excellent value if you do not Diamond/Gold status. If you do have status however, $55 for lunch and then getting $110 credit at dinner seems quite good value in any case. But then again, you could almost skip lunch if you have a big/late breakfast.
That's really the equation. For me (and anyone else in the U.S. with an at least passable credit score), acquiring status is trivial. With breakfast, tea, and happy hour included, the board packages are a much harder sell.

That said - if any resort management are reading this - if you take away those status-linked benefits, I would probably opt for Koh Samui or Bora Bora instead.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:25 am

Hi,
point of reference. For our stay 18th-28th of March we have been provided today following paid upgrade prices. Basis is the Water Villa.

​​​​​​· Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD133.67 per night Inclusive of Tax
· Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
· Water Villa to Family Water Villa - additional USD799.44 per night Inclusive of Tax
· Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.98 per night Inclusive of Tax
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by bivinco
Hi,
point of reference. For our stay 18th-28th of March we have been provided today following paid upgrade prices. Basis is the Water Villa.

​​​​​​· Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD133.67 per night Inclusive of Tax
· Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
· Water Villa to Family Water Villa - additional USD799.44 per night Inclusive of Tax
· Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.98 per night Inclusive of Tax
SWV sold out I'm assuming?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Thanks, the Full Board seems like excellent value if you do not Diamond/Gold status. If you do have status however, $55 for lunch and then getting $110 credit at dinner seems quite good value in any case. But then again, you could almost skip lunch if you have a big/late breakfast.
I'd clarify if the 110 credit is 110++ or 85.47++ if you opt for this.
I got a great half board deal a few years ago when paying to stay and although I forget the exact figures, the credit you could use elsewhere was not ++. In other words if they advertised it as 110 they meant 85.47++
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I'd clarify if the 110 credit is 110++ or 85.47++ if you opt for this.
I got a great half board deal a few years ago when paying to stay and although I forget the exact figures, the credit you could use elsewhere was not ++. In other words if they advertised it as 110 they meant 85.47++
I think you’re probably right. It seems intentionally vague. Here’s the way it’s phrased in the email I got:

Half Board: To upgrade the meal plan to half board basis, there is an additional rate of USD110.00 per adult per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST (in total USD135.52 net per adult per night). It includes daily daily buffet dinner in our Atoll Market restaurant. If you are not dining in Atoll Market for dinner, alternatively you can dine around in all other restaurants and you are entitled to a food credit of USD110.00 net per adult per night except our Quite Zone, Rangali Bar and In-villa dinning (room service). Half board does not include beverages and any unused credit will neither be refunded nor forwarded to the next day.

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that these plans are not worth it. As I read more menus, etc, I see that there is a decent range of options for F&B. Fully expect to pay high prices, but didn’t want to do 7x$600 dinners. Seems possible to find a happy medium between that and trying to live off freebies for a week. Neither extreme seems like a satisfying vacation to me!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:33 pm

I've made a couple of bookings and cancellations for Jan 2020 due to still finalizing dates. Switched from Jan 10th to Jan 22nd. Noticed that I am charged $60 USD for taxes. I've never had this before when booking in 2019 or even the Jan 10th booking, anyone else getting this for bookings?

Last edited by NightFury1; Jan 30, 2019 at 7:42 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:20 pm

July Upgrade Rates

I am heading out for 10 days in late July. I was finally able to connect with someone about upgrade rates. Here was their initial offer:
Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 136.30 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 136.30 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 274.55 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 372.40 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Premier Water Villa US$ 1350.90 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night

I emailed back pointing out that the rate difference between rooms on the quote was higher than the difference listed in the Hilton site for Hilton Honors members special I saw online. So they honored the price difference between room categories and offered this;

Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 100.50 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 100.50 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 216 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 293.25 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Premier Water Villa US$ 1065.75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night

I settled on upgrading from the WV to the DBV for the 1st 3 nights and then 7 nights in the SWV. Was hoping I could them down to 90++/ night but no luck.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jamal06
I am heading out for 10 days in late July. I was finally able to connect with someone about upgrade rates. Here was their initial offer:
Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 136.30 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 136.30 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 274.55 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 372.40 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Premier Water Villa US$ 1350.90 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night

I emailed back pointing out that the rate difference between rooms on the quote was higher than the difference listed in the Hilton site for Hilton Honors members special I saw online. So they honored the price difference between room categories and offered this;

Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 100.50 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 100.50 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 216 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 293.25 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Premier Water Villa US$ 1065.75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night

I settled on upgrading from the WV to the DBV for the 1st 3 nights and then 7 nights in the SWV. Was hoping I could them down to 90++/ night but no luck.
Did they request non-refundable full payment for the upgrades in advance?

TD
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Did they request non-refundable full payment for the upgrades in advance?

TD
When they gave me the revised quote they said the rate is non - refundable and full prepayment price.

However, once I confirmed the upgrades I wanted, his reply back to me with the updated reservation said “You could pay the upgrade supplement to our front desk upon checking”.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:17 am

Currently have 2 rooms reserved for the same time period under my account. I am a diamond, the other person is a gold. Is it worth trying to get the reservation switched over or will they give them gold benefits if I tell them the HH number of the other occupants?
Any advantage to either way?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:37 am

First time on this thread/visiting Rangali.

Just logged on to share some upgrade quotes for first week of April 2019. I was told these prices were discounted due to my DM status.

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD133.67 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD53.47 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.98 per night Inclusive of Tax

Hope it helps!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:20 am

I'm a diamond member and I made an award reservation for my sister and her husband's honeymoon. I just got an email from the hotel saying that their stay will be "room only" since I am not staying with them. Is this typical? I feel terrible telling them that they will now be stuck with the breakfast cost.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by iexaltu
I'm a diamond member and I made an award reservation for my sister and her husband's honeymoon. I just got an email from the hotel saying that their stay will be "room only" since I am not staying with them. Is this typical? I feel terrible telling them that they will now be stuck with the breakfast cost.
Yes this is true. If they are in the U.S., I recommend having your sister open a Hilton Ascend card - the one that comes with the 95.00 annual fee. Then email the resort their HH number. The hotel will leave the reservation in tact under your diamond number and they will note that they are to receive the gold benefits. That fee will pay for itself in one day with breakfast, happy hour and tea. There’s no meaningful difference between diamond and gold at this property.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by mitwg
Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD133.67 per night Inclusive of Tax
This is a terrible price. There must be great demand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.