Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by birdyy
Thanks so much.

My sister just checked in at Lake Louise for 3 night. They upgraded her to a gold room with free breakfast. Concierge said hold onto the breakfast certificates because she won't need to use them. Not sure what to do with them now so thought I would inquire. Nice upgrade. I'm kind of shocked.
Sounds like a great upgrade!

You can always use the breakfast certs during another stay. You don´t have to use the free night certs and the breakfast certs during the same stay.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:58 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Sounds like a great upgrade!

You can always use the breakfast certs during another stay. You don´t have to use the free night certs and the breakfast certs during the same stay.
Sadly, they are expiring very soon. Possibly next week.

Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I called the FPC line and asked very very nicely if they can extend the certs for a few weeks. Maybe you can get by for a month, not sure if that will help.
Wow, gold floor upgrade, I am shocked!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:52 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I called the FPC line and asked very very nicely if they can extend the certs for a few weeks. Maybe you can get by for a month, not sure if that will help.
Wow, gold floor upgrade, I am shocked!
Thank you for the suggestion.

I have already extended the whole lot (room and breakfast), so probably not.

Yes, gold floor upgrade. I was shocked as well. They said the hotel was sold out, but they had the gold room available. Sounded good.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:00 pm

Sorry to make this a separate post, but I need a quick answer.

Are the breakfast certificates strictly for breakfast or can they be used for other meals or even the spa?

Thanks much.

Curious now that they have the all electronic system. Does the hotel really check to see if it's breakfast vs lunch or dinner. If it's a restaurant that has service for multiple meals are they really checking that?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Do you have to check in hotel to use the breakfast? Can one just go for breakfast and leave?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by L3talk
Do you have to check in hotel to use the breakfast? Can one just go for breakfast and leave?
The $25 dining/spa certificates you can use for sure not staying onsite. I've used these certs, and the round of golf passion certs before without staying onsite.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:41 pm

Good to know, thanks , in case can't find time to stay , we can at least use it before it expires in Feb.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:27 pm
Original Member

I had to share because only folks here would truly appreciate this.

My sister was at Lake Louise for 3 days (one paid, two Chase free nights) and then moved to Banff for two nights (Chase free nights). As I've already mentioned, they upgraded her to a gold floor room in LL and then when she got to Banff, there was an issue using the suite upgrade and getting 2 queen beds. Reservations never mentioned that the suites don't have 2 queen beds so we calming and politely complained. They said they could give her a gold floor room for $100 a night charge and she said, she wasn't happy with that and that since there was a mix up in what reservation didn't tell us (I made the reservations as that's my job ), she wasn't happy with the idea of paying anything extra. Mentioned that she was upgraded in LL and bang, upgrade to gold floor room in Banff.

We've traveled to amazing places, but I think she ruined now to anything less than the gold floor.

Last edited by birdyy; Oct 12, 2013 at 2:12 pm
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:04 pm

Hi, I applied the card a month ago and had already earned all certificates allowed for new Premium member. but I seems cant find point balance on fairmont.com? there are my certificate, my reservation...etc. but where is my account balance? can someone advise how to check account point balance? and also where to find options for redeeming the points? Thank you so much for your help!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
... but I seems cant find point balance on fairmont.com?
That's because the point balance is not on fairmont.com

Login into our account on chase.com You will find a link to your points under your Fairmont Card.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:03 pm

Oh, ok, thanks for your advise , this is different than my other Chase card
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Oh, ok, thanks for your advise , this is different than my other Chase card
Yeah, Fairmont points are kind of like Ultimate Rewards points ... except totally different accounts. It is Chase that keeps track of the points, not Fairmont.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Mentioned that she was upgraded in LL and bang, upgrade to gold floor room in Banff.
This is unprecedented, can I have her karma, wow!

On an unrelated note, I may have seen this before...

If you already have a Visa night in your Fairmont account for the $12k spend, do you lose it if you can cancel the card? If yes, will the answer be no if you make a reservation with it before you cancel?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:34 pm

churn?

Anyone know how churnable this card is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.