Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Here is what I have been quoted in terms of upgrades:

Jan/Feb 2020
BV to SWV $338++
BV to DBV $412++
BV to RWV $536++
BV to DWV $742++
WV to SWV $80++
WV to DBV $150++
WV to RWV $300++
WV to DWV $520++
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:51 am

Thanks, mrflintstone. Will add to the wiki if necessary.

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Man, I can't believe no one gets wine cellar cancelled on them except for me
I even had 4 people book, only needed 2 more!
Which months did you have all the cancellations? Wouldn't happen to be July and August for most of them by any chance?

Originally Posted by Cynicor
On the plus, had Ithaa to myself for dinner twice, and randomly inbetween fully booked weeks/nights every other night. Staff couldn't believe it.
Wow, that would be awesome. So you've had your Yin and your Yang.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:36 am
jtz

Oops yes sorry I meant DBV

which restaurants are closed on certain days? Also which ones offer a buffet dinner (if any), I don't see this mentioned in the wiki.

I've contacted the email address regarding dietary requirements too, hoping it's ok for us to eat in most of them.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:51 am

That info is on Rangali's website. And don't worry, they'll accommodate your dietary requirements wherever you dine.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: American Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Staying 7 nights in a water villa booked on points in mid-October for our honeymoon! Extremely excited for our first visit to the Maldives.

Below is what I was quoted as upgrades. I countered to see if we could get to the lower end of the range in the Wiki for a SWV. WV's are now sold out for the duration of our stay. Not sure if this will help us improve our chances of getting a better upgrade rate for a SWV, since we could free up a WV if we upgrade but we are going to try!

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 100+ 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.
Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 100 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.
Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 275+ 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.
Upgrade from Water Villa to Premier Water Villa US$ 1000 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

I'll reply once we hear back from the property on my counter.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:11 am

They just got a new website

https://www.conradmaldives.com/
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:51 pm

Not sure if this has been posted yet. but here is updated Dining Information

Changes to restaurant hours from 7th June -12th July 2019
  • Vilu will be closed and Mandhoo will open for breakfast daily from 7.00-10.30
  • The Wine Cellar will be closed. Alternatively, a three course degustation dinner will be available at The Cheese and Wine bar on Tuesdays and Fridays.
  • Mandhoo will be closed on Mondays and Thursdays.
  • Sunset Grill and Ithaa will be closed on Tuesdays and Fridays.
  • Ufaa by Jereme Leung will closed on Saturdays and Wednesday.
  • Maldivian Night will not take place during this period.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:27 pm

Interesting .. is there a reason for all these changes for this specific short window?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:28 pm

Cause I will be there... LOL
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:07 pm

Ouch.....except for breakfast at Mandhoo. I guess short-staffed due to some migration over to the WA, at least until they get replacements.
Will update the wiki. Thanks for the post.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:16 pm

New owners of the Conrad got stuck dealing with staff turnover (I'm assuming WA and Conrad are owned by separate private groups). Hope the Conrad continues to retrain new employees to the hotels past standards, that's one of the reasons I chose the Conrad vs StR, et al.

Last edited by mikewhyatt; Jun 4, 2019 at 3:04 pm
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:02 pm

December on 2 trips and April- Easter, would you believe. Every time resort at or near 100%!

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thanks, mrflintstone. Will add to the wiki if necessary.

Which months did you have all the cancellations? Wouldn't happen to be July and August for most of them by any chance?

Wow, that would be awesome. So you've had your Yin and your Yang.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
So no Vilu for breakfast ... I wonder why? Last time it was closed was when they were refurbishing the quiet zone and I think Vilu was closed for dinner then also? Or was it?

Breakfast at Mandhoo is totally fine with me anyway!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
So no Vilu for breakfast ... I wonder why? Last time it was closed was when they were refurbishing the quiet zone and I think Vilu was closed for dinner then also? Or was it?

Breakfast at Mandhoo is totally fine with me anyway!
I was there last year (August?) and Vilu was closed for refurbishment for 30 days. Breakfast at Mandhoo is lovely.

As a heads up, when I was there, and Vilu was closed, they also stopped running the dhoni shuttle from the main island across the lagoon to the dock next to Vilu, except on demand. If you want to go from the Vilu dock to the main island, you have to pick up the phone at the reception desk near Vilu and ask for the dhoni and then the send it over from the main island.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:03 am

Does that mean that the free diamond breakfast is at Mandhoo? Also i know Alcohol can not be brought into the Maldives, can I bring in cigars?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.