Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by MattPol
How have Golds been making out recently wrt upgrades and exec lounge access?
I booked a std (city view) king 6/3-6/5 on points. Got exec lounge floor (city view) king.

My short reveiw of the place is the exact same as the lonely planet review. Understated and over-the-top at the same time.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by colpuck
I booked a std (city view) king 6/3-6/5 on points. Got exec lounge floor (city view) king.

My short reveiw of the place is the exact same as the lonely planet review. Understated and over-the-top at the same time.
Thanks for the info!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by MattPol
How have Golds been making out recently wrt upgrades and exec lounge access?
In March I stayed 8 nights using points and was offered either a bay room or executive floor room with city view. I wanted both so I paid 3000 yen a night extra (they wanted 5000 at first) but I would advise against that since they only offer alcohol from 6-8 pm and I was never in the hotel during those hours.

As a Gold I also received free buffet breakfast but no cooked eggs or hot food. I also received free internet and free access to the pool which is usually 3000 yen extra per day.

I felt that they treated me extremely well and look forward to a future stay.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by b8b
I received the following notice from the Conrad regarding a future booking:

"Please kindly be informed that there will be a temporary closure of the 37th Floor Executive Lounge due to Group reservation, the lounge will be closed from 14 June until 18 June. During the period of the Executive Lounge closure, there will be an alternative Hospitality room for our valued Executive Floor guests. "
Bummer - my wife and I are there 14-16 June.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Currenty here for one night using points. Got upgraded from City view to Bay view. The view is awesome and the room is very nice.

FWIW, I am HH Gold. No upgrade to exec floor or access to lounge. The reason they gave me is that the hotel is full. However the exec level rooms were available online for booking. The check in agent did not budge when I informed him so. He offered me Continental breadfast in the Cerise restaurant.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by b8b
Do you just stay on the same platform you arrived from on the N'EX and take the Yokosuka line to Shimbashi from there? Or...?
You have to walk from the JR East rail station to the Yokosuka line subway station via the internal corridors.

Originally Posted by b8b
Where can you get Suica refunds in Tokyo station? Can you do this at NRT somewhere as well?
I've always done it at Tokyo station, but I believe you can do this at either station (or any staffed JR station). You go to the JR ticket office. Note that it's to your advantage to spend down the Suica balance as low as you can, e.g., by shopping for treats and such at Family Mart stores in Tokyo or at some of the shops that accept Suica in Tokyo or Narita town.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:32 pm
duo

Anyone recommend a site to get the best rate?

Do you still get upgrade if you dont book with Hilton?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by duo
Anyone recommend a site to get the best rate?

Do you still get upgrade if you dont book with Hilton?
I got a very good rate last minute (about 2-3 days out) linked through to somewhere from hotelscombined. After the res. was confirmed, I emailed my details to the hotel and they gave me a bay view room, but no club level as a gold. Bfast was included in my rate, so I don't know how that would have panned out.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:49 pm
duo

Brilliant. Thanks for that.

I tried hotelscombined and the best rate took me to onhotels.com - got a good rate on onhotels.com. Got to admit never heard of the company before but did a quick search of forum and people seem to have used it with no bother.

Room description is a bit vague mind - Double Room - Classic, Breakfast Buffet

No mention of what a classic is.

Quick question - don't Hilton Price match as part of their Best Rates Guarantee?

Last edited by duo; Jul 14, 2012 at 2:42 pm
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:55 pm
duo

Unreal - rate just went up by over £100 a night....seriously that's sucks. Talking minutes.

Edit: Or has it - going through a portal it is gone - through their website it's still there. Bizarre.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 3:43 pm
duo

Originally Posted by BlackBird
If you don't care about executive rooms, which are available only with city view, then I would take ocean view room (=garden view). In the city view rooms the view is partly blocked by couple of high rise buildings nearby. My first choises are the executive rooms with city view then classic ocean room and after that classic city view.
What is a 'Classic room with city view'?

Seen it advertised on sites but cannot see it mentioned on Hilton's site.

Thanks in advance. ^
Old Jul 14, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Member

Another great Conrad Stay

I see I started this thread in 2005 and here I am again after MANY amazing stays. I have had many upgraded suites thanks to Daniel Lopez and after emailng here last month, have found that Daniel has moved onto one of their fine hotels in China. In any case, the new FDM informed us they would see what they could do, but would only confirm near to our stay. And voila, 2 days ago a Bay View Suite popped up in our reservation. Not bad for a 7 night award stay ( at 37,500 points a night). The hotel seems extremely busy, which may be the ultimate reason for our upgrade, in releasing a lower level room. We have full Executive Floor privileges, free pool access and all the free WiFi we want, for as many devices as we want, which is great!
I also rented a portable MiFi while we are here for 8800 Yen for 2 weeks, with unlimited data, so walking around we will have full smartphone access.

Just having the most delicious omelette I have had in awhile. They gave my daughter 3 gorgeous bears not in our collection last night.

The only unfortunate side has been our favorite restaurants in the building next door have shutdown...both a great Italian restaurant and sushi heaven (both reasonable restaurants). Oh well....
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:46 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by duo
What is a 'Classic room with city view'?

Seen it advertised on sites but cannot see it mentioned on Hilton's site.

Thanks in advance. ^
It's their "standard" room which comes with a city view. The Bay View room (the next upgrade) is identical but as the name suggests has a (rather nice) view of the bay. There is no bad room here.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:53 am
duo

Originally Posted by NoY
It's their "standard" room which comes with a city view. The Bay View room (the next upgrade) is identical but as the name suggests has a (rather nice) view of the bay. There is no bad room here.
Thanks.

Guessing it's now called the King Room with City view?

Had a Bay view last time I stayed - unreal the view.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:56 am
duo

Originally Posted by gabbysz
I also rented a portable MiFi while we are here for 8800 Yen for 2 weeks, with unlimited data, so walking around we will have full smartphone access.
Mind me asking where you rented the Mifi? That's a brilliant idea.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.