Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:32 pm
Original Member

Mifi in Japan

Originally Posted by duo
Mind me asking where you rented the Mifi? That's a brilliant idea.^
I rented from Global Advanced Communications

http://www.globaladvancedcomm.com/pocketwifi.html

At the time I got a 75Mbps unit for the price of a 42Mbps unit, but I see that is over. Works great though....they delivered it directly to our hotel, waiting in our room when we checked in and sent a return envelope to give to the hotel upon checkout. Could not be easier.

Also signed up for WiFi calling b4 we left the US....works great...only use our minutes, no charges to call back to the US.

Last edited by gabbysz; Jul 15, 2012 at 6:34 pm Reason: Forgot Wifi calling
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Nice to have the followup. I'm interested to hear Daniel has moved on to China, as the last I heard he was in the Maldives!

Director of Operations at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Qingdao
Originally Posted by gabbysz
I see I started this thread in 2005 and here I am again after MANY amazing stays. I have had many upgraded suites thanks to Daniel Lopez and after emailng here last month, have found that Daniel has moved onto one of their fine hotels in China. In any case, the new FDM informed us they would see what they could do, but would only confirm near to our stay. And voila, 2 days ago a Bay View Suite popped up in our reservation. Not bad for a 7 night award stay ( at 37,500 points a night). The hotel seems extremely busy, which may be the ultimate reason for our upgrade, in releasing a lower level room. We have full Executive Floor privileges, free pool access and all the free WiFi we want, for as many devices as we want, which is great!
I also rented a portable MiFi while we are here for 8800 Yen for 2 weeks, with unlimited data, so walking around we will have full smartphone access.

Just having the most delicious omelette I have had in awhile. They gave my daughter 3 gorgeous bears not in our collection last night.

The only unfortunate side has been our favorite restaurants in the building next door have shutdown...both a great Italian restaurant and sushi heaven (both reasonable restaurants). Oh well....
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Note: it's often pretty easy to come up with a GM's name:

Use LinkedIn, such as this page on the property here.

Use Yatedo - here. If you are a member, scads of more information.

Use Google - Here: Let me Google that for you. Similar for Executive Assistant Manager, Guest Relations Manager, or even Executive Secretary (the GM often delegates this kind of thing to the Exec Secretary - at one time, it was Naoko Dolan / Oshima, now, much like Keith Allardice and Daniel Lopez, has moved on.

Give a guest an upgrade, they enjoy a stay; teach a guest how to fish for contacts... you get the idea!
Old Aug 5, 2012, 4:59 am

Programs: QFF P1 / OW EMERALD, VA PLATINUM, ETIHAD GUEST GOLD, IC RA, HH DIAMOND
hi everyone, this is one of my favourite hotels in Tokyo....! has anyone, by any chance, got any pre-2012 Conrad Tokyo bears they would be willing to sell to me? i have been trying for ages to hunt down colours i don't yet have with absolutely no success.... x
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:36 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, Hilton Diamond
Transfer from Haneda to Conrad Tokyo?

Planning a 4 night stay in mid October and arriving about 11 PM at Haneda. What are the options late night for getting to the Conrad? Saw a few tidbits up the thread but thought I'd ask for any recent information.

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:49 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by kinghw
Planning a 4 night stay in mid October and arriving about 11 PM at Haneda. What are the options late night for getting to the Conrad? Saw a few tidbits up the thread but thought I'd ask for any recent information.

Thanks!
This is based on my stay last Thanksgiving. We were arriving on JL SFO-HND flight around 11pm. Tokyo Monorail was still running. 470 Yen will get you to Monorail Hamamatsucho. From here, I would suggest you just take a taxi to Conrad.

We did take the subway using Toei Oedo Line and it was only 1 stop over. The station on the subway is called Daimon and Conrad is in the same building that houses the Shiodome station.

On the way back to HND, we actually walked from Conrad to Monorail Hamamatsucho and then took Monorail.

Ask at Conrad for the jogging map which will show the straight forward route from the hotel to Monorail Hamamatsucho.

Last edited by geclub1; Aug 17, 2012 at 11:58 pm
Old Aug 18, 2012, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by geclub1
This is based on my stay last Thanksgiving. We were arriving on JL SFO-HND flight around 11pm. Tokyo Monorail was still running. 470 Yen will get you to Monorail Hamamatsucho. From here, I would suggest you just take a taxi to Conrad.

We did take the subway using Toei Oedo Line and it was only 1 stop over. The station on the subway is called Daimon and Conrad is in the same building that houses the Shiodome station.
Not "the same building", but close enough.

It is marginally cheaper (170 yen to 130 yen) to take the JR Yamanote Line train from Hamamatsucho to Shinbashi, with about the same walking distance overall (shorter walk from the monorail to JR station, longer walk from Shinbashi to the hotel).

For both trains, the final train of the night leaves about 10 minutes before 1am.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:57 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, Hilton Diamond
Thanks!

Originally Posted by geclub1

On the way back to HND, we actually walked from Conrad to Monorail Hamamatsucho and then took Monorail.

Ask at Conrad for the jogging map which will show the straight forward route from the hotel to Monorail Hamamatsucho.
Looks like the monorail and walking or taxi from Hamamatsucho is doable if we don't get in too late.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:20 am

Im HH Gold but booked via a 3rd party website. Will they still honor my status at least for free wi-fi? Is the pool available complimentary in my case?

Also, anyone have any good recommendations for good Japanese food walking distance from the hotel? It will be the first time in Japan for my wife and I....any help is appreciated.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by belugalove

Also, anyone have any good recommendations for good Japanese food walking distance from the hotel? It will be the first time in Japan for my wife and I....any help is appreciated.
I have a recommendation, but it will require a taxi. Still, it´s worth it.

It´s Kyubei, one of the better (and perhaps best promoted) sushi restaurants in Tokyo.

For details and pictures of my meal, see my review as it may be helpful:
Kyubei, Ginza, Tokyo, Japan – Restaurant Review

It was one of the most enjoyable meals I have had in ages and worth the short taxi ride to the Ginza. I was staying at the Conrad when I went there.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by jspira
I have a recommendation, but it will require a taxi. Still, it´s worth it.

It´s Kyubei, one of the better (and perhaps best promoted) sushi restaurants in Tokyo.

For details and pictures of my meal, see my review as it may be helpful:
Kyubei, Ginza, Tokyo, Japan – Restaurant Review

It was one of the most enjoyable meals I have had in ages and worth the short taxi ride to the Ginza. I was staying at the Conrad when I went there.
I appreciate the feedback on the restaurant; I certainly will check into it...maybe not on the first night after arriving but...anything you can recall that is within walking distance? Also, at Kyubei, is it all "chef's choice" or can you order a la carte? My wife is a pescatarian but there are certain seafoods that she does not eat...do you forsee any issue with us who dont speak a lick of Japanese?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I appreciate the feedback on the restaurant; I certainly will check into it...maybe not on the first night after arriving but...anything you can recall that is within walking distance? Also, at Kyubei, is it all "chef's choice" or can you order a la carte? My wife is a pescatarian but there are certain seafoods that she does not eat...do you forsee any issue with us who dont speak a lick of Japanese?
I am almost positive you can order things you want and a few people do speak English there at a minimum so you should not have a problem. The owner seemed to be everywhere and he speaks English reasonably well. I noticed others speaking English also.

You might also like dining on the 52nd floor of the Park Hyatt - New York Grill.

Last edited by jspira; Aug 25, 2012 at 2:53 pm
Old Aug 25, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
When my wife and I were there we asked the Exec Lounge staff to help us find a teppan restaurant. They hunted around and found a completely "local" place that had one staff member (younger) that spoke English. As I remember, we were able to walk all the way there fairly easily. We were the only westerners in there and certainly aroused the interests of all the other patrons

Note that teppan is a style of cooking where they use the steel flattop grill. It does not necessarily mean cooking in front of your like Benihana in the US. At this restaurant all food was cooked in the kitchen and brought out. We got a multicourse sampler and it was excellent. Even included wagyu.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Im HH Gold but booked via a 3rd party website. Will they still honor my status at least for free wi-fi? Is the pool available complimentary in my case?
Officially, booking via a third-party site means no points but normal on-property benefits, except where you did not know the identity of the hotel before confirming the booking, in which case you get nothing.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:44 pm

Contemplating a 4 night stay here this fall as a Gold booking on points. From past threads it seems you have about a 50/50 chance at the exec lounge, being a gold. Is that still the case?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.