Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG
Meal selection error

My flight next week now has a "select entree" button. When I click it, I get an error message. Is this typical as the flight is 5+ days out or a true internal error as it states?
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LeisureOnlyMSP
My flight next week now has a "select entree" button. When I click it, I get an error message. Is this typical as the flight is 5+ days out or a true internal error as it states?
What's the flight and cabin class? (Are you sure you're eligible to select a meal?)
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Meanwhile in transatlantic steerage, the eastbound dinner options were cheese ravioli and chicken. I went with the pasta, figuring it’s usually pretty forgiving and it was passable. The perfesser went with the chicken, abs described it as kind of gross with chicken flavoring added to the chicken. Revenue management has decided a small bowl of couscous with a little feta sprinkled on top can be the combined salad and white starch. The best part of the meal was the one inch square lemon ‘brownie’.

Breakfast was an egg and cheese English muffin and six pieces of surprisingly nicely ripe melon. I thought I was kind of screwed because cooked eggs gross me out but fortunately they forgot to put egg on the the perfesser’s sandwich and he swapped with me so I got an okay cheese sandwich.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Meanwhile in transatlantic steerage, the eastbound dinner options were cheese ravioli and chicken. I went with the pasta, figuring it’s usually pretty forgiving and it was passable. The perfesser went with the chicken, abs described it as kind of gross with chicken flavoring added to the chicken. Revenue management has decided a small bowl of couscous with a little feta sprinkled on top can be the combined salad and white starch. The best part of the meal was the one inch square lemon ‘brownie’.

Breakfast was an egg and cheese English muffin and six pieces of surprisingly nicely ripe melon. I thought I was kind of screwed because cooked eggs gross me out but fortunately they forgot to put egg on the the perfesser’s sandwich and he swapped with me so I got an okay cheese sandwich.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's the flight and cabin class? (Are you sure you're eligible to select a meal?)
Yes D1 CDG MSP - the icon just appeared today
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse

Same but no melon. Flew Main MSP AMS in Main. I'd agree the chicken was gross and I eat school lunch on a regular basis!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by LeisureOnlyMSP
I’m having the same issue with a JFK to SFO D1 flight. The entree selection e-mail takes me to a link where I only have the option of a “Signature selection” and an “Italian Grain Bowl”. The link in the app gives an error.
LeisureOnlyMSP likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by BOStoYVR
I’m having the same issue with a JFK to SFO D1 flight. The entree selection e-mail takes me to a link where I only have the option of a “Signature selection” and an “Italian Grain Bowl”. The link in the app gives an error.
Now seems to be working for me, with full slate of meal options through the change entree link in the app.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Yeah, it is broken. At 7 days before the flight, the Select Entree button shows up in the app. When I click it, I get a blank screen. This happed for me on my last flight too. I tried 3 different phones. The best I can tell, there is no way to reserve through the website, and using chat support only gets me the option to select Special Meals. At T-24, the button goes away. I have no idea how to report this to Delta, I was never able to get it to work for my last one, nor my one coming up in 5 days either. (I'm on Android if it matters).
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum

MSP-LGA preselect available this morning for flight on 7/15.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Preselect seems live for domestic flights! My flight out of DTW on 7/14 gives me the 3 regular DTW lunch choices (Tuna Poke Bowl, Ruben Sandwiches or Pasta). Unfortunately my flight tomorrow out of MCO does not have preselect, so not sure if it doesn't start until later in the week or if it's just hubs.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by spudley007
my flight tomorrow out of MCO does not have preselect, so not sure if it doesn't start until later in the week or if it's just hubs.
Seems rollouts like these always hit on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday...
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:11 am

What snacks are available on domestic flights?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Pidge
What snacks are available on domestic flights?
Depends on length and class of service.
currently I think it is…

<250 miles:
nothing in main or C+
“basic” snacks in FC (maybe)- biscoff, nuts, etc.

251-499:
choice of one snack from two options (usually biscoff and something salty) in main/C+
Snack basket in F

500-899
choice of one snack from four options (biscoff, nuts, pretzels, granola bar usually)
Snack basket in F
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: DM-3MM, Marriott Platinum 4 Life, VFW-Life
Menu choice in domestic FC

Originally Posted by spudley007
Preselect seems live for domestic flights! My flight out of DTW on 7/14 gives me the 3 regular DTW lunch choices (Tuna Poke Bowl, Ruben Sandwiches or Pasta). Unfortunately my flight tomorrow out of MCO does not have preselect, so not sure if it doesn't start until later in the week or if it's just hubs.
Got to choose breakfast for Saturday flight from DTW-PHX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.