Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Aug 6, 22, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
Originally Posted by FlyAO2 View Post
Any updates from the stations that were still handing out sad boxes? Any improvements in those locations?
No but I will say I flew Air Canada this week on a regional jet out of Gander, Newfoundland (RON aircraft) and they managed to provide a full hot breakfast. That station is the definition of middle of nowhere. Delta has NO excuses.
krazykanuck and cmd320 like this.
Old Aug 6, 22, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Was the PDB on DL exCDG real (French) champagne, from the Champagne region of France?
While I can't speak directly about CDG-SEA on DL, I can say that on my 7/25, CDG-YVR flight in J on AF, I don't believe that the PDB bubbly served was real champagne. If it was, then it was pretty awful. Mon dieu!
Old Aug 6, 22, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
2 flights out of JAC in July (1st flight I got a true "Orange or Green Box" so the literal coach boxes that they sell. The second flight I got the sad box options......JAC has always been an issue and Pre-Covid they would double cater the flight JAC to ATL out of ATL the night before but it was always a "cold meal" option. Since COVID its all over the place.......I agree they don't have any excuses.
Old Aug 6, 22, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL PM
Disappointing Shortrib SEA-ANC

Usually, short ribs are something DL does quite well. I’ve recently enjoyed the Fox Bros ex ATL, and the mushroom sauced with Polenta and asparagus ex MSP.

However, this one (ex SEA) was NOT good. Served with a molasses bbq sauce, pickled cabbage, and corn pudding. The meat was severely over cooked, dry, lean, and tough. The corn pudding was dry and tasteless. The pickled cabbage was dried out as well (the picture makes it actually look better than it was). Disappointing packaged cookie as well. The salad was also odd. What I thought was mandarin oranges in the salad tasted like beets… is there even such a thing as gold beets?

It could be coincidence, but now that I think about it, all meals I’ve had lately ex SEA have been of poor quality.

Very attentive crew. PDB as soon as we sat down, verified our pre-select order, served TWO drinks on the meal tray, and kept glasses filled in flight.

I’ve recently recommended the short rib to others in this thread, but would advise caution if ex SEA. Other options were a sad looking charcuterie plate, and an impossible bolognese pasta that actually looked good!

Old Aug 6, 22, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by GagaPilot View Post
Usually, short ribs are something DL does quite well. I’ve recently enjoyed the Fox Bros ex ATL, and the mushroom sauced with Polenta and asparagus ex MSP.

However, this one (ex SEA) was NOT good. Served with a molasses bbq sauce, pickled cabbage, and corn pudding. The meat was severely over cooked, dry, lean, and tough. The corn pudding was dry and tasteless. The pickled cabbage was dried out as well (the picture makes it actually look better than it was). Disappointing packaged cookie as well. The salad was also odd. What I thought was mandarin oranges in the salad tasted like beets… is there even such a thing as gold beets?

It could be coincidence, but now that I think about it, all meals I’ve had lately ex SEA have been of poor quality.

Very attentive crew. PDB as soon as we sat down, verified our pre-select order, served TWO drinks on the meal tray, and kept glasses filled in flight.

I’ve recently recommended the short rib to others in this thread, but would advise caution if ex SEA. Other options were a sad looking charcuterie plate, and an impossible bolognese pasta that actually looked good!

There are actually golden beets. Like all root vegetables, it seems you can grow them all in a multitude of colors.
chrisny2 and GagaPilot like this.
Old Aug 7, 22, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AC 50K, Hyatt Ist-iest, Starriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer View Post
If you get the lamb, report back! I'm flying Monday.
I did get the lamb, and I don't particularly recommend it. It was fine, and that's about as generous as I can be. I kinda wish I'd picked something else.

ATL-CDG
Charred Lamb Chops

Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Aug 7, 22, 2:55 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
I did get the lamb, and I don't particularly recommend it. It was fine, and that's about as generous as I can be. I kinda wish I'd picked something else.

ATL-CDG
Charred Lamb Chops
They do NOT look charred! I'll go a different direction.

Thanks for following up...
Old Aug 7, 22, 5:01 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by GoBob View Post
Cold chia oatmeal Breakfast on the 7:50 am BOS-MSP earlier this week - I thought this was excellent (YMMV might vary of course).
That does look good and I decided to order it for my LGA-MSP leg this weekend (the other choices are the three cheese quiche and a charcuterie and cheese plate).
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus View Post
This is the "Green Chile Chicken Salad" which has now been relabeled as the "Southwest Arugula Salad." It's cold and actually quite good.
I'm seeing this as one of the second meals of MSP-HNL this month; can you please advise if there was any cilantro *in* the salad (in other words, other than the dressing)? If it's only in the dressing, I can probably handle it. Otherwise, I will stick with the fruit and cheese plate.

Thanks!
GoBob likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 7, 22 at 5:14 am
Old Aug 7, 22, 6:50 am

Programs: DL- PM, AA-GL
Recently flew from FCA to MSP, "breakfast" was listed- choice was one type of snack box (the one with the gummy bears and junk in it) or "Charcuterie" sad box (box contained a prepackaged cheese and cracker lunchable lookalike).
Old Aug 7, 22, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL DM
RDU-SLC choices for dinner were braised short rib, impossible burrito, or shrimp poke bowl. I ordered the shrimp in advance which paid off as FEBO was not observed. Bowl was quite good. Only a few pieces of shrimp but the flavor was good. Nice to have a change from the endless months of the blueberry cheesecake

Old Aug 7, 22, 9:13 pm

Italian Burrata MIA-JFK

sspontak likes this.

Last edited by shoodawg; Aug 8, 22 at 9:20 am
Old Aug 7, 22, 9:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PL
Originally Posted by trail_hiker View Post
RDU-SLC choices for dinner were braised short rib, impossible burrito, or shrimp poke bowl. I ordered the shrimp in advance which paid off as FEBO was not observed. Bowl was quite good. Only a few pieces of shrimp but the flavor was good. Nice to have a change from the endless months of the blueberry cheesecake

Had the same poke SFO-JFK………
Old Aug 7, 22, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
Originally Posted by shoodawg View Post
That isn't even Burrata.
chrisny2 and keyw like this.
Old Aug 7, 22, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Is it just me or does the way it's presented make Delta D1 international food always look like a pale comparison to non US carriers. The Taste and the quality may even be good but they way they just throw it all on one tray seems to diminish the experience of eating.

-Paul
MSPeconomist and dmarge18 like this.
Old Aug 9, 22, 12:04 pm

Am I mistaken or did the wiki previously contain hyperlinks to posts for specific routes?

I am wondering if there are any datapoints on the dinner menu between LAX and MCO? Sadly the flight is serviced on a 739 so I am hoping the menu is at least somewhat tolerable.

Search this Thread