Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
I paid none
Great!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:58 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Exec Lounge Cocktail Hours

Apologies, but I have not stayed here in a couple of years and I can't recall when evening cocktails are served.

17:00-19:00 (I think this is it)
18:00-20:00

TIA
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:55 pm
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
Apologies, but I have not stayed here in a couple of years and I can't recall when evening cocktails are served.

17:00-19:00 (I think this is it)
18:00-20:00

TIA
18:00 to 20:00
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:22 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Stayed here last weekend with +1 and 2 x +0.5 after finding short term some C+P availability. As Diamond was upgraded from City View Twin to Bay View Executive Twin and was offered lounge access AND free full breakfast (that is buffet + one hot dish to order) at Collage for two adults. Lounge access for the children was offered at JPY 3,500 ++ p.P., but received both, lounge access and breakfast, for all of us after some negotiation as a "one time exception". I had the impression that lounge access and full breakfast for up to 2 guests is now the standard diamond amenity. Was also offered one extra bed for JPY 7000 ++, but the sofas on the window were large enough to accommodate two kids of elementary school age. So every one of us had his own sleeping accommodation without using an extra bed. Lounge is on the small side, but the offerings for Afternoon Tea and Evening Service were very good. The breakfast at Collage is highly recommended. The pool was also on the small side but large enough for our small one to enjoy it. Also very happy to get our first four Conrad bears.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by shonanroger
Also very happy to get our first four Conrad bears.
Careful, they might become addicting!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:39 am

I will land in Tokyo around 5pm and leave the next day for a flight I have at 330pm.

Considering that it is an hour to and from the airport, is the consensus for the people that have staid here that it would be worth staying there for such a short stay? To note, I am Diamond.

Appreciate any feedback.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brosenberg0
I will land in Tokyo around 5pm and leave the next day for a flight I have at 330pm.

Considering that it is an hour to and from the airport, is the consensus for the people that have staid here that it would be worth staying there for such a short stay? To note, I am Diamond.

Appreciate any feedback.
If staying at Hilton properties is desirable, then this is a real gem. If you were flying to/from HND, the Hilton Shinjuku might be a good option, but if flying to/from NRT, then I would NOT recommend either the Hilton Narita or Disneyworld for a stopover, especially since you have a relatively late flight out.

Let's say you get checked in by 6:30 PM, you'd still have some time to enjoy the EL, then make it to almost anywhere you want for dinner in Tokyo. Next morning, have a leisurely breakfast, maybe go check out Ginza for an hour or two before heading back to the airport for your flight.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
If staying at Hilton properties is desirable, then this is a real gem. If you were flying to/from HND, the Hilton Shinjuku might be a good option, but if flying to/from NRT, then I would NOT recommend either the Hilton Narita or Disneyworld for a stopover, especially since you have a relatively late flight out.

Let's say you get checked in by 6:30 PM, you'd still have some time to enjoy the EL, then make it to almost anywhere you want for dinner in Tokyo. Next morning, have a leisurely breakfast, maybe go check out Ginza for an hour or two before heading back to the airport for your flight.
I am flying out or NRT and you sure as hell are making this sound like a great way to go.

Also - does it make sense that a cab would run me $200 each way?

Last edited by brosenberg0; Aug 8, 2016 at 1:33 pm
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I am flying out or NRT and you sure as hell are making this sound like a great way to go.

I wouldn't since the Narita Express (NEX) to Tokyo station is quick, and you can take a short, and much cheaper taxi if you'd like to the hotel. Save you some cash for a really nice dinner
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:15 pm

Tokyo is one of the most expensive places to use a cab but teemuflyer already pointed out alternative transportation options
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:20 pm

Yep.

Looks like it'll be the train system. Seems to be around the same amount of time to get to the hotel at a fraction of the cost.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Conrad is really nice, but kind of sterile. I would actually opt for the Hilton Odaiba. Nice executive lounge, beautiful nighttime views of Tokyo and the Rainbow Bridge (especially from the outdoor jacuzzi!) and plenty to see and do for about half the cost.

I'd save Conrad for a time when you could enjoy it more leisurely.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I did this two years ago (into HND, one night at Conrad, out of NRT) and felt it was borderline. As opposed to somewhere like HKG, where Airport Express makes the city overnight really easy.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Yep.

Looks like it'll be the train system. Seems to be around the same amount of time to get to the hotel at a fraction of the cost.
We stayed at the Conrad in June after a cruise. There's also an airport shuttle bus that costs the same as the Narita Express but delivers you right to the Conrad. But since it also services several other hotels in the area, it might take longer than the Narita Express for the actual transit. But then you have to get from the train station to the hotel. We walked back and forth between the trains and the hotel alot, it wasn't a bad walk but I wouldn't want to do it with luggage.

You could contact the Conrad Concierge via email to ask where the shuttle picks up at NRT and the time schedule. They were the folks who made the arrangements for us.

I loved everything about the hotel, the location the lounge, breakfast in the restaurant, etc... But IMHO, the transit time is too much, even if I had a free limousine. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by MellieAZ; Aug 9, 2016 at 10:36 am Reason: corrected errors
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I stayed at Conrad Tokyo more than few times. I have no complaint, but I agree that for overnight transit lodging there are more suitable choices. Concierge at Conrad Tokyo was best, it is possible that helps if you can speak Japanese…! After suggesting dinner option, making a reservation, then walking to down stair lobby with me, mentioned to taxi driver「大変大事なお客様ですのでよろしくお願いします。」, then standing by taxi and bowing as leaving for dinner. Possible that being Diamond helps also.

Originally Posted by MellieAZ
We stayed at the Conrad in June after a cruise. There's also an airport shuttle bus that costs the same as the Narita Express but delivers you right to the Conrad. But since it also services several other hotels in the area, it might take longer than the Narita Express for the actual transit. But then you have to get from the train station to the hotel. We walked back and forth between the trains and the hotel alot, it wasn't a bad walk but I wouldn't want to do it with luggage.
Limousine Bus schedule from Conrad Tokyo to Narita Airport.

It is not that frequent which is the drawback of Limousine Bus, where Narita Express runs every 30 minutes and Skyliner runs every 40 minutes. Also fares to Narita Airport are:

Limousine Bus: 3100 yen
Narita Express: 3390 yen
Skyliner: 2640 yen

Regular commuter train on JR: 1490 yen
Regular commuter train on Keisei: 1440 yen
Tokyo Shuttle bus from Tokyo station (departs every 30 minutes): 1000 yen

Also, visitors using JR Pass do not have to worry about added 3390 yen to Narita Airport on the last day as it is included on JR Pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.