Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2003, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

A Japanese newspaper reported that the Hilton group will open a Conrad in a part of a building currently underconstruction in Tokyo's Shiodome redevelopment area, after Starwood gave up a plan to open a St. Regis in that building.

It will be named the Conrad Tokyo and use the 1st to 3rd floors and 28-37th floors of the 37-floor Tokyo Shiodome Building. Around 300 rooms. An average room size is around 48 square meters, which is one of the largest in Tokyo. Expected room charges will be around 30,000-40,000 yen.

The newspaper, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, noted that it is rare that the hotel ownership changes after building construction began.

The Shiodome area is very close to the Ginza shopping area.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 7:31 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The Hilton Tokyo has always been good to us. Hilton does need a "higher end" product in Tokyo. We also love options. Hope it happens.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 10:09 am
Suspended

I wished they would lower their prices....but that's Tokyo!
Old Nov 29, 2003, 8:35 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
I wished they would lower their prices....but that's Tokyo!</font>
mmm thats about the size and price over at the Park Hyatt, and the new Grand Hyatt is about Y30,000 per night, when it's not sold out... Great to see some more options in Tokyo tho.
Old May 18, 2004, 9:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I just saw this on the Conrad web site:

Conrad Tokyo
Scheduled to open in Spring 2005, Japan's first Conrad hotel will feature 296 luxurious rooms. The hotel will be located in the top 10 floors of a 37-storey multi-purpose tower in the middle of the heart of Tokyo's Shiodome precinct and will offer stunning views over Hamarikyu Gardens, Rainbow Bridge and the Shiodome estate.

The Conrad Tokyo will boast the biggest banquet facilities in Shiodome including three restaurants providing spectacular views, a grand ballroom which seats 400, and a junior ballroom. Other facilities will include three purpose-built boardrooms, a wedding chapel, a 25-metre lap pool and a 1464m² gym and spa centre offering a haven for relaxation and rejuvenation.

Shiodome is an inner city office, retail and entertainment development project located mid way between Ginza, the world's most expensive real estate, and Tokyo's famous Hamarikyu Gardens. The precinct has excellent infrastructure including subway and train links, direct expressway access to Rainbow Bridge, and easy connections to Haneda and Narita Airports.

FAST FACTS
• 231 deluxe rooms
• 65 superior suites
• Minimum room size of 48m²
• Three meter high ceilings and full ceiling-to-floor front windows
• Grand ballroom which seats 400 and a junior ballroom
• Three restaurants
• Biggest banquet facilities in Shiodome
• Three purpose-built boardrooms
• Wedding chapel
• 25-metre lap pool
• 1464m² gym and spa centre
Old Apr 11, 2005, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Comments on new Conrad Tokyo appreciate.

I noticed a new Conrad will open in Tokyo in July 2005. Any comments appreciated. Location? Subway access? Will it have a Executive Club Lounge? Worth a GLONP booking? Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:09 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Conrad Tokyo is located on Shiodome area ( Shinbashi ). It is nearby Shiodome station ( Tokyo metro Shiodome station and Yurikamome Shiodome stastion ) and Shinbashi station ( JR and Tokyo metro ). I guess that it takes 15 mins from JR Tokyo station by cab. I have not checked the hotel HP yet, but ikyu.com is selling the only suite rooms from 74,000JPY( city view ) for a single rate per a night. There are two view rooms, one is the city view and the other is the garden view.
RTWSTARALLIANCE, I need no break!
http://www.ikyu.com/datas/00000943x.htm
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:16 am

Thank you Yasuki. I'll be in Japan next month and happy to buy you a drink. Thank you for the information. Let us all keep this page going since it is obvious we really do not know that much about this property. If it wasn't opening in any other month than July I would consider a CMR (comfort mileage run) to check it out. Hot and humid.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 6:07 pm

Conrad Tokyo- interview w/ GM

http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=executive&id=188

From the intro:

On July 1, the 290-room Conrad Tokyo will open on the top 10 floors of the 37-story Tokyo Shiodome Building. German Jan Monkedieck will be there as general manager of the city's newest 5-star hotel.

Headquartered in Brussels, Conrad is the luxury side of the Hilton brand. The Royal Suite, for example, will cost 500,000 yen a night, while 68 other suites of 70 sq meters will be 80,000 yen.

It will be the luxury hotel group's first hotel in Japan. All rooms are modeled on a "city" or "garden" concept according to their views. The rooms have full ceiling-to-floor windows offering panoramic views of Hamarikyu Gardens, the Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo Bay. Three restaurants will include one by world-famous British chef Gordon Ramsay.
Old May 2, 2005, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Other threads say that July 1 is the opening date for this property. The hotel's website however just says opening July 2005 (no exact date in July). Doesn't look like reservations are yet being accepted for any date.

I emailed to ask them about their opening date. Haven't heard back yet.

Website sure makes it look like an impressive property. At Tokyo hotel prices, this will probably be a good use of a GLONP2 especially considering the alternative, Hilton at Shinjuku, is a category 6.

Can any Tokyo natives or frequent visitors comment on the new Conrad's location relative to worthwhile tourist activities/sights? I'm potentially going to be a first-time visitor to Tokyo this summer.
Old May 3, 2005, 5:15 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Saw a NHK news report "lifestyle" section a couple months back on TV when they profiled several newcomers to Tokyo "premium" hotel landscape. Conrad was one of the hotels featured.

It looks like a lot of Asian Conrads - minimalist, new-edge rooms with Japanese tea service set. Lobby was minimalist (like Conrad BKK) as well. A large portion of the news segment on the Conrad talked about how the European GM was selecting tabletops for the restaurants with a flower motif.
Old May 3, 2005, 4:10 pm

I personally inspected the exterior of this hotel last month (April) and took a peek inside the lobby. It looks fabulous. The location is tremendously convenient for subway and monorail access. Those who have stayed at the InterContinental Tokyo Bay will be familiar with the monorail line that goes through this area, however the location of the Conrad is much more convenient than the IC. I'm looking forward to experiencing this property as a guest!
Old May 3, 2005, 6:44 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I believe that Gordon Ramsay will be operating a restaurant in the new Conrad... will be interesting to see how the Japanese respond to given the formidable competition in the city already for fine dining (Beige by Alain Ducasse, Robuchon, etc etc
Old May 6, 2005, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Update - an email from the hotel confirmed July 1 as the opening date. They will begin accepting reservations on May 19.
Old May 6, 2005, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Hmmm.....I wonder if this will be another non-HHonors redemption hotel (ala Conrad Waldorf Towers....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.