Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Anyone try the warm turkey melt?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
I seriously don't understand why Delta can't come up with either printed menus for domestic or a QR code of some kind.
"Chicken or Beef, you figure it out" is such a crap way to describe things and not premium at all.

damn I hope people on the plane that don't pre-select like "summer vegetables".
Vague summer vegetables for all! I guess this means we can at least hope they're all fresh...
Dawgfan6291 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
Originally Posted by truncated
Had the lamb ex-DUB last month:

Was a solid portion but was kinda overcooked so overall was ok I guess. Rest of the pictures here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34327588-post1066.html

Ah, brilliant, thanks for linking to the report. Seems overall pretty good. I'm more used to the AF service from DUB - JFK via CDG so I'll be curious about the Delta offer. I guess pre-clearance makes it worth it. Very torn between the lamb and the salmon. Yours does seem quite overcooked - I wonder if they'd take it out of the oven a little early, if I asked.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
I seriously don't understand why Delta can't come up with either printed menus for domestic or a QR code of some kind.
"Chicken or Beef, you figure it out" is such a crap way to describe things and not premium at all..
It has always seemed to me that when coach stopped getting food at all first started getting coach food
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
I've found that the menus shown there are only sorta accurate to what is served on board. My last flight (SFO-BOS) 2 of the options were the same, but the salad, dessert, and vegetarian entree were totally different.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Meal option showed up for my flight next week PHX-SEA, pretty underwhelming, anyone any experience selecting a special meal option.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by findark
DL 885: SFO to MSP
July 10, 2022
Boeing 737-900, Lunch

The menu was the same as has been posted a few times upthread, although on this flight the FA offered a laminated, printed menu (presumably a crew copy) instead of reading the choices to us. This menu title the dishes as the "Italian Burrata Salad", "Southwest Chicken Salad" or "Impossible Burger". As we get back to normal, I'm trying to suss out what the meal frequency is across the network - i.e. how many other Lunch sets there are in circulation. Not sure yet.

I ordered the burger:

The chickpea salad was a little off, culinary speaking. I definitely don't think a burger needs a side of beans like that; some kind of greens-based salad would have gone much better. I split the tzatziki between the salad and the burger; it helped both of them.

A quite solid lunch option, but I do agree with the other posters from earlier that it seems like a very bizarre mealset to have two salads, both of which contain meat, and then a burger which is technically vegetarian. I think the offering would be substantially improved if one of the salads were the vegetarian option, as I considered this just to be a regular old burger (and it tastes it!).

The blueberry bar was dressed up with half a blackberry and quite tasty.

The southwest chicken "salad" was indeed more of a rice bowl, like the long-form menu item would suggest.
Can't stand feta cheese, looks like one could scrape it off from that picture?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Peasant at large
Upcoming DL197 SEA-ICN flight. I'm probably going to pick the seabass unless someone here screams otherwise.

SIGNATURE SELECTION
A collection of our customer favorites available on your flight

HERB STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
with Washington red la soda potatoes gratin, cauliflower mushroom, haricot verts, and peppercorn sauce

THREE CHEESE TORTELLINI*
with Impossible Bolognese and shaved parmesan
*Vegetarian Selection

KOREAN SELECTION
Mushroom and Beef Bibimbap with gochujang, sesame oil and steamed rice

LIMITED SELECTION
Exclusive entrée options curated for this market and only available when ordered prior to departure
SPICY IMPOSSIBLE SAUSAGE AND RICE CAKES*
with scallions, gai lan and crispy shallots
*Vegetarian Selection

SWEET CHILI GLAZED SEABASS
with pineapple fried rice, vegetable stir-fry, and baby bok choy
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM

THREE CHEESE TORTELLINI*
*Vegetarian Selection

I don't really get this option. Seems like the impossible Bolognese is unnecessary for the cheese tortellini. This is like an invented dish. When was the last time you saw a cheese tortellini served with a meat sauce (fake or not)
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Can't stand feta cheese, looks like one could scrape it off from that picture?
I wouldn't bet on it; burger is served quite hot so the cheese will be on the melty side. Depends on how much residue you can tolerate.
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Originally Posted by crunchie
Upcoming DL197 SEA-ICN flight. I'm probably going to pick the seabass unless someone here screams otherwise.

SIGNATURE SELECTION
A collection of our customer favorites available on your flight

HERB STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
with Washington red la soda potatoes gratin, cauliflower mushroom, haricot verts, and peppercorn sauce

THREE CHEESE TORTELLINI*
*Vegetarian Selection

KOREAN SELECTION
Mushroom and Beef Bibimbap with gochujang, sesame oil and steamed rice

LIMITED SELECTION
Exclusive entrée options curated for this market and only available when ordered prior to departure
SPICY IMPOSSIBLE SAUSAGE AND RICE CAKES*
with scallions, gai lan and crispy shallots
*Vegetarian Selection

SWEET CHILI GLAZED SEABASS
with pineapple fried rice, vegetable stir-fry, and baby bok choy
If you like sweet, the sea bass is good (I had it once, far too sweet and sticky for my tastes). The bibimbap has been quite good as a rule, but again, that is a taste issue. Safest option is the chicken, IMO
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: Peasant at large
Originally Posted by TATLTAIL
If you like sweet, the sea bass is good (I had it once, far too sweet and sticky for my tastes). The bibimbap has been quite good as a rule, but again, that is a taste issue. Safest option is the chicken, IMO
I did wonder about "how sweet" it might be. Was hoping the limited selection stuff will be fresher. Guess I'll flip a coin to decide between chicken and fish.

Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by TATLTAIL
was just about to post the Bibimbap has been good on every ICN (to and from) Delta flight I have ever been on.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 5:10 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles

Programs: DL (duh), AA 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond

Cold fried chicken salad

This was my cold fried chicken salad on sea-ord lunch yesterday. Overall I really enjoyed it. There were maybe 5-6 chicken nugget sized pieces of chicken. There is no lettuce. Just lightly pickled radishes and purple cabbage —the picking was asian-style, Eg rice wine vinegar The critics were a little strange as they were soft and didn’t really add to flavor or texture. At first the green goddess was also a little strange, but the garlic punch was appreciated! The fruit struck me as weird at first, but I also ended up really enjoying the flavor contrast with the main dish. The lemon bar was excellent.

Id definitely order again if presented with these three choices… my seat mate was stuck with the charcuterie plate. I love charcuterie, but her plate looked not so desirable.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by emma dog

Cold fried chicken salad

This was my cold fried chicken salad on sea-ord lunch yesterday. Overall I really enjoyed it. There were maybe 5-6 chicken nugget sized pieces of chicken. There is no lettuce. Just lightly pickled radishes and purple cabbage —the picking was asian-style, Eg rice wine vinegar The critics were a little strange as they were soft and didn’t really add to flavor or texture. At first the green goddess was also a little strange, but the garlic punch was appreciated! The fruit struck me as weird at first, but I also ended up really enjoying the flavor contrast with the main dish. The lemon bar was excellent.

Id definitely order again if presented with these three choices… my seat mate was stuck with the charcuterie plate. I love charcuterie, but her plate looked not so desirable.
I'm guessing your auto correct hates the word croutons?
But assuming thats what you meant I totally agree. If you leave croutons on a salad for much times (especially if you put it in a closed container) they turn into a soggy mess quickly. They should be on the side or not at all.
Also agree the green goddess dressing is a little weird. I don't really see how it fits with the flavors you post points to and i would think some kinda of vinegar based dressing with Asian flavors would make a lot more sense. Its like they are trying to make into some kind of Asia fusion cobb salad thing that just seems weird.

but it looks good and I would try it, but im pulling and soggy croutons off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.