Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Originally Posted by gates_2
My travel buddy has the 6:40 AM AA flight out of HND.. I've heard around 8000yen for a taxi from conrad to HND- this sound about right?
My taxi fare about a week ago from the Conrad to HND (for three people plus luggage) was just over 7000 yen. This was a Sunday night taxi as I was connecting to the 0100 Delta departure to LAX. No traffic on the road and no need to call ahead for a taxi as they had multiple vehicles waiting for fares.

Originally Posted by catalinradio
Re: Conrad Tokyo, can someone confirm that occupancy in a twin room can be 3 people?
5000 yen per day even on an award stay.

On a side note the reviews on the executive lounges were spot on. Good breakfast with enough to feed the three of us with little issue. The evening food options were enough to keep you from going hungry but not a real meal by any means.

My wife loved the cleaning service when it returned her jeans in a Clothing box and folded within Tissue paper.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Which View to ask for?

seems there are City or Garden/Bay room views as a Diamond should I ask for 1 over the other
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by craz
seems there are City or Garden/Bay room views as a Diamond should I ask for 1 over the other
I think that the Garden/Bay view rooms are better, but last time I went I was upgraded to a City-view Executive room. At check-in, they told me that a further upgrade to a Garden-view Executive room would be another 3500 Yen or so.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:53 am

The garden view rooms themselves aren't any "better" than their city view counterparts as the only difference is the view you get and the room itself are equal.

So you are choosing between Garden or City view, some prefer the calmness of the garden view and some prefer the view over the Tokyo skyline.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RamGuy
The garden view rooms themselves aren't any "better" than their city view counterparts as the only difference is the view you get and the room itself are equal.
RamGuy - you're right, I misspoke.. the garden rooms themselves definitely aren't any better, however I personally like the view from that side much better. When I last had a city view room there, I didn't find the view to be anything special. Garden view rooms, on the other hand, have a view that I really enjoy - especially in a city as bustling as Tokyo, it's a treat to be able to look out on a garden and the water.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jkm024
RamGuy especially in a city as bustling as Tokyo, it's a treat to be able to look out on a garden and the water.
That's why they are much more expensive, even if they are equal in size
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:18 pm

With the recent tragedies in Japan, would you recommend us to postpone our trip to Tokyo this July or do you think it would be okay to go there this summer holidays considering its several months into the future and Tokyo isn't that effected of the tsunami?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 6:24 pm

post in the proper forum and a relevant thread
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Currently staying at the hotel. It seems like there are very few people staying at the hotel now. Very quiet. There was no live music at the lobby bar last night. The club lounge had been closed for a month but it reopened yesterday for afternoon tea and evening cocktails. Breakfast was offered at the restaurant downstairs. They only offered set menu breakfast. No buffet.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:59 pm
DH

Originally Posted by anabolism
What would be the best way to get to the Conrad from Haneda airport?
I was looking at the time table of Airport Limousine to Park Hotel from Haneda but it seems the last bus is at 15:00. I'll be arriving on AA 163 from JFK at 22:15. Is monorail only option during late night hours?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle

So you are choosing between Garden or City view, some prefer the calmness of the garden view and some prefer the view over the Tokyo skyline.
Since the lounge has the city view, I was glad to have a bay view in my room.
Old May 31, 2011, 5:05 pm

Any reports on how things are going these days? Many people staying? Has the executive lounge come back up and running or do you still need to go with a set menu breakfast in the restaurant downstairs?
Old May 31, 2011, 9:07 pm
Suspended

Any reports on how things are going these days? Many people staying? Has the executive lounge come back up and running or do you still need to go with a set menu breakfast in the restaurant downstairs?
was there last Mon and Weds wanted to get 2 Stay credits off my Q3FNs, the Lounge is open and bkfst is served up there.

Both Tues and Weds morn walked in just before they were going to brake it down and there was only 1 other person @ 10:15am, re:nights Mon walked in at 8 something it was dead, Weds walked in @ 6+ it was full and very loud, walked back @ 9:00 and it was empty

ran into the same problem seems the Hotel will Only Upgrade a person to the Exec Floor city view if you want the Bay view they will charge you. I stayed with the city view. Never had this at any other Hotel as usually its only the Suites that are off-limits. Did walk into a Bay room to take some pics that was open and not occupied, it isnt the same layout @ least for those with DBs, the beds are somewhat hidden behind a room length wall , giving it a sense of a Jr suite unless that was a Jr suite didnt know they had them

Last edited by craz; Jun 2, 2011 at 9:41 am
Old Jun 1, 2011, 1:08 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
Just got back from a 4 night stay. They gave me the Exec floor with city view but was one level down from the lounge. Not too busy. Breakfast was fine with a chef to do eggs and other assortments.
Evenings were not too busy, food consisted of highlights from the restaurants in the hotel. First nite had dishes from Gordon Ramsey, missed the next two nights but on the 4th night had dishes prepared from the Chinese restaurant. Overall very happy, as a diamond you get to use the indoor pool on the 28th? floor, went to take a peek and it was wonderful. never had the time to use it.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by craz
Did walk into aBay room to take some pics thatw as open and not occupied, it isnt the same layout @ least for those with DBs, the beds are somewhat hidden behind a room length wall , giving it a sense of a Jr suite unless that was a Jr suite didnt know they ahd them
Sounds like the bay view suite to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.