Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I have never seen a case where paying for 2 was any less than paying for 3.

As a Gold, I was always afforded full breakfast for three. As a Diamond, I was always afforded full access to the club and full breakfast for all three people.
As far as I can tell, at this property there is a price differential depending on if the booking is made for 2 or 3 people.

If I understand correctly you have booked for 2, but stayed 3, and received benefits for all 3 people?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
As far as I can tell, at this property there is a price differential depending on if the booking is made for 2 or 3 people.

If I understand correctly you have booked for 2, but stayed 3, and received benefits for all 3 people?
No. I have always booked for three here, as there was no difference from booking for two.

I have booked for two and stayed three at Hilton Tokyo Bay. I received exactly two breakfasts on that occasion.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
No. I have always booked for three here, as there was no difference from booking for two.
Sorry, was going by this post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28326840-post28.html) in the "2nd Guest Stays Free" thread where you indicated it was a 2 guest booking. But maybe this was the Hilton?

Any idea how much the hotel would charge for the rollaway if we show up 3 people on a 2 guest booking and they don't honor (perhaps rightly so) the 2nd guest stays free benefit?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Sorry, was going by this post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28326840-post28.html) in the "2nd Guest Stays Free" thread where you indicated it was a 2 guest booking. But maybe this was the Hilton?
Wow, I totally forgot that! Thanks for proving me wrong. Glad I write things down for posterity.

That would have been my fifth or sixth stay at this property, so perhaps being a repeater had something to do with it.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by flapland
Sadly dates I am in Osaka all bar one date is blacked out however now have a quandry on if to stay at the Conrad Tokyo in a Exec Suite or keep my Club Twin booking at Prince Gallery. The former we did two years ago and loved and the later has had lots of great reviews and look stunning. Price difference between existing reservation for four nights late December and the Flash Sale rates at Conrad is only £170 more for the Conrad for the whole stay. Basically toss up between more space and known quantity and less space but perhaps nicer hotel and Club.
Ok, to update others we have decided to go back to Conrad as the Suite is so good especially the extra space over a 4 day stay. Booked last night for 26-30 Dec on the 50% Flash Sale and already noticed offer is sold out for those dates when looking tonight.

Can't wait as now less than five weeks away.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia

Any idea how much the hotel would charge for the rollaway if we show up 3 people on a 2 guest booking and they don't honor (perhaps rightly so) the 2nd guest stays free benefit?
We stayed here once last year with 2 adults and 2 children after booking 1 adult and 2 children by applying the “2nd guest stays free” logic. No issue with 4 persons in one twin room. We didn’t need a rollaway as our 12 yr old slept on the couch near the window after getting some extra blankets and pillows.

At check in they wanted to charge us an additional fee for the children’s lounge access and breakfast, but I was able to talk them out of that.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by shonanroger
We stayed here once last year with 2 adults and 2 children after booking 1 adult and 2 children by applying the “2nd guest stays free” logic. No issue with 4 persons in one twin room. We didn’t need a rollaway as our 12 yr old slept on the couch near the window after getting some extra blankets and pillows.

At check in they wanted to charge us an additional fee for the children’s lounge access and breakfast, but I was able to talk them out of that.
Thank you for the input. I have emailed the hotel but haven't received a response more than 24h later. Might just go ahead and book a room for two guests and hope for the best.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:28 pm

Just called Conrad Tokyo and received the following information - hopefully an interesting data point for other people looking to book this property.

The "2nd Guest Stays Free" is applicable for the 3 guests as well (pay for 2, stay 3), but Diamond benefits (e.g. breakfast and lounge access) are not extended to the 3rd guest

If booking (and paying) for 3 guests - which is generally comes at a JPY 3,750 premium compared to a 2 guest booking - Diamond benefits are extended to all three guests.

Last edited by Kilian Zoll; Nov 22, 2017 at 9:01 pm
Old Nov 24, 2017, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Gold Points Stay

View from City View Room
We checked in last night for a short two-night points stay. We did check-in via the app and selected a city-view room all the way at the the end of the hall XX42. This turned out to be a good option as there's a nice view of the Skytree that we couldn't see from the restaurant. We asked about a bay view room at check-in and were told that none were available for the first night but they could move us the second; it wasn't worth the bother to us.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:38 pm

Had a recent stay, 11-18 through the 22nd. Diamond, checked in on the app to a twin exec bay view room the day before, didn't get a further upgrade upon check in. It was a holiday week and it seems the hotel was very full. But the twin exec room was more than spacious enough since I was more or less there alone. Breakfast in the lounge and restaurant were excellent, although I know japanese style eggs (rather runny) are not to everyone's tastes. The concierge helped arranged 2 dinner reservations that went well. The bell desk also were great, accepted a package a few days before my arrival and having it ready in my room, as well as accepting my wifi replacement and having it sent up. I did not get to partake in the tea service or evening offerings sadly as I had quite a few activities during my trip. Would return another time for sure, the metro accessibility was better than the PH or andaz imo (for being at a comparable level)
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by gummibar
Do take note that this Flash Sale only covers for stays up till June 2018. Read the terms and conditions.
Ended up with booking five nights from 25-30th of June, hoping for another flash sale sometime soon so we can get another five days from 1-5th of July.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:41 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Conrad Tokyo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.