Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:47 am

Excess luggage fee increased

It looks like they have increased excess luggage fee.
Before: $5 per excess 1 kg
Now: $8 per excess 1 kg
https://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/.../policies.html

A small change but it sure is annoying.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
TMA still lists USD 5 / kg. And since you are checking in with TMA and paying them directly, I wouldn't worry about what Conrad says.

At least until TMA updates their website to reflect the change as well.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23
Looking to plan points redemption at the Conrad Maldives for 2 adults & a 5 year old child. Undecided weather to do it for 5 or 6 days (I know it's only one day difference but sometimes that extra day makes a difference). Will 6 days be an overkill?
Overkill?! LOL! I suppose if you're mainland Chinese then yeah, 6 days would be overkill. I'm going to stay for 32 days in a few weeks time so I'll let you know if I reach 'overkill'.....
But seriously, 6 days will fly by like you wouldn't believe. Do at least 10-12 to experience this property fully.

Originally Posted by evergrn
I can't believe how dynamic all aspects of pricing/benefits/dining situation currently are at this property.
I JUST stayed there, and Conrad Lounge was only $55++ pps for us. (1/2 off for kids <12).
When will this dust settle?
Let me confirm the price and post back.

Originally Posted by evergrn
My flight out of MLE was around the same time as yours. You have no choice as to which seaplane you get put on. I was led to believe based on this forum prior to the trip that I'd be put on a seaplane leaving around 5-6pm. As it turned out, we got put on the 3pm one. Conrad staff said that was the last seaplane of the day (which turned out was not case). Our GSA (guest service associate) told us we would be given the confirmation regarding the time of our seaplane the afternoon before. But nobody told us, and so we had to call the GSA ~9pm the night before. That's when she told us we'd be on the 3pm flight.
Your host was, how shall I say, very much a n00b. Seems everything he or she told you was distorted in some way.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I'm going to stay for 32 days in a few weeks time so I'll let you know if I reach 'overkill'.....
But seriously, 6 days will fly by like you wouldn't believe. Do at least 10-12 to experience this property fully.
My wife said she'd live there if she could.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:39 pm

Yeah. I've considered camping out in a tent after we check-out and just staying on a few months years.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 3:58 pm

Anyone fly a drone around the resort of late? Do they still have an active drone policy?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Anyone fly a drone around the resort of late? Do they still have an active drone policy?
I had my drone with me when we were there a couple weeks ago and the policy is the same from the wiki. From my conversation with our guest liaison, you schedule a time to fly it with a staff member and you are only allowed to fly it in the area around the service dock. I never flew mine, seemed like too much work for video that would be mediocre at best based on where you could fly it. We booked a photography session at the dive shop as well as used our gear and tripod to take some extra photos where they didn't and we are happy with those.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Do they still have an active drone policy?
I certainly hope so.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:52 am

We flew EK DXB-MLE today. A ~1 hour operational delay caused us to arrive in the Maldives right when the weather turned sour. All seaplanes are now cancelled for the evening. We are in the lounge and there has been very little communication. We paid cash for a SWV and are Diamonds. Anyone experience a seaplane IROP before? What happens in these situations?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 6:48 am

Sorry to hear of your bad timing. They will put you on the next available flight which, naturally, will be determined by the weather. You won't receive compensation but travel insurance may help depending on coverage.
And I guess they will be trying to find you a suitable overnighter either on the airport island or in Male.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Dec 18, 2019 at 6:55 am
Old Dec 18, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by allengeorgea
We flew EK DXB-MLE today. A ~1 hour operational delay caused us to arrive in the Maldives right when the weather turned sour. All seaplanes are now cancelled for the evening. We are in the lounge and there has been very little communication. We paid cash for a SWV and are Diamonds. Anyone experience a seaplane IROP before? What happens in these situations?
I doubt that your Hilton Diamond status or the fact you paid cash will affect the weather conditions.

In this case the Hilton Honors is the wrong membership program, the right one has to do with god, believe...

Joking aside, bad weather happened before and will happen again, they will will either put you on a domestic flight (+ speed boat to Rangali), or a direct speedboat transfer from Male (also weather depending) or overnight in Male and take the first seaplane out of Male.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: United, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by mb123
I doubt that your Hilton Diamond status or the fact you paid cash will affect the weather conditions.

In this case the Hilton Honors is the wrong membership program, the right one has to do with god, believe...

Joking aside, bad weather happened before and will happen again, they will will either put you on a domestic flight (+ speed boat to Rangali), or a direct speedboat transfer from Male (also weather depending) or overnight in Male and take the first seaplane out of Male.

You forgot the best option. Buy a Giant Pink Flamingo Floatie and float to Rangali, just to drive MF nuts
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
BAD START

Immigration (just that part) took over an hour. We arrived at the airport Conrad lounge to be told that our flight will be in 3 hours - I would not bet on that information.

+ the sky is grey.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
It is the busiest time of the year for TMA + bad weather and cancelled flights yesterday

Last edited by tom-schmitt; Dec 19, 2019 at 2:53 am
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle

Originally Posted by soccerguy985
You forgot the best option. Buy a Giant Pink Flamingo Floatie and float to Rangali, just to drive MF nuts
Looks like they took you up on that suggestion. Spotted just now from my villa at WA Maldives.... 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.