Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:37 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
What sort of confirmation are you looking for? The hotel's site says the exec lounge will be closed on January 9 because of a temporary electrical outage due to a periodic inspection that will take place on that date. You don't believe the site?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The Executive Lounge will close 9th Jan and the pool on the 9th – 13th Jan, 2012 for maintenance. A temporary electrical outage due to a periodic inspection will take place on 9th & 22nd Jan, 2012.

This is what confirmations are showing. Worth confirming either way.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:08 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Worth confirming either way.
Ok, I'll bite one last time.

Who here on FT is going to know and confirm that the exec lounge will be closed on January 9?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:09 pm
alc

I am going to this Conrad in Jan and I did rec'd a separate email (not my confirmation email) that state the Pool will be closed from Jan 9 to Jan 14, but it didn't state anything about the Lounge.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
Who here on FT is going to know and confirm that the exec lounge will be closed on January 9?
I won't be staying there, but if Japan says it won't be opened w/ power outages, prepare for that fact.

Spock Seat. @:-)
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
It reads- will close 9th Jan. Does not say- will be closed on 9th Jan. There is a difference and I have contacted the Hotel directly.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:08 am

The Hotel was appreciative of this being brought to their attention.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by geclub1
The only blemish for our stay was that I was charged 3500Yen per day for my kid's lounge access.
Generally, breakfast in the restaurant is limited to two people, but I thought lounge access would be complimentary for all occupants in the room. Is that not true of all Hilton properties?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I stayed with my family 2 years ago, 2 rooms booked with points, and all of us had free EL access(also in the same trip, at the Hilton Tokyo and Hilton Osaka, on paid rates).
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:48 pm
jmw

If two guests with no status are going on a HHonors award stay for 6 nights to this hotel, is it worth it for one of them to do a 4 stay fast track to Gold? They will definitely make use of the free breakfast, free Internet, and exec lounge privileges. I understand that the exec lounge upgrade is not guaranteed, which is a bummer and might possibly screw with the worth it/not worth it calculations. If there are cheap breakfast or bars nearby, that would matter too, but I find that unlikely in this part of town.

The net cost of doing the fast track would be about $150-$200 in mattress runs. Any insights appreciated.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Over six days, internet access will run you ~$150 (2,000 JPY per day) at the Conrad. If you headed to the Starbucks in the Pedi Shiodome complex right outside the hotel, a breakfast for two -- a tall cappuccino and a small muffin each -- will cost about $95 in total for that stay (1,220 JPY per day).

Seems like getting free internet and breakfast for less than $200 would be an obvious win, even if one doesn't get the executive floor upgrade (rooms are just the same anyway).
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NickW
Over six days, internet access will run you ~$150 (2,000 JPY per day) at the Conrad. If you headed to the Starbucks in the Pedi Shiodome complex right outside the hotel, a breakfast for two -- a tall cappuccino and a small muffin each -- will cost about $95 in total for that stay (1,220 JPY per day).

Seems like getting free internet and breakfast for less than $200 would be an obvious win, even if one doesn't get the executive floor upgrade (rooms are just the same anyway).
I thought no lounge for a Gold unless they are in an exec room, and only Diamonds get the Lounge even if they werent upgraded
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by craz
I thought no lounge for a Gold unless they are in an exec room, and only Diamonds get the Lounge even if they werent upgraded
Sure, but it doesn't make any difference to the arithmetic: internet is always free for a Gold; and breakfast will either be in the Executive Lounge (if upgraded) or with the pair of complimentary Continental breakfast coupons (if not).
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NickW
Sure, but it doesn't make any difference to the arithmetic: internet is always free for a Gold; and breakfast will either be in the Executive Lounge (if upgraded) or with the pair of complimentary Continental breakfast coupons (if not).
That complimentary bfst costs a person 1000 pts, and I wouldnt expect much more then a glass of OJ,cup of coffee and a piece of danish a BW may even give more. But I guess its better then buying whatnot @ Starbucks

The lounge for bfst is very nice at the Conrad, they have a chef making you what you want to order
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:59 pm
jmw

Thanks for the feedback. The 1000 points for the 6 night stay is not worth it considering its 2 people for 6 nights even if the cont breakfast downstairs is mess hall quality. I would like to know what's the actual content of the cont breakfast is downstairs for Golds if they don't get upgraded to exec.

I'm also hoping that the travel doldrums in Tokyo will mean exec rooms are easier to get. One of the conventions that I was thinking of going to moved to southern Japan due to continued radiation concerns. I'm guessing many others have moved or postponed as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.