Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by kpc
We are staying here over Easter...looking at transport options from Narita...is there a door to door bus (and costs)? Or Narita express and then subway? Thanks in advance..
Keisei Skyliner = 39 Minutes to Nippori Station
Transfer to JR Yamanote Line to Shinbashi.
Transfer to [Driverless] Monorail, one stop.
Escalator it down to Concierge 1, up elevator to Front Desk

Spock Seat @:-)
Old Dec 24, 2012, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
Personally, I think that last transfer is an unnecessary expense.

From the basement exit of Shinbashi station, there's an underground passage that will take you to the Conrad with a 5 or 6 minute walk. Probably faster than taking that last train for a couple hundred meters (which doesn't get you all that much closer to the hotel anyway...)
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm

From the basement exit of Shinbashi station, there's an underground passage that will take you to the Conrad with a 5 or 6 minute walk. Probably faster than taking that last train for a couple hundred meters (which doesn't get you all that much closer to the hotel anyway...)
Recall it is longer than 5 min walk, but I would also do the walk and avoid another transfer.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 7:39 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
The most convenient option is Airport Limousine Bus, which takes about 90 minutes door to door and costs JPY3000. Limited schedule, but the best option if it works with your flight arrival times. In addition, there are various train options (Narita Express, Skyliner) with with multiple connection and alighting options. Check Hyperdia to find options near your arrival times. With trains, depending on your familiarity with Japanese public transit and desire to explore with heavy luggage, you may want to go to Tokyo station and then take a cab (about JPY2000) to Conrad. Such a mixed-mode option also exists for the bus (a potential option if you arrive at times where the Conrad bus doesn't run), where you can go to TCAT and then take a cab from there.
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
Escalator it down to Concierge 1, up elevator to Front Desk

Spock Seat @:-)
Originally Posted by hailstorm

Thanks. I arrive at Nrt very early in the am, and leave late at night, so the limousine bus schedule is not really convenient. This sounds the way to go:
Keisei Skyliner = 39 Minutes to Nippori Station, Transfer to JR Yamanote Line to Shinbashi; from the basement exit of Shinbashi station, there's an underground passage that will take you to the Conrad with a 5 or 6 minute walk.@:-)

PS I have been to Tokyo before so know what to expect! Hey I survived navigating Shinjuku station...just!!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:34 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by kpc
from the basement exit of Shinbashi station, there's an underground passage that will take you to the Conrad with a 5 or 6 minute walk.
For what it's worth, I find that walk incredibly inconvenient with luggage. There are several level changes (stairs/escalators). If you're traveling with a lot of stuff (and insist on walking rather than taking a cab), I would take the ground-level Shiodome exit of Shimbashi station and head over 50ft to the elevator that goes up to the concourse level of Yurikamome Line (train enthusisats may correct me on the terminology -- this is the lowest elevated level, where the Sunkus and Starbucks are, NOT where the trains run). Walk straight on the elevated walkway until you can go no further (you hit Dentsu building), then turn right and walk until you reach the elevator by the Shiodome building (take to ground floor). From there, it's an easy 200ft walk to the Conrad entrance. This walkway isn't covered, so if it's cold or rainy, the depressing underground walkway may be the better option.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Currently I'm on a 7-hour delay getting to Tokyo and will land past 10pm. Lots of luggage unfortunately. It looks like the NEX will stop running before we can catch it, and the last limo bus will be long gone.

Am I correct that taxi will be our only option for reaching the Conrad at that time of night without having multiple changes of train? I think we'll be too late for the SkyLiner unless I'm reading things wrong.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by dcpatti
Currently I'm on a 7-hour delay getting to Tokyo and will land past 10pm. Lots of luggage unfortunately. It looks like the NEX will stop running before we can catch it, and the last limo bus will be long gone.

Am I correct that taxi will be our only option for reaching the Conrad at that time of night without having multiple changes of train? I think we'll be too late for the SkyLiner unless I'm reading things wrong.
You could take the Limousine Bus to the TCAT terminal and then take a taxi. The last bus leaves NRT at 11:00pm and arrives midnight at TCAT. Then its a short and relative inexpensive taxi ride.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 5:15 pm

Looks like a 10:30 pm touchdown for us which likely puts the limo-bus to TCAT out of reach. Happy for any other tips!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you hurry, there is a bus that leaves at 11:25pm for Tokyo Station, arriving at 12:27am. From there, you can either take the 12:37am Yamanote line to Shinbashi and walk, or maybe a 3000-4000 yen taxi from Tokyo Station (taxi fares go up after 11pm)

If the delay is the airline's fault, maybe they could put you up for the night? Or at least offer to reimburse the taxi fares?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dcpatti
Looks like a 10:30 pm touchdown for us which likely puts the limo-bus to TCAT out of reach. Happy for any other tips!
If I was in your sit, Id look into staying in a Narita hotel for the night, then back to NRT for a limobus the next morn.Unless you have to be somewhere early the next morn A cab to a Narita Hotel will be nothing compared to what it will cost to the Conrad
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:07 pm

Thanks guys. We managed to just barely make the last bus to T-CAT, thanks to speedy customs/immigration and quick baggage handling. From there, just 1800 JPY taxi fare to the Conrad. Easy peasy but I wouldn't have had the idea on my own, in my stressed and tired state, so once again it's FlyerTalk FTW!!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:28 pm

I can stay 8 days at the conrad tokyo is there is any reason at all that I should split 4 days in conrad tokyo and hilton tokyo. I have enough points so that is not the problem.
The only possible reasons I have is leaving to Nrt on my final day and is the hilton tokyo a better base to see tokyo than the Conrad?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:45 pm

I think majority of the people on this thread would say, if these two hotels are your only option, you should stay at the Conrad. The amenities are just a thrill, unless of course you want to experience another hotel.

Enjoy your stay.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snugglening
I can stay 8 days at the conrad tokyo is there is any reason at all that I should split 4 days in conrad tokyo and hilton tokyo. I have enough points so that is not the problem.
The only possible reasons I have is leaving to Nrt on my final day and is the hilton tokyo a better base to see tokyo than the Conrad?
No. It's a good hike from Shinjuku station, and there's nothing of interest in the immediate vicinity.

If you must try another Hilton in Japan, I would choose the Odawara Hilton. You can take a train straight from Shinbashi to Odawara in about 90 minutes, with a 20 minute free shuttle bus ride from there.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:29 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by snugglening
The two hotels are in very different areas. The Hilton is next to many government offices, and there is shopping and malls nearby. The Conrad is in a business area but you can walk to Ginza. Of course both are close to subway lines.

If you split your stay you will get two stay credits, if that matters. On the other hand, I like to unpack and get settled in to one hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.