Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jmw
Thanks for the feedback. The 1000 points for the 6 night stay is not worth it considering its 2 people for 6 nights even if the cont breakfast downstairs is mess hall quality. I would like to know what's the actual content of the cont breakfast is downstairs for Golds if they don't get upgraded to exec.
I think it's safe to say you can expect better than 'mess hall' quality. I'm not entirely sure but I believe that the vouchers are for the cold buffet at Cerise -- which includes your usual breads and pastries as well as fruit and cold cuts of meat and cheese.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
After staying at two other Conrads when I was a Gold member, I had high expectations for this hotel, and I ended up being disappointed. As a Diamond member now, no room or view upgrade, in fact, they tried to charge me for it, so it was obviously available. I kept my original room.

Essentially no food service after 11:00 p.m. They had some sausages and one other snack item--that was it. I've never stayed at a 5 star hotel that didn't offer some option for after hours eating. They do have a menu for it--they just don't actually let you order it.

Pool was closed, but I was informed about that at time of booking, so my expectations were set accordingly. Executive lounge is closed today, but was given a breakfast coupon for the restaurant. Unfortunately there was a line, and they would not take names for a wait list, you had a to stay in line. Not sure if that is cultural thing or just how they do it.

There's also a power outage tonight scheduled for 3 hours which I was not informed of until checkin.

The only open restaurants are the Chinese one and the one breakfast was served in. Unfortunately the Kazahana restaurant is closed Sundays and Monday, the two nights of my stay.

Hotel seems understaffed for a 5 star hotel. The concierge desk is almost never attended, so the alternative is to wait in line at the front desk.

While the hotel and rooms are nice, I've received far better service at other Conrads and even regular Hiltons before.

Given the power outage and associated activities, I would think they would at least be as generous as other Conrads. Perhaps it is because I booked the stay with points. However, I'm glad I didn't pay instead. The best rate available would definitely not be worth it.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:51 am
Original Member

Laundry

Can anyone recommend a laundry nearby? I know there is an office building next door. Maybe the office workers have something there?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gabbysz
Can anyone recommend a laundry nearby? I know there is an office building next door. Maybe the office workers have something there?
Check this post if you are willing to do coin op

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post15320219
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Breakfast Voucher

Originally Posted by jmw
I would like to know what's the actual content of the cont breakfast is downstairs for Golds if they don't get upgraded to exec.
One can access any breakfast items available at the Cerise with the breakfast voucher. From what I can member, there were pastry/bread/fresh fruits/porridge (hot item, recall also hot noodle and soba) /salad/salmon/cheese/cold cuts/yogurt/etc.

There is additional charge if order eggs/omelet/waffle at the table.

Last edited by wendySFO; Jan 9, 2012 at 6:01 pm
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:59 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bamboola
Generally, breakfast in the restaurant is limited to two people, but I thought lounge access would be complimentary for all occupants in the room. Is that not true of all Hilton properties?
Originally Posted by saviox
I stayed with my family 2 years ago, 2 rooms booked with points, and all of us had free EL access(also in the same trip, at the Hilton Tokyo and Hilton Osaka, on paid rates).
Originally Posted by geclub1
The only blemish for our stay was that I was charged 3500Yen per day for my kid's lounge access.
@geclub1: perhaps all four of you were in one room?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by b8b
@geclub1: perhaps all four of you were in one room?
Only 3 of us: Two adults, one kid.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:12 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by geclub1
Only 3 of us: Two adults, one kid.
I was planning a stay there this summer so this is a very important point and I am glad it was brought up.

We spoke with the hotel directly and they unfortunately do charge 3500¥ per day, per child under 18 to use the lounge. They said that the only way to avoid this was to get the extra bed in the room, which is 5000¥.

I'm going to see what Hilton has to say about this.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by b8b
I was planning a stay there this summer so this is a very important point and I am glad it was brought up.

We spoke with the hotel directly and they unfortunately do charge 3500¥ per day, per child under 18 to use the lounge. They said that the only way to avoid this was to get the extra bed in the room, which is 5000¥.

Best of luck.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by gabbysz
Last time we stayed there we used coin-up. Took the subway there. I can try and dig out the location if you like.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
We are on property soon and it seems like the treatment of HHonors elites has diminished since our last stay esp in regards to upgrades. The last comment regarding upgrades was not positive. Any comments appreciated. Thank you.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
We are on property soon and it seems like the treatment of HHonors elites has diminished since our last stay esp in regards to upgrades.
If you're a Diamond, what are you worried about? The executive rooms and the regular rooms are exactly the same and you have access to the lounge anyway. The only real upgrade is from city view to bay view.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
There are rooms beyond regular and Executive. We will know in a bit.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hilton may not have very much to say about this. Tokyo would not be the first Conrad to charge for lounge access for anyone over two people granted lounge access due to status or / and two paying in a room (though they do honors "spouse stays free").

Originally Posted by b8b

Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There have been documented upgrades to far better accommodations than those. It doesn't mean they are commonplace, nor that they should be expected, but they have occurred.

Originally Posted by NickW
If you're a Diamond, what are you worried about? The executive rooms and the regular rooms are exactly the same and you have access to the lounge anyway. The only real upgrade is from city view to bay view.
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
There are rooms beyond regular and Executive. We will know in a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.