Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by oopl
Nope, nothing yet.
Nothing here either. Hopefully they're so backed-up that I'll receive the no annual fee Chase Sapphire first.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by lbotez
Depends on how you got the certificate. If it's for 12 months, and you spent $12K, you get a year to use it. If it's for less than 12 months, and you spent $6K, then it's only good until the end of Feb 2018.

It's in the letter from Fairmont.
No, it expires Feb 28th, no matter how much you spent.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by khlay
You booked it through Fairmont or directly with hotel? I'm planing our Xmas trip to Orchid and would like to try the same method. I think the new cert should arrive by mid Dec.
It was a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure I called the hotel directly.
I think they'll do it for you.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
No, it expires Feb 28th, no matter how much you spent.
To clarify, if your anniversary date was before Aug 14th, and you spent $12k before then, you get a cert good for a year. If you had already earned a cert, or hadn't, but started spending when you got the letter, and spent any amount over $6k, but had less than 12 full months to do so, you will get a cert that expires on Feb 28, 2018.

I earned mine in May, received it in June, and have until June 30, 2018 to use it. I spent another $7 or $8k before August 14th, and I am getting a cert in October that expires on 2/28/18.
I was going to spend $12k, but Fairmont made it clear that no matter how much I spent, the cert would expire on 2/28/18, so I stopped spending on this card.
Chase tried to tell me otherwise, but they don't issue the certs. Fairmont does. And both confirmed that no one should expect a cert before October.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by gnomey
Did you do the CSP->CS->CF conversion, or did you do CSP->CF directly?

I asked to have the latter done today via SM to Chase, but got turned down saying card ownership is not yet up to 1 year. So perhaps, I had to do the former...
I directly pc'ed to CF. I had card >1 yr
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:50 pm

Just notice that I got a stay credit on 8/11. Shouldn't it be for $7.5k+ spending? I have only put a little bit over 6k on it.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:24 pm

Received Chase Sapphire no annual fee card in mail on Fri 8/25

I Received my Chase Sapphire no annual fee card in mail on Fri 8/25/17. No CSP. Must have made the product switch just in time. Now I have to wait it out until the Fall to PC to a Freedom.

Wife has not received her Chase Sapphire no annual fee card; but then she was late in calling to do the PC (early this week). So she may get a CSP in the mail first. Dunno, we'll see.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:58 am

I spent $6K to qualify for a free night. Any reason I should wait to convert to a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited? I'd like to make sure my free night deposits -- but it doesn't seem that it will deposit for 6-8 weeks... and I'd like my Freedom or Freedom Unlimited beforehand. Thoughts?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
But I thought others would like to know that they are unlikely to get certs before October. So only a 5 month window to use them.
Depending on what part of October one gets the certs, it could be as little as 4 months to use the free night cert. And not the best time of year to use them. Bleh.

We've tried Fairmont this year and thought the hotels were OK but we're feeling that Intercontinental is a better value and will likely move Intercontinental to our primary hotel chain (although we're not as pumped about the rest of IHG).
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
PC'd on 8/14... Just got my freedom card in the mail. Not sure if CSP was even/ever made. Also got my AF refund on account! Score!
Ditto here, never got the CSP but have my Freedom Unlimited now and prorated AF refund.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by itsallgood
Depending on what part of October one gets the certs, it could be as little as 4 months to use the free night cert. And not the best time of year to use them. Bleh.

We've tried Fairmont this year and thought the hotels were OK but we're feeling that Intercontinental is a better value and will likely move Intercontinental to our primary hotel chain (although we're not as pumped about the rest of IHG).
Never stayed at an IHG hotel. Starwood and Hyatt are my main two. I like Fairmont, especially SF, Sonoma, and Maui, but Sonoma is the only one I've ever paid to stay at.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Never stayed at an IHG hotel. Starwood and Hyatt are my main two. I like Fairmont, especially SF, Sonoma, and Maui, but Sonoma is the only one I've ever paid to stay at.
If you do a price search on an Intercontinental property and find it cheaper than a Fairmont, give it a try. I'd be curious to see if you share my opinion. In San Francisco, I haven't stayed at the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins but I've stayed at the Intercontinental on Howard St. Very nice property.
I think you'll find the quality of furnishings and service levels at least on par, if not better than, Fairmonts at Intercontinentals. And from what I've seen on comparing prices, Intercontinentals have a lower price point than Fairmonts.

I can't say the same about the rest of the brands at IHG. Just about all other brands are a large step down from Intercontinental. I can't speak for Kimpton because I haven't stayed at any of their properties, but they've stayed independent of IHG, much like Fairmont/Raffles/Swissotel has stayed independent of Accor so far.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Received an email from Chase today titled "oopl, we mailed your credit card"
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by khlay
Just notice that I got a stay credit on 8/11. Shouldn't it be for $7.5k+ spending? I have only put a little bit over 6k on it.
Received 2 stays, but then I had 16K in spend. Did you receive the card this year or have you had it for a while? Perhaps they also prorated the stay credit (on accounts less than a year). Only a guess.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
Received 2 stays, but then I had 16K in spend. Did you receive the card this year or have you had it for a while? Perhaps they also prorated the stay credit (on accounts less than a year). Only a guess.
I have it for many years. As you suggested, they might prorate it. It should be an easy change for the system. Do hope they have same kind of efficiency for the last free night cert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.