Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Hyatt Visa also gives you status, so it may be worth keeping if you stay at Hyatts a fair amount. I would consider the AF and the free night a fair deal alone if you can use it.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
What Dmodemd said VS. simplicity. Decisions, decisions !
$75 for the free night is a great deal, but Discoverist status is a small deal.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
What Dmodemd said VS. simplicity. Decisions, decisions !
$75 for the free night is a great deal, but Discoverist status is a small deal.
Agree. Hyatt's Discoverist is not very useful and not even close to Fairmont.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Has anyone received the additional night cert for $6k/12k spend by Aug 15th. I'm at 8+ weeks since meeting the spend requirement. Trying to determine at what point should I start following-up with Chase and Fairmont - especially considering the shortened shelf life of these certs.

-FlyerBeek

+1 Mhdena! BTW, Aug. 14 + 8 weeks = Oct. 9; +10 weeks = Oct. 23. I qualify for the 1-year validity, so I'm in no big hurry to get mine.
Update: just spoke with the Fairmont rep who handles these certificates. She said the additional free night certificate should be deposited by October 10th for all those who met the spend requirement.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Update: just spoke with the Fairmont rep who handles these certificates. She said the additional free night certificate should be deposited by October 10th for all those who met the spend requirement.

-FlyerBeek
heh, yeah I think there is that one woman who does all the certs. I think most of us have spoken to her (maybe indirectly) at one point or another.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by dmodemd
heh, yeah I think there is that one woman who does all the certs. I think most of us have spoken to her (maybe indirectly) at one point or another.
If that's the case, had anyone asked her if PC or CSP cancellation may cause any problem?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Just wait to cancel the card (if you can) until you receive the certificate into your account. Chase does not claw 'em back once issued.
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Doesn't the anniversary free night have "last room" availability? (at least, that's what I read on the travelsort blog.)

I called Fairmont and they said the anniversary free night has identical conditions to the signup bonus free nights.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:35 pm

Eethan, your second sentence is true. A standard "Fairmont Room" must be available, but it can be the last one of those at the hotel of your choice. No further "capacity controls" except for The Plaza NYC and The Savoy of London.
I bet it was the Ovation Certificates which have "last room" availability.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:58 pm

Eethan, your second sentence is true. A standard "Fairmont Room" must be available, but it can be the last one of those at the hotel of your choice. No further "capacity controls" except for The Plaza NYC and The Savoy of London.
I bet it was the Ovation Certificates which have "last room" availability.
Wait - the signup bonus free nights have blackout dates (what Fairmont calls "limited availability"). So if the same rules apply to the anniversary free night, then it's definitely "capacity controlled."
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:31 pm

OK, Eethan, no capacity controls on other than their "Limited Access Dates."
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:35 pm

cancel card before free night deposited?

just saw someone above posted to try and not cancel new chase preferred until we receive the fairmont night. I didn't think about that and already cancelled the new chase card to get the annual fee refund.

has anyone cancelled and still received the free night, or does anyone have experience with this kind of situation and know if they'll still issue? Seems like once Chase Fairmont gave the OK, that it was just a matter of depositing the free night so I never thought it might not go through if the card was cancelled.

thanks in advance!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: Everything
Originally Posted by mdcubsfan
just saw someone above posted to try and not cancel new chase preferred until we receive the fairmont night. I didn't think about that and already cancelled the new chase card to get the annual fee refund.

has anyone cancelled and still received the free night, or does anyone have experience with this kind of situation and know if they'll still issue? Seems like once Chase Fairmont gave the OK, that it was just a matter of depositing the free night so I never thought it might not go through if the card was cancelled.

thanks in advance!
I cancelled my new Chase card a month ago. There was nothing in the original letter from Fairmont that said holding onto the account was a condition for receiving an earned free-night certificate. They'd have a class-action suit on their hands if they didn't honor the wording of the letter.

I refuse to fret about it until October 10th.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:24 pm

I thought I read somewhere that the free night to be issued next month will be valid for 6 months. Is that the case or will it expire on Feb 28?

Either way, Fairmont is asking it's customers to visit Canada in winter. - I bet many of these nights will go unredeemed.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
I thought I read somewhere that the free night to be issued next month will be valid for 6 months. Is that the case or will it expire on Feb 28?

Either way, Fairmont is asking it's customers to visit Canada in winter. - I bet many of these nights will go unredeemed.
Depends on whether you earned it for 12 months by spending $12k, or earned it by spending only $6K (for people who had less then 12 months). The letter from Chase specifically says it's good for a year after issue if you earned it from the bonus for the Fairmont card for spending $12K in 12 months.

The $6K award is a special thing for people who didn't have 12 months left to earn the reward, therefore it only lasts until 2/28/18. Not sure about those who didn't have 12 months from their start date, but spent $12K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.