Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mhyduchak
Ordering is active for my July 15th flight.
SLC-MSP menu:

This seems to be the lunch on every MSP flight I have. Looking forward to flying Thursday when I can see if pre-select actually worked!
Minnyappleus and Mhyduchak like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
The meal service threshold for FC flights is 900 miles. FC service standards can be found here -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...ce/first-class

YUL-DTW is only 530 miles and nowhere near the 900 mile threshold -- - Great Circle Mapper

Yeah, it's sad that they can't provide anything beyond the snack basket on a flight blocked at 1:30-2:00, but it is what it is. I often fly DTW-PVD, and plan on eating in the terminal at DTW if my travel is going to go over the lunch or dinner hours, and plan on getting a sandwich at a kiosk at PVD on the return.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG
Delta chat no help

T-3 CDG-MSP D1. The select entree button and the select entree is in the passenger info and still getting an error message. I chatted with Delta yesterday and had no luck. She was very confused, at first asking about a special meal, then seat selection. I even sent screenshots but no luck. Anyone know what I should say to get help?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by LeisureOnlyMSP
T-3 CDG-MSP D1. The select entree button and the select entree is in the passenger info and still getting an error message. I chatted with Delta yesterday and had no luck. She was very confused, at first asking about a special meal, then seat selection. I even sent screenshots but no luck. Anyone know what I should say to get help?
Take a deep breath.

Order food on flight.

Relax.
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Yeah, I've had this experience too - I've talked to 3 different chat agents. Even sent screenshots (they eventually asked for them). they start out thinking I want a special meal, and then tell me a very confusing thing that my meal selection won't be available until 24 hours before the meal, but that I need to be sure to select it minimum 24 hours in advance. My flight is in two days, still can't do it. The last person I talked to told me to try calling.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta PM/1MM
TPA to DTW

Originally Posted by spudley007
This seems to be the lunch on every MSP flight I have. Looking forward to flying Thursday when I can see if pre-select actually worked!
These are the same choices for TPA to DTW on 7.14 2pm flight. I'm going for the burger.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum

Anyone have pictures of the burrata or salad?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus

Anyone have pictures of the burrata or salad?
Only my opinion, as someone who lives in Italy half the year: it's not really burrata, which personally annoys me, but it's hardly a tragedy. The chicken salad I prefer and is perhaps more reliable option mutatis mutandis, but none of the three are terrible (I agree with others that the impossible 'meat' products are very salty, so if that is a dietary concern be cautious). I've seen these menu about 7 or 8 times and usually go with the salad, as it is more survivable as aircraft food to me, but I usually just have a few vodka tonics to make it better :-/
cmd320, Minnyappleus and Mhyduchak like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
DL 885: SFO to MSP
July 10, 2022
Boeing 737-900, Lunch

The menu was the same as has been posted a few times upthread, although on this flight the FA offered a laminated, printed menu (presumably a crew copy) instead of reading the choices to us. This menu title the dishes as the "Italian Burrata Salad", "Southwest Chicken Salad" or "Impossible Burger". As we get back to normal, I'm trying to suss out what the meal frequency is across the network - i.e. how many other Lunch sets there are in circulation. Not sure yet.

I ordered the burger:

The chickpea salad was a little off, culinary speaking. I definitely don't think a burger needs a side of beans like that; some kind of greens-based salad would have gone much better. I split the tzatziki between the salad and the burger; it helped both of them.

A quite solid lunch option, but I do agree with the other posters from earlier that it seems like a very bizarre mealset to have two salads, both of which contain meat, and then a burger which is technically vegetarian. I think the offering would be substantially improved if one of the salads were the vegetarian option, as I considered this just to be a regular old burger (and it tastes it!).

The blueberry bar was dressed up with half a blackberry and quite tasty.

The southwest chicken "salad" was indeed more of a rice bowl, like the long-form menu item would suggest.
cmd320, Minnyappleus and Mhyduchak like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jewree
Yeah, I've had this experience too - I've talked to 3 different chat agents. Even sent screenshots (they eventually asked for them). they start out thinking I want a special meal, and then tell me a very confusing thing that my meal selection won't be available until 24 hours before the meal, but that I need to be sure to select it minimum 24 hours in advance. My flight is in two days, still can't do it. The last person I talked to told me to try calling.
The quality of the chat agents has dropped precipitously (and I feel like was already in decline pre-COVID, possibly). I agree that you might have better luck calling in.
MSPeconomist and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
This is sea-ord for a lunch flight. Nothing sounds good. Any thoughts?

Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Zorak
The quality of the chat agents has dropped precipitously (and I feel like was already in decline pre-COVID, possibly). I agree that you might have better luck calling in.
I've tried ... 1 hour 15 min on hold and call got dropped before it was ever answered, then another 58 minutes but I had to go and hung up at that point.

People mention getting an email 2-3 days before with a link to select their meals - any chance someone could share what the link looks like? I might be able to construct one for my flight? (I didn't get that email, just got a text about what to expect, etc, nothing about meal).
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Heading to SFO next month and have the option of connecting in either ATL or MSP with dinner service on the flight out to SFO. Both have relatively short connections so will have to rely for on-board food for dinner.

Seems like food options are about the same on either right now?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by emma dog
This is sea-ord for a lunch flight. Nothing sounds good. Any thoughts?

Whoa, cold fried chicken? That's a blast from the past! This was a meal they used to offer many years ago: Yeah for the fried chicken! - FlyerTalk Forums - people seemed to really like it at the time, though the sides may have changed this year.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: Delta PM/1MM
Mhyduchak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.