Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Anyone take a cab from Haneda to the Conrad recently? Was the fare arm and leg or arm and leg and then some?

Am getting in pretty late (flight lands at HND at 2140) so too late for the limo bus and don't really want to mess around with trains with 2 kids (3yearold and 3monthold) + luggage in tow so am probably going to have to bite the bullet for a cab but want to give my wallet sufficient notice to prepare.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by elleana
Anyone take a cab from Haneda to the Conrad recently? Was the fare arm and leg or arm and leg and then some?

Am getting in pretty late (flight lands at HND at 2140) so too late for the limo bus and don't really want to mess around with trains with 2 kids (3yearold and 3monthold) + luggage in tow so am probably going to have to bite the bullet for a cab but want to give my wallet sufficient notice to prepare.
Do you not trust the hotel website?

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...irections.html

Note that, in addition to the estimated 8000 yen fare, there's an additional 30% surcharge for taxi use after 11pm.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 6:07 am

Conrad Tokyo city view corner suite

I am a HHonor Diamond member . I booked a city view corner suite on DEC. weekend.
Do I have any chance to upgrade a better suite ? Anyone stayed this suite ever ?
thanks
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Wrong thread. But no chance of a better suite imo (unless fully booked etc), except maybe a bay view corner one.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:50 am

Currently in house. We didn't get a room upgrade from the original City View Suite, but received lounge access as expected. The Diamond welcome amenity is a box of two (2) pieces of madeleine - a bit underwhelming IMHO.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did it recently, the Uber rate was something like 4800 or 5200 Yen from HND.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
I am looking to redeem some Hilton points for Conrad Tokyo in early April and the points option not available (and it looks like entire months are out). Are there black outs like this or can this be fixed via a phone call?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by morkovka
I am looking to redeem some Hilton points for Conrad Tokyo in early April and the points option not available (and it looks like entire months are out). Are there black outs like this or can this be fixed via a phone call?
I see award availability throughout April.

Do you have enough points in your account for what you are trying to book? If you're logged in, and you don't have enough points, it won't show availability. The solution is to search logged out.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Stayed several days at Conrad Tokyo booked in a Standard Room (points). Was pre-assigned a King Executive Room prior to check-in (confirmed in the app) and then further upgraded to an Executive Corner Suite at check-in.

Very impressed with the hotel (rooms, food, service etc.).

I´m HH Diamond.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Saturday night layover stay at Conrad Tokyo

Background

Initially had a one night reservation at Hilton Shinjuku for this time period. However due to the realization that my free night certificate was going to expire soon, I switched over to the Conrad. It turned out to be a better choice since my flight at NRT the following morning was somewhat early and Shinjuku was further out compared to the Conrad. I wasn't expecting much during this stay because I was only going to be here for one night. About five days before my check-in, I sent an email to the concierge regarding transportation options, upgrade request, and for two bears in my room. In my previous stay, they didn't place any bears and had to ask FD.

Check In

Leading up to my stay, I received an email about two days before check-in to use OLCI. I think this was due to the time-zone difference between Asia and North America. During my first look a the rooms available, my only choices were the regular rooms. About the day before check-in, I checked into the mobile app and found that they had automatically upgraded me to a King Bay View Suite. The only catch was that I had to complete OLCI at that instance. This was the first time using OLCI that I was automatically assigned an upgraded room.

When I arrived at the Conrad, I ended up dropping my bags off instead of going to the FD. I had a dinner appointment in Odaiba and was running late. When I returned to the hotel with my friend, we went by the reception to retrieve my keys. It was somewhat of a funny experience. When the FD asked for our passports, I replied that I was the only one staying and that my friend was only visiting. Then they proceeded to have a conversation in Japanese. Not sure what was said but during the check-in, the FD would ask me something and then proceed to give a longer Japanese explanation to my friend. She gave me a funny look and asked why they thought she was my translator. After confirming my requests the following morning, we headed off to the room. Once we were in the room, the FD called to check if everything was OK and if I needed anything else.

Room

Apologies for the following picture quality, I only had my cellphone available.

This is the closet/luggage space. It also doubles as a mini hallway into the bathroom.

Toilet is behind the frosted door on the right

Tub with waterproof TV. Two showers, one hand and the other rainfall, are to the left of the tub.

Initially thought this was a closet near the door. However it turned out to be the second washroom.

View of Tokyo Bay

Dining

Due to my schedule, I didn't get to use the executive lounge. As previously mentioned, I had a dinner appointment and was leaving at 5:45 am the following morning to catch the NEX at Tokyo station. It wasn't really a big deal to me since on my previous stay, I found the lounge to be somewhat cramped. During check-in, my friend sort of took the initiative and asked what they could provide in lieu of not being able to use the lounge. The FD informed me that they would send breakfast and had the option of either continental or healthy breakfast. All I had to do was fill the room service card. I ended up getting the healthy breakfast option because it came with an omelette. My previous experience with this type of arrangement was at the Millennium Hilton in Bangkok. There I was provided with a breakfast box with pastries and bottled drinks. I was pleasantly surprised when room service showed up with a full spread, including toaster .

Overall

I found this stay was better than my first stay this year. Totally surprised with the suite upgrade since it was a Saturday night stay and it does get busy on the weekends. To be honest, I think sending my requests ahead of time and also having my friend there during check-in contributed to my experience. As a reference, I'm a Diamond.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Great write up. More importantly, did you get your bears??

My kids each got a small keychain bear last month. Not sure if that's the norm
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
Great write up. More importantly, did you get your bears??

My kids each got a small keychain bear last month. Not sure if that's the norm
Thanks. Yes, they did deliver both bears. They have more than one type. The standard blue and other one I got was white. These were the same key chain sized ones I got on my previous stay.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Has anyone redeemed the Citi Weekend Night certificate here for a Monday or Thursday night?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Has anyone redeemed the Citi Weekend Night certificate here for a Monday or Thursday night?
The Citi Weekend Night is only valid for Friday - Sunday. However, the way around this is to book some weekend dates, then call back or make the changes online to the dates.

No guarantee it will work but it will accept it during the reservation part.

Please report back if it works or not (if you try it and actually stayed at the hotel)

Last edited by ponickka; Dec 28, 2016 at 5:08 pm Reason: More information
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by ponickka
The Citi Weekend Night is only valid for Friday - Sunday. However, the way around this is to book some weekend dates, then call back or make the changes online to the dates.

No guarantee it will work but it will accept it during the reservation part.

Please report back if it works or not (if you try it and actually stayed at the hotel)
Thanks, understood it's YMMV, so was just wondering if any DP's for this specific hotel. Will report back if I end up trying next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.