Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Here now.

Beautiful suite with a view of the fish market. I forget how much I love this hotel.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Thanks, understood it's YMMV, so was just wondering if any DP's for this specific hotel. Will report back if I end up trying next year.
I made similar booking for April 2017. I am hoping that all goes well ^
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Staying here tomorrow using a free night cert. I was upgraded from a city view room to a bay view as a diamond. What are the odds of getting a further upgrade to a suite at checkin? Rates were $600+ last I checked so I'm assuming the hotel will be quite busy so I won't hold my breath. They still appear to be selling every type of room and several suites.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Staying here tomorrow using a free night cert. I was upgraded from a city view room to a bay view as a diamond. What are the odds of getting a further upgrade to a suite at checkin? Rates were $600+ last I checked so I'm assuming the hotel will be quite busy so I won't hold my breath. They still appear to be selling every type of room and several suites.
Pass right by the front desk without stopping and take the elevator to the top floor to the Executive Lounge for checkin. When they tell you your room, pull out your smart phone and say "You know, you DO have a suite available for a Diamond Upgrade..."

Of course, if you can't find availability on your phone at check-in, then you don't have a leg to stand on.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Pass right by the front desk without stopping and take the elevator to the top floor to the Executive Lounge for checkin. When they tell you your room, pull out your smart phone and say "You know, you DO have a suite available for a Diamond Upgrade..."

Of course, if you can't find availability on your phone at check-in, then you don't have a leg to stand on.
The Executive Lounge is closed for a renovation until March. Seems like they are going to enlarge it. The temporary lounge is on 28th floor, in one of the meeting rooms behind the front desk.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rhu171
The Executive Lounge is closed for a renovation until March. Seems like they are going to enlarge it. The temporary lounge is on 28th floor, in one of the meeting rooms behind the front desk.
Thanks for the update! Are they still providing full services during the renovation?

Rather disappointing news, as I have an upcoming stay with the AMEX 2nd night free offer.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks for the update! Are they still providing full services during the renovation?

Rather disappointing news, as I have an upcoming stay with the AMEX 2nd night free offer.
Actually this is my first stay so I don't have any basis to compare but the staff did confirm that they are still offering the same service with the same hours. Seems they also re-use the original furniture from the lounge. Everything is very good but nonetheless I would imagine in terms of ambiance, the temporary lounge can't hold a candle to the original lounge. The original lounge looked really good I'm also disappointed not being able to experience it.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by rhu171
They need to enlarge it. I was there January 5th through the 7th. The lounge (still open) was terribly crowded on the evening of the 5th, so much so, we didn't go back. The diamond breakfast is much better on 28 so it wasn't that big of a deal.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txpenny
The diamond breakfast is much better on 28
I disagree. I don't think there's much difference in quality or selection, and the made to order omelettes in the lounge were much more convenient.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:04 pm

I disagree. I don't think there's much difference in quality or selection, and the made to order omelettes in the lounge were much more convenient.
How so?

On 28 you can order anything off the menu, made to order omelettes, plus the full buffet. To top it off, I don't have to fight for seat in a cramped lounge.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by txpenny
How so?

On 28 you can order anything off the menu, made to order omelettes, plus the full buffet. To top it off, I don't have to fight for seat in a cramped lounge.
Agreed. I enjoyed the restaurant -- much bigger selection, server handled omelettes and other fresh egg orders, buffet much bigger variety, and way less crowded. I found the wait for an omelette much longer in the lounge given the 1-2 hotplate operation vs a commercial kitchen. YMMV.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:24 pm

Lounge Reopened?

Has the Exec Lounge opened after renovation?

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:29 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by observer
Has the Exec Lounge opened after renovation?

Thanks
Not yet. Next week is what I was told.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by wjj
Good news! I'll be there on 23 March.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:21 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by wjj
Update.....

I was at the Conrad Tokyo this week. The new executive lounge opens today (Saturday). They flipped it to the other side so it is now on the Bay side of the building. Much nicer view but of course that means a few less Bay side rooms available. I left before I could see it (they had a pre-opening tour Friday evening) but was told by the executive lounge staff that it is about the same size as before and is more "Japanese". So I would assume new layout and furnishings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.