Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Here is an email I received with contact information.

It is highly recommended that special events such as Ithaa Undersea Restaurant, Koko Grill, the Wine Cellar and private beach dinners are made before arrival due the limited number of seats available. Please contact our Pre-booking team should you wish to make any reservations in advance at [email protected]

Our resort features two spas – the beautiful Overwater Spa with its glass-bottom treatment floors and the award-winning Spa Retreat. For more information on the Spa, please contact our spa team at [email protected]

Should you wish to book any excursions, please contact our Recreation team at [email protected]
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
@toocool17: Thanks, I will try this one.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by toocool17
Should you wish to book any excursions, please contact our Recreation team at [email protected]
That is an interesting email address. I wonder why the excursion department is connected to the gym. Used to be handled by Hassan in another department. Maybe he left. Ah, I know.....cost-cutting.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Nov 22, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I bet you this email is for Manesh who manages the gym (and leads the yoga classes, too). Nice guy.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:29 pm

Can't answer to who responds to emails. Hassan is still there. We interacted with him a few times at the beginning of the month and think the world of him.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:26 pm
soy

Programs: various
Should rename the 200-212 villas as 'Muraka View' as that is what dominates the view now. My wife thought it was the sea plane terminal at first and I cannot blame her, from a distance it has a certain public transit aesthetic.

Really should have painted the outside to make it fit in better, though their theory is that it will reflect the light to appear in various hues depending on conditions (even golden at times of a red sky). Also they wanted it to stand out, so I guess they succeeded with that even if it’s at the expense of those who have to look at the exterior of it

Last edited by soy; Nov 23, 2018 at 1:25 am
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:06 am

I have a friend staying their now on his honeymoon and wanted to send a bottle of Champagne to their room. I sent an email to the address on their web site and got a reply within an hour. After a few back and forths on selection and payment with Thomas all was set! In addition part of the cost counted as my $250 resort credit! Bonus.....
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by soy
Should rename the 200-212 villas as 'Muraka View' as that is what dominates the view now. My wife thought it was the sea plane terminal at first and I cannot blame her, from a distance it has a certain public transit aesthetic.

Really should have painted the outside to make it fit in better, though their theory is that it will reflect the light to appear in various hues depending on conditions (even golden at times of a red sky). Also they wanted it to stand out, so I guess they succeeded with that even if it’s at the expense of those who have to look at the exterior of it
Thanks for that. I'll make a mental note to request something above 212 on subsequent visits.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thanks for that. I'll make a mental note to request something above 212 on subsequent visits.
I was in 227 two weeks ago, and would gladly take anything higher than that. It has the deepest beach on the property right after 227. 227's lounge chairs are right up against a row of shrubs, literally the worst set of loungers for 5 rooms +/-.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:19 pm

Anyone whos been there recently have a chance to check out the renovated DBV? What was your impression of them? I'll be there in a few weeks and have requested a renovated DBV.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by captainamerica
Anyone whos been there recently have a chance to check out the renovated DBV? What was your impression of them? I'll be there in a few weeks and have requested a renovated DBV.
How can you tell if they have been renovated? I was in one two weeks ago and thought the room was outstanding.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
How can you tell if they have been renovated? I was in one two weeks ago and thought the room was outstanding.
I think the renovated ones have an indoor shower? Beside that I expect it would look less dated?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: QF / QR WP, VA plat, SQ*G, HH diamond
Does anyone have experience as staying here as a family of 5? 2 Adults and 3 Children
We are planning a trip next year and wondering which rooms to book
If I read correct only option is 2 beach Villa's?

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by SimonSyd
Does anyone have experience as staying here as a family of 5? 2 Adults and 3 Children
We are planning a trip next year and wondering which rooms to book
If I read correct only option is 2 beach Villa's?

Thanks
Your best bet would be to take a FWV.

Originally Posted by captainamerica
I think the renovated ones have an indoor shower? Beside that I expect it would look less dated?
No indoor showers. DBV pics on the website are still of the old style (click here) and pics of the newly renovated villas are a bit back in this thread.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:24 pm

Are the renovated DBV worth it? The pics sometime back were most unimpressive. Also, how big is the villa's pool. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids so need to decide which one to go for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.