Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Having been here before I did not like at least our last suite which was more of a "L" shape with no door definition between the loving room and bedroom area.
Doors. That "L" room we had did not have any way to close one section to the other as we have now. This layout is a cube with double doors on each side of the entertainment center which recess into the walls to open/close. Not pocket doors. Regards from Tokyo off to Mumbai.
Ah, so it was a loving room. I guess I missed your point the first time.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:25 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Happy for you.
Thank you very much.

Based on my lounge experience, and as reported in a my prevoius thread, I would rate the lounge of the Conrad Tokyo the worst if compared to those in Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok.
How many nights did you spend at the Conrad Tokyo?

I've stayed at the Conrad Bangkok twice, Hong Kong four times, Singapore five times, and now Tokyo twice. I found the lounge in Tokyo comparable. And if I were to rate the entire stay experience (room, lounge, staff, etc.), I'd rank them:

1. Tokyo
2. Singapore
3./4. (tie) Bangkok/Hong Kong

I like them all and I feel fortunate to be able to quibble over which of these excellent properties is best.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
Having just spent six wonderful days here, I'd like to comment on the food offerings in the lounge. As the welcome letter in our room noted: "Selection of hors d'oeuvres from our restaurants (menu varies daily)".

So yes, some evenings, there are minimal buffet offerings but you will be offered a plate of appetizers from Kazahana, the Japanese restaurant. Other evenings, however, there was a full spread of hot and cold offerings from Gordon Ramsay that one evening included foie gras mousse with plum sauce, both raw salmon sushi and cooked salmon with mashed potatoes, a chicken dish of some sort, etc. A fabulous spread that would mitigate the need for dinner if you were so inclined.

The Conrad SIN used to be my favorite Asian Hilton property, but after two stays the Conrad Tokyo is now it. Marvelous property.
I stayed at the Conrad only one night. Probably you had a better experience than mine, and a longer stay to have the best judgment. My comment about the lounge was obviously based only on that stay. As I said before the room was wonderful, and the hotel very nice; only the lounge experience was not as expected. As I reported on my post #513 my personal rating of the Conrad lounges is:
1-Bangkok
2-Singapore
3-Hong Kong
4-Tokyo

Last edited by Aldebaran; Feb 11, 2011 at 11:57 am Reason: grammar
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:04 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Aldebaran
I stayed at the Conrad only one night.
I understand as if I had based my rating of the Conrad Tokyo lounge on our first night experience, I too would have been disappointed with the food offerings. They seemed a bit meager, particularly since we didn't even get offered a plate that evening (not sure why). But I began to see what the pattern was after a couple of nights.

Safe travels.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Doors. That "L" room we had did not have any way to close one section to the other as we have now. This layout is a cube with double doors on each side of the entertainment center which recess into the walls to open/close. Not pocket doors. Regards from Tokyo off to Mumbai.
These are the doors....

Last edited by wendySFO; Feb 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm
Old Feb 11, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
This morning. From Conrad to NRT.

Well. I do have a wonderful wife. She intended to start the use on her Metro pass received with Airport Limousine bus tickets we purchased at NRT yesterday. I just did not think it would be so early in the morning. She went with me to Tokyo Station and got me headed in the right direction purchasing tickets.

From the Conrad we walked to the Ginza subway line. Less than 10 minutes. Took the line to Ginza where we then walked to the Marunouchi line to Tokyo Station. One stop on each line. Purchased a ticket on the NRT Express and also asked about easiet way back to Conrad at which time the agent issued us a ticket for Shimbashi with only one stop. 130 yen. And told that upon arrival back to Tokyo Station that I would stay at the same track and take the next train for Shimbashi which would be the next stop. Now this was interesting because I assume that I could have taken it to Tokyo Station. Well that is probably too much thinking. Will advise on name of line when I return from BOM. Maybe our Japan experts can comment.

Made it to the NH Lounge with lots of time to spare. Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN
AFAIK, the easiest and fastest way from the Conrad to Tokyo station is to walk to Shimbashi station (5 minutes), then take the JR Yamanote line directly to Tokyo station (2nd stop)

FYI, from the Conrad to NRT, instead of the Narita Express, you can also take a bus directly from the Conrad (runs not very frequent), or take a bus at TCAT terminal (runs every 10 minutes), i.e.
-walk 5 min from Conrad to Shimbashi
-take the Asakusa line to Ningyocho
-walk 5 minutes to TCAT station at Suitengumae
-take TCAT to NRT

Well. I do have a wonderful wife. She intended to start the use on her Metro pass received with Airport Limousine bus tickets we purchased at NRT yesterday. I just did not think it would be so early in the morning. She went with me to Tokyo Station and got me headed in the right direction purchasing tickets.

From the Conrad we walked to the Ginza subway line. Less than 10 minutes. Took the line to Ginza where we then walked to the Marunouchi line to Tokyo Station. One stop on each line. Purchased a ticket on the NRT Express and also asked about easiet way back to Conrad at which time the agent issued us a ticket for Shimbashi with only one stop. 130 yen. And told that upon arrival back to Tokyo Station that I would stay at the same track and take the next train for Shimbashi which would be the next stop. Now this was interesting because I assume that I could have taken it to Tokyo Station. Well that is probably too much thinking. Will advise on name of line when I return from BOM. Maybe our Japan experts can comment.

Made it to the NH Lounge with lots of time to spare. Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Van_Looy
AFAIK, the easiest and fastest way from the Conrad to Tokyo station is to walk to Shimbashi station (5 minutes), then take the JR Yamanote line directly to Tokyo station (2nd stop)

FYI, from the Conrad to NRT, instead of the Narita Express, you can also take a bus directly from the Conrad (runs not very frequent), or take a bus at TCAT terminal (runs every 10 minutes), i.e.
-walk 5 min from Conrad to Shimbashi
-take the Asakusa line to Ningyocho
-walk 5 minutes to TCAT station at Suitengumae
-take TCAT to NRT
Cheapest ...perhaps but easiest and fastest either to Tokyo station or Narita you got to be joking.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: LH SEN
So enlighten us, how can one go from the Conrad to Tokyo station in a faster way than I described?

Also, what is a faster way than taking the airport bus directly from the Conrad to NRT?

I agree that taking a bus via TCAT is not the fastest or most convenient way, but I really like the fact that the buses run so frequently there.

I do not like the NEX not very much, it runs infrequent, is rather slow, more expensive and less comfortable than a bus. Perhaps I'm a bit biased, because last time I almost missed my flight, because the NEX was delayed for 1.5 h, without any explanation what was going on, nor information regarding the expected delay time. Scarce information in Japanese, none in English (not even regarding the platform change).

Originally Posted by newbluesea
Cheapest ...perhaps but easiest and fastest either to Tokyo station or Narita you got to be joking.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Van_Looy
So enlighten us, how can one go from the Conrad to Tokyo station in a faster way than I described?

Also, what is a faster way than taking the airport bus directly from the Conrad to NRT?

I agree that taking a bus via TCAT is not the fastest or most convenient way, but I really like the fact that the buses run so frequently there.

I do not like the NEX not very much, it runs infrequent, is rather slow, more expensive and less comfortable than a bus. Perhaps I'm a bit biased, because last time I almost missed my flight, because the NEX was delayed for 1.5 h, without any explanation what was going on, nor information regarding the expected delay time. Scarce information in Japanese, none in English (not even regarding the platform change).
Qiuckest way period Conrad to Tokyo station is taxi.
From Tokyo station TCAT runs every 25/30 mins takes 1hr 20 mins to terminal 2.
From the Conrad it runs 715/815/915 am then every two hours.. not great for an early flight (or late) so off to Tokyo station you go.

NEX takes between 55 mins and 1 hr 5 mins to terminal 2.
Runs approx every 30 mins (except for I believe one hour around midday where two trains leave at about the same time with a 1 hour break till the next train.
Between 618 am and 830 am there are 13 trains to NRT.

Note also with a Suica card the R/T in standard car NEX is 5500Y, TCAT Is 6000Y.

Anything can happen with traffic on both transport modes but more likely to have delay with roads.

Last edited by newbluesea; Feb 12, 2011 at 6:33 pm
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
Originally Posted by globaltrotter
what type of champagne do they serve in the exec lounge? Also do they provide any alcohol during the day outside of cocktail hour? (some hotels will provide beer and wine throughout day but spirits only during cocktail hour)
Was just there (checked out Monday) and they're serving a Cremant de Bourgogne currently, from Vitteaut-Alberti. Not champagne, but good nonetheless. Actually preferred it to the Moet Brut Imperial the Hyatt in Hakone was serving.

Cocktails were served from 6pm-8pm when we were there, with tea from 3pm-5pm.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
NRTEX to Tokyo Station to Shimbashi.

Upon arrival into Tokyo Station had the ticket purchased earlier on Yokosuka line to Shimbashi. Rate 130 yen. Stay at the exact platform you arrive on. It was about 10 minutes later the Yokosuka train arrived. One stop to Shimbashi. This is the way I would go next time. But? How if just arriving into NRT would one even get the one stop ticket on the Yokosuka line? I guess you could just take the train and settle with the station master in Shimbashi? You give up both tickets btw to at the wicket for Shimabshi. A easy walk to the Hotel covered if you stay in the underground passage.

Ginza. We also found yesterday access to the Ginza very easy from the Hotel. On the skywalk or underground for the partial walk was easy. We made a stop at a pastry shop called- Ginza Ruri Main Shop. This place was amazing. The location was just a couple minutes from the new Mitsukoshi building to the right. Our cake was 450 yen which is a bargain considering the location and you can sit down from the hustle bustle of Ginza. Highly recommended. And if you need something special for someone they will wrap you gift in a Japanese pattern cloth for a little bit more. Very impressed. If by chance you are near a JL Lounge they have a Tokyo Coupon Navi Book which has the a shop coupon in it.

Lastly. We have been to a few nice hotels in Tokyo over the past dozen years. My wife really likes this place. She has asked to come back which is no issue. The Lounge is nice esp in consideration they serve offerings from their fine restaurant. In terms of Tokyo the nicest Lounge with the most extensive offering would have to be the Ritz Carlton. All in all the Conrad is getting my wife's vote. We spent some time speaking the with GM. A true Hotel person. Very open. A nice person. Cheers from Tokyo. Back home soon.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
I had a 5 night award stay last week, and confirmed a City Twin Suite because I needed the extra space. (Room cost: 200000 Hilton HHonors points, Upgrade cost: Y9000/night, completely worth it.) Due to my Diamond status, we were upgraded to an Executive City Twin Suite, which I believe has better bathroom amenities.

Overall, it was a good stay, the lounge was small yet nice, and had a good breakfast, but the evening food selection was lacking, when compared to other Conrads in Asia. Free internet was useful, location was good, but not great for first-time visitors to Tokyo.

I got a pleasant surprise in that the room upcharge got me 4X points. (Current Hilton HHonors promo).
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Cord to IC TB

does anyone know how long it would take to walk from The Conrad to The Intercontinental Tokyo Bay, I assume the IC is in the same area that The Conrad is

Or is there an easy subway connection
Old Feb 20, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by portishead
(Room cost: 200000 Hilton HHonors points, Upgrade cost: Y9000/night, completely worth it.)
How did you book this paid upgrade: via HHonors or through the hotel directly

I will be staying at the Conrad on points in July and would also need some extra space as we are travelling with geilux junior

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.