Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by illesus
I'm a Hilton Diamond and I've booked a 5 nights reservation (only King bed was available) for mid-July. I emailed the hotel that it will be four of us (2 kids under 10) and requested the possibility to put us in a double bed room. The response was 1. hotel will be full, no upgrade can be expected, 2. pay extra 7,500JPY exclude tax and service charge per night for a roll-away bed, 3. pay extra 3,500JPY exclude tax and service charge per night and person for the kids for lounge access....
Well, former posts do not indicate that there was extra charge for the kids.
I received a similar answer for a stay approx. one year ago, with the difference that the price for the extra bed was JPY 7,000 at that time. During check in I was able to talk them out of the extra lounge charges for the kids, and we didn't make use of the extra bed. The sitting area with the sofa on the window of the executive twin room was large enough to accommodate one of our kids.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:30 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by 22cents
Stayed 3 nights at Conrad Tokyo 2 weeks ago, booked through Amex FHR with 3rd Night Free + US$125 F&B Credit. Upgraded from city view to executive bayview on 36F, everything is fine to me.
I've looked through both this thread, and the FHR thread, and no luck answering this question so far. Does anyone know if the third night is removed from the bill at checkout, or charged and then refunded by Amex? I called Amex, but the agent did not know the answer either.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Originally Posted by illesus
No, I booked the room independently of FT as some hotels explicitly prohibit 2 adults and 2 kids. The booking can be cancelled.
I cancelled my booking, so I won't be able to report back to you. My SNAs cleared at an SPG hotel for 5 nights ^.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:30 am

In house right now. I still like this hotel, but having just left Grand Hyatt Tokyo, I'm starting to really appreciate how special Grand Hyatt is.

1. Lounge experience in GH is just wonderful. Food offering is phenomenal with high quality items. Not so much at Conrad, but then again, it could be personal.
2. Conrad rooms are newer, but GH maintains and updates very well. GH design is timeless - I don't think it ever received major renovations since early 2000s. GH has outlets at night stands, Conrad doesn't.
3. Grand Hyatt bathroom is just divine - superb toilet with all the features one could want. Conrad shower is a bit tight, toilet only has washlet and not as hi-tech as Grand Hyatt's.

Still, during flash-sale, Conrad Tokyo offers good value - so I am not crossing this one off my Tokyo list yet.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
1. Lounge experience in GH is just wonderful. Food offering is phenomenal with high quality items. Not so much at Conrad, but then again, it could be personal.
I take it you haven't had breakfast at Conrad Tokyo yet?

There's a chef in the Conrad Executive lounge that will make omelettes for you. If that isn't enough, you can actually go to the restaurant for the full breakfast buffet there. Good luck with either at GHT.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I take it you haven't had breakfast at Conrad Tokyo yet?
I did, a number of times. Breakfast at Conrad is wonderful - their French Toast w apple compote is my favorite. But while selection at Conrad's restaurant is far more superior than GH's Lounge, I was amazed at the quality of the GH's breakfast offerings. This morning they had kiwi, musk melon, strawberry, blueberry, cherry and grapefruit. All incredibly tasty. I am happy with salads and scrambled eggs, so again, GH Lounge works just fine for me. I don't think I've seen that nice of fruit selection at Conrad's restaurant, let alone the Lounge. I will check in the morning to see.

Yesterday morning I found a new favorite at GH Lounge - the almond croissant. Gosh, what a delicious morsel of sin.

Sorry, this post is not Conrad bashing. I like this property a lot, but I am merely pointing out differences as I am having a back-to-back stay at both.

PS: Another observation - toiletries not replenished at Conrad's turndown and they didn't supply the Refinery products as per my request (and should've been in my profile). At GH Tokyo, toiletries are restocked at turn down and when I arrived after check in, they already supplied my preferred toiletries as per my profile.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:34 am

Sorry, this post is not Conrad bashing. I like this property a lot, but I am merely pointing out differences as I am having a back-to-back stay at both.
I don't think, that your post is Conrad bashing.

To choose between GH Tokyo and Conrad Tokyo is not easy, especially if you have a high status with both programs. But you can not do something wrong by choosing one of them.

How aboout the rates? Doesn't the Conrad offer lower rates than the GH?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

In house right now. I still like this hotel, but having just left Grand Hyatt Tokyo, I'm starting to really appreciate how special Grand Hyatt is.

2. Conrad rooms are newer, but GH maintains and updates very well. GH design is timeless - I don't think it ever received major renovations since early 2000s. GH has outlets at night stands, Conrad doesn't.
3. Grand Hyatt bathroom is just divine - superb toilet with all the features one could want. Conrad shower is a bit tight, toilet only has washlet and not as hi-tech as Grand Hyatt's.

Still, during flash-sale, Conrad Tokyo offers good value - so I am not crossing this one off my Tokyo list yet.
I take it you've never been to GH's lounge when it's packed to the gills, no food is left and staffers are too busy to take your orders.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:29 pm

Never experienced over crowding at GHT lounge in the past 4 stays. Maybe I was lucky. OTOH, I had to wait for a table at Conrad Lounge early last year before they opened another space across the corridors.

BTW, morning breakfast at Cerise this morning was delightful as always. I had expected a bit of a crowd because of the Dortmund soccer team staying in hotel, but it seemed like they opened another restaurant to accommodate other guests. Last stay a few months ago I was lead to China Blue for breakfast because of full house.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow a chef that makes omelettes? That is something that is probably featured at 75% of all higher end hotels in Asia that I stay at. Hell, the normal Tokyo Hilton has a legendary breakfast spread.............
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hfly
Wow a chef that makes omelettes? That is something that is probably featured at 75% of all higher end hotels in Asia that I stay at.
But not the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, the hotel that Conrad Tokyo was being compared with.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
But not the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, the hotel that Conrad Tokyo was being compared with.
Seruously?! The GH doesn't have an omelette/egg chef?

i actually would have put the number of 4+ star hotels in Asia with an omelette person at the buffet north of 95%.

Really surprised. Anyway, while I haven't been to the GH I would assume the choice really comes down to status and location required. I'm not a large fan of the GH location but maybe I'd like it if I stayed there!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Seruously?! The GH doesn't have an omelette/egg chef?
Not in the club lounge, which is where Globalist breakfast benefit is provided.

Of course, if you wish to pay for breakfast at the hotel restaurant, a chef will make an omelet for you on request.

This benefit is available for Hilton Diamond members either in their Executive Lounge or in the restaurant (Hyatt doesn't allow you to choose)
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:15 am
Suspended

What's the Conrad Tokyo like on a one night award stay as gold honors?

On our last night of a three week tour, i'd like to be back in tokyo for the night before our flight out. we'll begin our trip with a fairly long stay at the hilton tokyo so we'll explore the city plus some day trips then. our flight out is on a sunday night, around 19h00. my guess is that we'll be pretty much exhausted by then so i was thinking that a 16h00 checkout would be perfect if we just wanted to go out a bit in the morning and then back to the hotel for a shower before the overnight flight out of NRT.
I would be grateful for any opinions on whether or not this is a good use of 95k honors points.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
I've just been told by a hilton rep that a Citi Free Weekend Night certificates cannot be used in Conrad Tokyo because they supposedly don't have a basic room even though they have standard awards availability (it's listed when clicking on pay with points) and that hotel is not in the list of excluded hotels.

Did anyone have that issue before? I find that redeeming the Weekend Night Certificates is always extremely difficult. I've had that issue before too when redeeming a certificate and it's always an hassle getting it to work

I also know multiple people that were able to redeem it before so it is weird that it seems to always be so difficult when I try.

At least, the support rep filed a support request and I hope this will be solved.

Last edited by milgom; Sep 1, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.