Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Shrimp rice bowl today, which was decent but not very filling. Oddest thing was the two other entree choices got a real salad, while I got watermelon with sesame seeds?
that’s a watermelon salad. A summer favorite of mine!
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by jewree
I've tried ... 1 hour 15 min on hold and call got dropped before it was ever answered, then another 58 minutes but I had to go and hung up at that point.

People mention getting an email 2-3 days before with a link to select their meals - any chance someone could share what the link looks like? I might be able to construct one for my flight? (I didn't get that email, just got a text about what to expect, etc, nothing about meal).
Do you have the Delta app on your phone? You can also select from there.

Worst case, don't panic. You generally have a choice of the main three items on the flight itself.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:25 am

Choice for breakfast on recent flight was omelet, coconut chia bowl, or charcuterie. Choice for return for dinner was beef spare rib, shrimp bowl or impossible burger. I had omelet and sparerib and both were very good - like 2015 Delta food good!!
Minnyappleus and Bailorg like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
Anyone had any of these? I’m considering the lamb. But wondering if it will be good coming from DUB outpost

Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:52 am

I assume Premium Select is still getting Y food or has it reverted back (or to some variation of the original)? Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by deltatrav
I assume Premium Select is still getting Y food or has it reverted back (or to some variation of the original)? Thanks.
Delta's likely not keen on enhancing a product that's actually selling pretty well (even without premium service). Vote with your wallet. Many are buying into the upgrade as is = no incentive for change.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by deltatrav
Yes, DPS is currently still getting the Y food but they have been testing the revised service out of SEA on some routes. No idea when the rollout is scheduled for.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
DL657 JFK-LAX

My upgrade cleared at the gate so didn't see the menu; I also ended up at the tail end of order-taking so didn't hear all of the options. I ended up eating a meal of baked orecchiette with kale, roasted tomatoes, and a sauce with Impossible Meat, along with a side salad and polenta bread.

Decent though it looks more like a pre-Covid non-premium transcon standard F meal than a D1 one
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:26 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
West Coast - Hawaii Dinner

DL443 LAX-HNL

Another upgrade cleared at the gate so I had to go off of what was put in front of me; the options were chicken or beef.

I'll describe it as something like Chicken Cacciatore with broccolini, a romaine salad with caesar dressing, and a chocolate cake for dessert.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Decent though it looks more like a pre-Covid non-premium transcon standard F meal than a D1 one
I like orecchiette, but the kale would be a deal breaker for me.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
I am just trying to verify.....currently flying ATL-JAC (over 1500 mile flight out of Delta's biggest hub), we should be getting more than a sad box and plastic cups, correct? Second time in a few weeks I flew this flight and this is the second time I have gotten this same pathetic meal. I should be getting a hot meal shouldn't i?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
I am just trying to verify.....currently flying ATL-JAC (over 1500 mile flight out of Delta's biggest hub), we should be getting more than a sad box and plastic cups, correct? Second time in a few weeks I flew this flight and this is the second time I have gotten this same pathetic meal. I should be getting a hot meal shouldn't i?
nope- most likely a box due to lack of catering on the JAC end. It seems Delta likes to keep meals consistent on outbound and return.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
DL443 LAX-HNL

Another upgrade cleared at the gate so I had to go off of what was put in front of me; the options were chicken or beef.

I'll describe it as something like Chicken Cacciatore with broccolini, a romaine salad with caesar dressing, and a chocolate cake for dessert.
I seriously don't understand why Delta can't come up with either printed menus for domestic or a QR code of some kind.
"Chicken or Beef, you figure it out" is such a crap way to describe things and not premium at all.
Originally Posted by Fates
Anyone had any of these? I’m considering the lamb. But wondering if it will be good coming from DUB outpost

damn I hope people on the plane that don't pre-select like "summer vegetables".
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Fates
Had the lamb ex-DUB last month:

Was a solid portion but was kinda overcooked so overall was ok I guess. Rest of the pictures here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34327588-post1066.html
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
A friend of mine discovered something recently.

See this link?:
https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/FRA-ATL/

You can change the origin and destination at the end of the URL to view the onboard menu for any D1 route!
suec1, boss315 and peagreenid like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.