Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Filed my complaint yesterday about PDBs not being served on 2 of my 3 flights a couple weeks ago. I look forward to their response and some token skypesos in September, probably.
I filed my complaint as well. I hope they do something.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Does anyone know when (if) special meals will return to domestic first? Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Had the pasta a few days ago on JFK-SAN (domestic First) and it was ok, not great. Portion was huge, came with peas and butternut squash in a cheese sauce
And so, I had ordered the pasta. And at some point after I had ordered it, and a couple of days ago, the order self-morphed into the grain bowl, and the pasta was no longer an option. Fear not, no reserved meal choices ended up on the flight last night after an earlier JFK/SFO canceled, and my flight had 2 aircraft swaps. Nonetheless, the grain bowl was available onboard, and I tried it. (By midnight-ish, the meal service time for my published 9:10 pm flight, I wasn't that hungry). I would probably have appreciated the dish at an earlier hour. And the FA was so nice - of course, I get such a great crew on a flight where I just want to nibble on the meal for a bit, have a couple of beverages, and then lie down. No PDB, but not surprised, because the boarding was a mess. Originally a 752, with an earlier 763 flight canceled, and my plane swapped to a 763 (which was showing as having been sitting at JFK for 4 hours) then swapped to another 763, which was still not there at boarding time. Either people weren't paying attention, or they weren't being notified of the seat changes during BP scan. If there were a snack basket passed through the cabin, or set up in the galley, I've no idea.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Wow, I got my D1 meal choices today CDG-ATL and they were all vegetarian options. (Nothing on menu that sounded good to me) crepes, soufflι, granola
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by demkr
Nothing for my 7/1 flight

My 7/3 flights are not showing an option for special meals. No email yet, but it's also too early.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/4.0 MM
Some photos of meals from DL 47 AMS-JFK on Sun. 6/26. Pre-ordered salmon (only available as pre-order), served with vegetable soup (Thai-style), salad, and the one roll. I personally found the soup and the sauce with the salmon to be quite salty. The salad was fresh (although small) and for some reason either the roll or the butter it came with was also very salty.

DL 47 AMS-JFK Delta One Salmon meal (Pre-order only)

Dessert was either ice cream or a berry cake. I was given the opportunity to try them both. Yes, that's a plastic cup for the ice cream. The berry cake was somewhat bland and I did not finish it.

DL 47 AMS-JFK Ice Cream in a Plastic Cup

DL 47 AMS-JFK Berry Cake

Pre-arrival meal was a choice of a burger or salmon salad. I chose the salad, which was good. That's a thin slice of brown bread on the plate behind the salad. The fruit was fresh; quantity was small.

DL 47 AMS-JFK Pre-arrival meal salmon salad
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Dl1227, 6/29, IAH-LGA

This was the "cheese quiche" by the first class FA who mailed it in this morning and didn't add attention to detail. Other options were the fruit and cheese plate (which I had last time and is upthread) or some kind of cold oat thing maybe with mango? My neighbor had it, scooped off some of the fruit and sent it back mostly uneaten.

The quiche was pretty good, I had a previous incarnation of this meal a couple months ago and liked it then too.

PDBs were not offered, despite ample time, and FEBO was not followed. Guess I my lucky day I got what I wanted for a meal being at the back of F.

Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Be glad you got something even remotely resembling a meal....flying ATL-JAC (over 1500 mile flight) and got a "Greek Salad with Chicken", wooden fork/knife, plastic cup for drink......but hey I did get linens (for what purpose I don't know)........FOOD HORRIBLE.....come on Delta stop blaming it on COVID and fix this pathetic in flight service.

On a positive Flight Attendant was amazing and apologized over and over.
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold

Look at this incredible “premium” DeltaOne menu out of JFK next week!

/sarcasm, obvious.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
just wanted to say that "Hot Smoked" is the method of smoking, not that it is served hot. You can buy hot smoked or cold smoked salmon.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Thanks, but just be aware that there seems to be more than one seabass dish floating around in the DL network at this time. I had the seabass with okra (described as coming with a warm tomato salad) exMSP; I can't vouch for the other version(s) of seabass that seem to be offered from other stations.
i'm flying slc - cdg in 6 days. my 'select" email came yesterday, i was looking around here for suggestion. they are offering that seabass with the okra, so i chose it. Hopefully, it will be as tasty as the one MSPeconomist had!!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Be glad you got something even remotely resembling a meal....flying ATL-JAC (over 1500 mile flight) and got a "Greek Salad with Chicken", wooden fork/knife, plastic cup for drink......but hey I did get linens (for what purpose I don't know)........FOOD HORRIBLE.....come on Delta stop blaming it on COVID and fix this pathetic in flight service.

On a positive Flight Attendant was amazing and apologized over and over.
they aren't blaming COVID. They are blaming staffing issues in part due to COVID and shutting the world down.

and If Delta or someone at Delta could magically fix airline/vendor/airport etc staffing issues that easily, someone would be making a metric s$%t ton of money.

(not saying its right/or that service is where it should be, but its not a light switch they can turn on and off)
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by MotelRomeo
It will be a real lunch. You can see the current menu here, and you will get an email / app notification to select your meal ahead of time if you want.

https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/cdg-slc/
Ugh. Hope they change the options by the time i do this flight on 8/5. otherwise, i'm grabbing a sandwich from the Paul stand (i'm a sucker for the ham, cheese and butter baguette). or, sneak something out of the lounge...
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Being offered these options out of HND next week, anyone tried them?
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGH with miso demi-glace, glazed sweet onions, cauliflower mash and sauteed spinach
SPINACH AND RICOTTA LASAGNA* with pomodoro sauce *Vegetarian Selection
JAPANESE SELECTION Wagyu Beef with grated radish sauce, Japanese pumpkin, zucchini red bell pepper, steamed rice, and Japanese pickles
GREENLAND HALIBUT with oyster sauce, stir-fried mushrooms, pak choi, and steamed rice
GRILLED KUROBUTA PORK with miso glaze, broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers carrots and steamed rice
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Has anyone had success with ordering a domestic first class or special meal? Agent just told me that because I am starting my trip with an Endeavor Air flight I am not eligible to select a meal on my Delta mainline flight?!?!

Update: Talked to another agent on Messenger and they said I can select at the 24 hour mark. We shall see.

Last edited by Skystreak; Jul 2, 2022 at 3:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.