Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by snugglening
I can stay 8 days at the conrad tokyo is there is any reason at all that I should split 4 days in conrad tokyo and hilton tokyo. I have enough points so that is not the problem.
The only possible reasons I have is leaving to Nrt on my final day and is the hilton tokyo a better base to see tokyo than the Conrad?
Like other posters, I wouldn't necessarily recommend splitting b/w the hotels, although I did once when I was travelling with my family to show them the Hilton I stay at when on business travel. After a couple of nights we moved to the Conrad, which has much nicer facilities overall.

The couple of points on the Hilton though that could make it worthwhile, depending on what you like to do. The EL at the Hilton can be a very vibrant scene during Happy Hour. I have had foie gras and champagne on occasion and always met some interesting folks to talk to (the EL at the Conrad is much more subdued). Also the Hilton is within a walking distance to the old "Golden Gai" neighborhood of tiny allies and even tinier bars that can be intriguing to visit.

In either case, enjoy your visit to Tokyo! Can't wait to have a chance to go back myself!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by snugglening
I can stay 8 days at the conrad tokyo is there is any reason at all that I should split 4 days in conrad tokyo and hilton tokyo. I have enough points so that is not the problem.
The only possible reasons I have is leaving to Nrt on my final day and is the hilton tokyo a better base to see tokyo than the Conrad?
I know you are looking for 8 days in Tokyo but did you also consider going somewhere else like Kyoto to see different parts of Japan ? I really like Tokyo but after 4 days I am usually a little tired of it and like a change of scenery.
It is quite easy to get around via subway (just buy Pasmo cards) and trains and therefore I would just stay at the Conrad, it is a better hotel and you can pretty much get anywhere with public transportation.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:57 pm

Leaving hilton?

My reservation for the Conrad Tokyo in 3 days states that it will be leaving in August 2012. I doubt this, but does that mean it will be leaving in Aug 2013? Anyone have any more info?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
That would be a shame. I will e-mail the GM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
I did a dummy booking and did not see anything about leaving in the confirmation
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:40 pm
Company Representative - Conrad Tokyo

Originally Posted by Cynicor
My reservation for the Conrad Tokyo in 3 days states that it will be leaving in August 2012. I doubt this, but does that mean it will be leaving in Aug 2013? Anyone have any more info?
Dear Cynicor

We would like to state that in no way are we leaving the Conrad brand or Hilton. Can you provide a screenshot or copy of where you saw this so we can investigate?

Kind regards,

Conrad Team
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Glad to hear this. Staying that is. It would be a shame and huge loss to Hilton esp in Tokyo market.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:53 pm

GM is aware and the property Director of Business Development has responded. ^
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Conrad Tokyo
Dear Cynicor

We would like to state that in no way are we leaving the Conrad brand or Hilton. Can you provide a screenshot or copy of where you saw this so we can investigate?

Kind regards,

Conrad Team
It's probably a glitch.
Maybe it's related to this thread?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:22 am

Thank you for the replies, yes I just saw the other thread and it clicked that Hilton has an error with it's upcoming reservations email.

I look forward to my stay- 17th to 20th on points plus pay and will report back!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
We had a delightful stay here for 5 days over New Year. The hotel location is pretty convenient. Between the Shiodome station and Shimbashi you can access pretty much anywhere quickly. It actually is a pleasant walk from Ginza that isn't much longer than taking the metro so access to that are or the south end of the Imperial Park can be on foot if you don't mind a 20 minute walk. The lounge was very nice and the staff there was great. Got wonderful guidance on a (very expensive) meal in Roppongi from the chief concierge one evening. The area immediately around the hotel is pretty quiet but then we didn't spend much time there.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:01 am

Programs: QFF P1 / OW EMERALD, VA PLATINUM, ETIHAD GUEST GOLD, IC RA, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Leaving where - is it leaving the Conrad chain? hope not....

IGNORE - sorry, didn't see the most recent posts.... my bad!

Last edited by pyxis; Jan 11, 2013 at 3:03 am Reason: IGNORE - sorry, didn't see the most recent posts.... my bad!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: Platinum
Thinking about a 4 day AXON stay this spring or early summer. Will be traveling as a family a four (kids are 13 and 9 year old boys, can share bed). Can we stay in one room, and rent a cot, or do we need to get two adjoining rooms? Thinking of burning off some points, but only have 500k.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
The twin rooms here are actually two doubles (1.4m or around four and a half feet) so there shouldn't be a problem fitting. Might want to email the hotel to check that they don't have a problem with 4 people occupying.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
When booking a room on the Hilton website, the Conrad Tokyo adds tax to the regular room rate, whereas the Hilton Tokyo doesn't. Does anyone know why there is a difference in tax for these two properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.