Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
There are rooms beyond regular and Executive. We will know in a bit.
Sure, but those are suites - and you shouldn't have any expectation of such an upgrade on account of your HHonors status. It just sounds odd to say "it seems like the treatments of HHonors elites has diminished" when you appear to be talking about an upgrade which isn't a benefit of the programme.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I think that's a very good point. Even an upgrade is not guaranteed - it's contingent on availability (not to mention Nor1 these days), but maybe our expectations become unrealistically high after being granted some exceptional upgrades, etc. In that case, it's more about our altered POV than any actual program devaluation.

Originally Posted by NickW
Sure, but those are suites - and you shouldn't have any expectation of such an upgrade on account of your HHonors status. It just sounds odd to say "it seems like the treatments of HHonors elites has diminished" when you appear to be talking about an upgrade which isn't a benefit of the programme.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
On thing that might affect the perception of upgrades: I suspect that the hotel has a mismatch between the available rooms and the rooms requested by your average FT'er. Your average guest at a Japanese luxury hotel is much more likely to a) smoke and b) want a twin room, and inventory reflects that.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Several posts up someone noted getting no upgrade even with rooms for sell. Also hhonors t&c seem to note upgrade to suites is possible as a elite benefit. So what would be wrong with my reasonable expectations?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:33 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Items noted so far. Sorry if posted before.

Internet access cards still necessary for wifi in particular. Given sufficient amount for my wife's iPad.

Lounge items this evening were buffet style again versis set plates.

Received two certificates at check-in with spa promotion. 20,000 yen for 120 minutes worth of treatments. This is off 42,000 yen.

The rooms/suites continue to be well maintained and fresh. Lounge staff is excellent.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:52 pm

Things to Do.

Today we will shop at La Laport Tokyo Bay. There are a number of these in Japan and it is where the locals shop. Lots of variety and usually fully enclosed so perfect if the weather is bad. Easy access with public transportation. Lots of food options.

http://tokyobay.lalaport.net/lala_eng/index.html

Tomorrow we will go to Saitama and visit the Railway Museum.

http://www.railway-museum.jp/en/

Looking online also reminded how close Tsukuji is to the Conrad. A possible option for a great early morning meal.

http://www.tsukiji-market.or.jp/tukiji_e.htm
Old Feb 21, 2012, 2:14 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
I just booked a stay from March 24 - April 1 and I can't wait. I stayed here for 4 nights in 2009.

Did you get an upgrade? How is the drink selection in the lounge?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:57 am

The Conrad Tokyo always treats us well.

The Lounge has a extensive drink (liquor) selection every evening which is complimentary. Seeing everyone enjoying their drinks this evening always makes me wish I myself enjoyed drinking more.

Breakfast in the Lounge was solid and our eggs were cooked perfect in a country that we have always found difficult to get eggs prepared properly.

A FYI for those with JCB cards. If you look at the visitjapan.jp website you will see that using the card gets you 30% off on Airport Limousine bus tickets at NRT. Remember also to pay the small upcharge for a two day Tokyo metro ticket. A excellent value. This was a limited time promotion.

This evening we went back to Shiodome towards Shimbashi Station. On your right there is a Breads puff pastry shop. As you round that corner on the right is a noodle shop. We had a great bowl of cold noodles with a couple toppings made to order. Excellent. Looking at the store you sit on individual seats along a set of long bar tables. The cooking area is to the right. Did not see any cards for the place.

Remember to let the maids refresh your room in the evening. That is when your Conrad bears arrive on your pillow.

For those who may stay here before heading to Haneda taking a early morning aka late night flight there is a late night Airport Limousine bus from the Royal Park which departs at 9:20 ish PM for HND.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:18 pm

Does anyone have a picture of the floor plan at this hotel or recommend a specific suite number? Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:24 pm

That is a good question. I've never seen them online and the floor plan on the back of the door would be of little help IMHO. Suites are spread over the entire very long hall in the middle and corners which are not true corner suites as the space does house hotel use space. If I see something while on property will advise.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:53 pm

We enjoyed our stay. As a FYI on Fri, Sat and Sun evenings plates are still served in the Lounge versus buffet style. We also went to the Cup Noodle Museum in Yokohama. Did not go to the Railroad Museum in Saitama this trip. We did notice a bronze bust in the lobby. Reading the plaque the Hotel won the Conrad award last year. Heading home.

CBDD*****
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Thanks for the reports.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by NickW
I suspect that the hotel has a mismatch between the available rooms and the rooms requested by your average FT'er. Your average guest at a Japanese luxury hotel is much more likely to a) smoke and b) want a twin room, and inventory reflects that.
When booking a room, the web site says "All rooms at this property are non-smoking." (Still, when we checked in, our room was very smokey, for which the hotel apologized and reconfirmed that it wasn't permitted.)

The Lounge has a extensive drink (liquor) selection every evening which is complimentary. Seeing everyone enjoying their drinks this evening always makes me wish I myself enjoyed drinking more.
If you are in the lounge when evening h'ors d'oeuvres start at 6, an attendant will come by and inform you of this and take your drink order (they always seem surprised when we don't want anything -- they are not used to non-drinkers I guess).

Breakfast in the Lounge was solid and our eggs were cooked perfect in a country that we have always found difficult to get eggs prepared properly.
There is a chef to make your eggs as you like; at least during our stay now, his omelets are amazingly light and fluffy, like eating a cloud stuffed with goodies. (Likewise at the Le Meredién Etoile in Paris.)

Remember to let the maids refresh your room in the evening. That is when your Conrad bears arrive on your pillow.
While I did see the turn-down cart stuffed with bags of Conrad Bears, we only got one (even when we changed rooms because the first one was smokey, there was none in the new room nor was one replaced during turn-down service). Not that I am in any way disappointed; I'm confident that if I asked for an extra bear I'd be cheerfully given one, and thanked for taking it .

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
Does anyone have a picture of the floor plan at this hotel or recommend a specific suite number?
The suites in the middle of the floors are the smallest, I think (still quite nice, of course).

The corner ones at the low end are larger, with an expansive bathroom featuring a Roman toilet (i.e., in its own room) at one end, a large soaker tub at the other, a cool double-entry shower, in the middle, and dual sinks alongside the shower. The double-entry shower doors swing both ways, so you can access the towel without getting the floor wet. There is a TV above the tub. The xx01 have a lovely view of the bay and garden.

The corner ones at the high end are even larger, with a huge sitting area that has a dining table at the window. These have a smaller bathroom, still with dual sinks and Roman toilet, but the tub and shower are together in a wet room. The TV is inside, next to the shower. The bathroom has a terrific view of the bay and garden (with a fully-adjustable zoned electric blind). These suites, xx45, have an even better view of the bay and garden than do the xx01 ones.

Here is a floor plan, but it isn't much help:

As a FYI on Fri, Sat and Sun evenings plates are still served in the Lounge versus buffet style.
During our stay, at the start of evening h'ors d'oeuvres an attendant comes by with a plate featuring selections, but there is also a buffet (with even more stuff).
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by anabolism
While I did see the turn-down cart stuffed with bags of Conrad Bears, we only got one (even when we changed rooms because the first one was smokey, there was none in the new room nor was one replaced during turn-down service). Not that I am in any way disappointed; I'm confident that if I asked for an extra bear I'd be cheerfully given one, and thanked for taking it .
When I stayed with my family, 2 rooms, a couple of years ago, the 2nd night we were tired and we refused the turn-down service but I asked the lady with the cart for a couple of Conrad bears and she gave me 3 or 4.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:54 am

Our bears are very happy being home. My wife has them all around even hanging from the vents in her car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.