Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:29 pm

Given EL access as gold member in December...

Originally Posted by stifle
Executive lounge access at the Conrad Tokyo is given to all diamond guests and to those gold guests granted an upgrade to an executive room.
We were not upgraded to a better room, but had EL access. It was terrific!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:53 pm

Booked an Axon award for 145k for November 2014. Hope it is just as good as the Conrad Centennial Singapore
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by metoo
Booked an Axon award for 145k for November 2014. Hope it is just as good as the Conrad Centennial Singapore
I didnt know you could even book awards out 21 months in advance?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:17 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by hailstorm
What do you mean by "never initially received a room on the executive floor"? Do you mean that you got one after asking for it?
I don't care about being on the executive floor, but I strongly prefer the Tokyo Bay view. Oddly, they always have me in a city view when I arrive. Sometimes I get the bay view when asking at check-in, sometimes I have to move on day 2 or 3.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by metoo
AXON certs expire a year after issue, so you may have problems.
Originally Posted by jpdx
I don't care about being on the executive floor, but I strongly prefer the Tokyo Bay view. Oddly, they always have me in a city view when I arrive. Sometimes I get the bay view when asking at check-in, sometimes I have to move on day 2 or 3.
City view rooms are cheaper.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:44 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

City view rooms are cheaper.
Within the same category. If the rate matters, why would they upgrade a base room booking to an executive floor city view, which is more expensive than a base room with Bay view? It's a bit baffling that a hotel of this caliber doesn't seem to note repeat guests' upgrade preference. I have been given city view executive several times and requested to move to a standard Bay view. They're happy to oblige, but why can't they get it right in the first place? And, back to the topic I commented on, if they're stingy with Diamond upgrades, how much generosity can Golds expect?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
A point of interest on the lounge evening service: the canapés each evening are a selection of items from one of the hotel's restaurants, rotating through the restaurants through the week. On weeknights it is a buffet and you take what you like, but on weekends the lounge dragons bring one plate per person with one of each item. All week there are also breadsticks, dips, salty snacks, and chocolates. Beverage-wise, soft drinks, juices, and water along with a couple of choices of red and white wine, two or three beers (I recall Heineken and Asahi Super Dry), and sparkling wine, and a selection of spirits.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:05 am

I saw the one item per plate method during the week as well. It was reasonably busy that night. Still enjoyed quite a few items though.

As for treatment as a Gold, I've been there twice as Gold and once as Diamond. No upgrades in room size but im reasonably sure i booked city and ended up with a lovely bay view each time . I only recieved lounge access as Diamond. The hotel is excellent as is. My feelings were not hurt. I'm sure the suites are amazing but I was out running around the city so much, the regular room was just fine.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by MissJ
I saw the one item per plate method during the week as well. It was reasonably busy that night. Still enjoyed quite a few items though.
+1 in getting one plate with a few canapés on weekdays and not an opened buffet but it was just after New Year, so probably occupancy was low.
In this respect, the Hilton Tokyo is much better IMHO.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
A point of interest on the lounge evening service: the canapés each evening are a selection of items from one of the hotel's restaurants, rotating through the restaurants through the week. On weeknights it is a buffet and you take what you like, but on weekends the lounge dragons bring one plate per person with one of each item. All week there are also breadsticks, dips, salty snacks, and chocolates. Beverage-wise, soft drinks, juices, and water along with a couple of choices of red and white wine, two or three beers (I recall Heineken and Asahi Super Dry), and sparkling wine, and a selection of spirits.
So, that's how they do it. I was there for three nights two years back and one night they brought plates from their Japanes restaurant. I thought they were just trying to drum up business — and maybe they were. Overall, I like the open plan buffet better, but I never did get to try the plate from Gordon Ramsay's place or China Blue. I'll get another chance later this year.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:30 pm

contact info

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
That would be a shame. I will e-mail the GM.
RTWSTARALLIANCE,

Could you provide me with the e-mail and contact info for the Conrad Tokyo GM? I am planning a stay there this summer and had some questions about our reservation, etc...

Thanks,

Greg
Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a reservations email link on the Conrad Hotels website...
Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:13 pm

There's a reservations email link on the Conrad Hotels website...
Thanks, but either that e-mail is no longer valid or their server is down.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:26 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gvaughn
Thanks, but either that e-mail is no longer valid or their server is down.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
Thanks Much! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.