Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by Gradfly
It wouldn't hurt. Here are pics that I dug up from one of my previous stays. Hope they help:

Depending on age and size one of your kids can sleep on the couch at the window. Worked out well for us last year during a stay with 2 children of elementary school age.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by shonanroger
Depending on age and size one of your kids can sleep on the couch at the window. Worked out well for us last year during a stay with 2 children of elementary school age.
Thank you: was the hotel ok with that arrangement?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:33 am

Very niceThanks!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by toolate
Thank you: was the hotel ok with that arrangement?
The hotel was OK with 2 adults and 2 children staying in one room.

Last edited by shonanroger; Apr 6, 2017 at 5:23 am
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Just stayed in this hotel for one night (our last night in Tokyo) and it was superb! I booked on points somewhat last minute, when I saw 95k availability for a regular room but we got upgraded to a city view suite. I have to say that between the service, the amenities, the room itself (the shower - ahhhh!) and the meals in the lounge and restaurant (free breakfast down there for Diamonds), it was the most exhilarating and relaxing stay in maybe...ever?

I read a few reviews that said it's almost impossible to get upgraded there as a Diamond, but I can confirm that it is possible.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Impulse one night stay here last Friday, was going to use points, but couldn't pass up the $340 rate. Upgraded from Twin City to Twin Suite City, keeping our streak of suite upgrades intact. The new bay side addition to the club lounge is gorgeous! It's a shame that they partition it off from 8pm, as the night time is the best time for looking out over Odaiba. They seem to have changed the tea selection as well...looks like the same thing on offer at Odaiba Hilton.

I stopped into the restaurant for breakfast to pick up an Eggs Benedict, but otherwise I actually prefer eating breakfast in the club lounge. Best Diamond benefit is the 3pm checkout, meaning that we can stick around and enjoy the afternoon refreshments once more before leaving. Love the ice cream!^

Tip: if you're staying with three adults, book for two and cite the 2nd Guest Free policy. The base room accommodates three people, and is often significantly cheaper to book for two people than booking for three.

Last edited by hailstorm; May 9, 2017 at 6:09 am
Old May 10, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Thinking about passing through Tokyo in June and I have two free weekend nights with Hilton would this be the best property to use them at? I have gold status, while it seems upgrades aren't super likely will I be given lounge access?
Old May 11, 2017, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Red259
Thinking about passing through Tokyo in June and I have two free weekend nights with Hilton would this be the best property to use them at? I have gold status, while it seems upgrades aren't super likely will I be given lounge access?
1. Most likely
2. Most likely not. But the Gold breakfast is top notch.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:56 am

Hi I am going to Tokyo in January and thinking booking the non refundable rate now due to The 7hr Japan flash sale. I have only gold status! Is it a good rate to book the Executive King for 31,250yen or just book the King room at 26,250 Yen (5000 Yen cheaper)?
Old May 17, 2017, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Red face

Originally Posted by Little Animal
Hi I am going to Tokyo in January and thinking booking the non refundable rate now due to The 7hr Japan flash sale. I have only gold status! Is it a good rate to book the Executive King for 31,250yen or just book the King room at 26,250 Yen (5000 Yen cheaper)?
If you like to drink A LOT, or just really like club lounges, then pay the 5000 (actually more like 6000 after taxes and service charge) for the upgrade.
Old May 17, 2017, 5:34 pm

The sale is meant to be for dates prior to 2018, so thanks for the poster above as asking about a Jan stay. Just got my room on a sale price when I hadn't even bothered to check!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I'm looking for some help/advice. I'm in the process of planning a first-time trip to Tokyo. We're doing a tour. We end in Tokyo and have last nights we need to book a hotel for. It's either the Hilton Tokyo or the Conrad. I've tried to do research on which location would be better for us. I'm having a hard time figuring out what is within walking distance. Can someone please recommend which hotel would be better for a first-timer to Tokyo? I'm Diamond, so also curious as to which hotel gives better treatment

Last edited by MeLike2Travel; Jun 9, 2017 at 5:13 pm
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MeLike2Travel
I'm looking for some help/advice. I'm in the process of planning a first-time trip to Tokyo. We're doing a tour. We end in Tokyo and have last nights we need to book a hotel for. It's either the Hilton Tokyo or the Conrad. I've tried to do research on which location would be better for us. I'm having a hard time figuring out what is within walking distance. Can someone please recommend which hotel would be better for a first-timer to Tokyo? I'm Diamond, so also curious as to which hotel gives better treatment
You're lucky in that the world famous Tsukiji Fish Market, which was scheduled to be shuttered by now, remains open due to complications with the replacement. This is within walking distance from the Conrad, as is Ginza. It's also very close to the Yurikamome Line and JR Shinbashi Station, a large travel hub.

By comparison, Hilton Tokyo is old and somewhat isolated location. It would actually be my FOURTH choice of Hiltons in Tokyo, behind Hilton Tokyo Bay and Hilton Odaiba.

Especially as a Diamond, I would say Conrad Tokyo is a slam dunk pick.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:35 pm

Tokyo is huge, both are excellent hotels with full diamond recognition of the benefits- full breakfast, 1 cat upgrades etc.

Neither is closer to the main tourist areas because no such thing exists- the city Ian really big and the sights are spread out.

My suggestion is the Hilton Shinjuku if you want to be a short walk from a bit of cheap nightlife, basic bars and restaurants, and only a short ride to Shibuya.

Conrad is more luxurious, with very little only a short walk away. But 1-2 stops on a train will get you into the thick of shopping and historical areas.

Either is fine, I like the luxury of Conrad so will be back there this Jan, but I have done a few weeks in both last couple of years.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:37 pm

Love it, such contrasting replies. And both are accurate, really. It comes down to personal preference because no area is central. I would never stay at Tokyo Bay, and Daiba would need to be very cheap to get me there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.